T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
you talk a lot for a guy with just 36 posts in this forum.
hey yoda.....let him have his say... as long as he doesn't get filthy , abusive personally to members....arun I am a staunch votary of the principle " I may not agree with you, but will defend with my life your right to disagree with me", but address cricket issues, and don't get personal, what does my mom or anything have to do with the fact that I hate Indian fans in our country in general putting the personalities ahead of team ??
Guest HariSampath
HariSampath..if you feel you are a definiton of loser which im sure you probably are....you sud end ur life.... but dont join indian cricket and its fan into ur loser club....Check all ur posts...just hate self loathe and noting else....did ur mom find you a chick yet ?
this is the mentality of those who blindly adore individuals and put them above the team, and attack personally those who speak bitter truths publicly: If you cant disagree with valid points and cannot digest the message..attack the messenger personally .... eh ??
Its our money that they get. we are paying and I want to know what the biggest receivers of our money have done for that ??
If you feel it is a waste of your time and money, quit watching it, simple.... or did the team give u some guarantee that ur paisa will be 100% wasool:mama:

So did everyone have the chest thumping cross-posts with abuse and including the chachas and the mamas Take it easy on personal attack HS. ===> How much did you pay, a sport is not a movie show where you felt cheated coz the direction was bad. Then you come here to discuss the actors and storyline? Why not watch a movie which always pleases you We would like to stick to the same group of actors, and I have no problem accepting the fact that the other team is the one who beats the bagoozas outta everyone in ODIs and TESTS and oh!, they just happen to be World Champions Big deal, enjoy the sport man and learn to be disappointed OR better - turn into an Aussie ..they saala never give up:top:

Guest HariSampath
So did everyone have the chest thumping cross-posts with abuse and including the chachas and the mamas Take it easy on personal attack
What personal attack ? on whom ?
HS. ===> How much did you pay, a sport is not a movie show where you felt cheated coz the direction was bad. Then you come here to discuss the actors and storyline? Why not watch a movie which always pleases you
Pay= time+effort+investment of mental energy+genuine support support for the game and my country's team. Expectation from players=100% sincere effort for the right reason ( NOT for one's own self but for the team ) Here we are all entitled to our opinions and the expressions thereof.
We would like to stick to the same group of actors, and I have no problem accepting the fact that the other team is the one who beats the bagoozas outta everyone in ODIs and TESTS and oh!, they just happen to be World Champions
By "we" , I guess you refer to those fans in India who echo your thinking, its a bigger world, Rajeev , please check out your whole site
Big deal, enjoy the sport man and learn to be disappointed OR better - turn into an Aussie ..they saala never give up:top:
It is a BIG deal for cricket fans.... cricket is..or this site wouldn't be there, and I am learning to be disappointed....the Indian players , the current lot are great teachers in this regard. Oh , Disppointment with results and disappointment withe 100% effort for the right reasons are two different things, thats the core belief of my posts and all points are derived from that belief As a sporting fan I have done in the past and will always treat sporting wins and losses as just part of sport. As to whether these players are playing for the right reasons or not, we have different views on that, and I shall respect yours whether you respect mine or not. Maybe you should ask our players to take a leaf out of the Aussie book, that way you will have expressed the sentiments of a lot of fans and continued the great efforts you have been devoting for the sake of our cricket :shades_smile: PS: I don't expect you to get into longwinded debates with me on this, nor am I interested. But I thought not replying honestly to the site owner would be discourteous, esp in view of the effort you have been giving for the cricket fans' sake and the fact you chose to message me in the limited time you have , one last thing, please see my next post with a short extract from an article I wrote years ago, that should give you an idea of where I am coming from, and if you care to read the entire article you will pretty much understand all the reasons. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Cricket is religion I've heard but this is taking it a bit too far. Looks like every time India loses irrespective of who the opponent is some of the fans can't take it sportingly. Get on with it, it's just a sport. I'm sure the very same fan would have worshiped these players when they won. Drama and more drama...

Guest HariSampath
Why all this ? Because like 1 billion other Indian fans... I care... I want my country to win... always win...never lose. And I am not paid to feel more for my country, and the least I can expect from those who are paid to satisfy the aspirations of millions like me is a 100 % effort to give their lives on the field trying to win games for our country. Be devastated when they don't... be ashamed....don't show their faces.... turn back their match fees.... offer to step down from the side, apologise to the fans and the country for not winning, at least, for not trying 100 %. This and This alone entitle the players to the glories that come when they do win. It is a matter of RIGHT for me, the Indian cricket fan, to expect this.
I hope the above clarifies what I expect from the team, the players and why. While everyone may not feel the same, neither am I alone.
Guest HariSampath
"We are really a 420 country" I hope the "We" is meant to include you too...or it is just one of those rants where everybody else is at fault except oneself.
By "we", I am referring to the collective conscience of the highly tolerant cricket fans, and would of course include all fans, at one time or other. Its not a rant on those losing days of now or last month, I have been saying this for years , including the days when we win( check last game thread when we won), that we all tend to gloss over losses that happen due to insincere and dishonest effort, and gloat over wins that happen due to reasons other than our own cricket skills. Someone has to say "The emperor is wearing no clothes", and the fact this country largely chooses not to do so, indicates we are guilty of intellectual dishonesty, which is what I had meant by saying " we are a country of fools deceiving ourselves that all players are playing for the right reasons"
Guest HariSampath
heheheee so lets seee .. pretty much the Heart and soul of this MB here says that Mr IKnowitall is wrong .... wonder what are the odds that they ALL are wrong ...:giggle::haha: And yes Adiben shubh kaam mei deri kyon .... :haha: ---------
Not worthy of a response
Guest HariSampath

Quote by Gambit viewpost.gif qs.gif He's being called a self loather because he thinks we didn't deserve to win the 4th ODI and that we should be 5-0 down! qe.gif

That's fine although I disagree with it. Doesn't make him a self loather. If he were a self loather he wouldn't be on the match thread all night trying to hope that we do well asking other posters how exactly we lost those early wickets.
I think this illustrates where I come from and why I am so mad at the way certain players perform and their true motivations. For those who have been suggesting I am a self loather,I am a paki and should go to Aus etc, this should be a better response than any I can give myself
Guest HariSampath

By the way, I just applauded a fantastic 100 by Younus Khan with Pakistan chading a near impossible 450+ win. Hope Younus gets 200 and Pakistan win a historic game, will be great for the game of cricket. Does this make me a paki as some suggest ? NO, because if this game were against India I would be rooting for Younus to be dismissed every ball, and India winning. Just that love cricket too, apart from being an Indian fan, and I don't have to go overboard expressing "hate all opponents hate all countries" to prove my credentials as an Indian fan. 257 to win . GO pakistan ! you gotta do it

By "we"' date= I am referring to the collective conscience of the highly tolerant cricket fans, and would of course include all fans, at one time or other.
I refuse to be included in that "we" though I'm a huge cricket fan. So please speak only for yourself Mr. Hari.

Hari Boss I am just one of the site founders, I have no exclusivity here. If you read ravis post, I echo the same point that we take it too seriously. I get annoyed and disappointed too but I don't go deep fry I just feel it should remain a sport than a fan complaining about their time and energy. You have no idea how much I spend to broadcast a game BUT I love it, and even if they lose; I gulp it down and wait for the next one But sometimes, I just gotta give it to the opposition - they are just simply better. The "we" were fans here on this site, we do argue but your posts seem bitter than usual and I was asking others to refrain from attacking you personally You are right about longwinded debates, I watched the game - I complained, I enjoyed, I clapped and I get on with it. I am sorry but I not a big fan of articles as such unless it has stats on it as such so I just browsed through your article, I am sure you are great writer and will contribute to this site as well I am sure others will enjoy your company here

Guest HariSampath
Hari Boss I am sorry but I not a big fan of articles as such unless it has stats on it as such so I just browsed through your article, I am sure you are great writer and will contribute to this site as well I am sure others will enjoy your company here
Thanks, I appreciate it. I would certainly contribute articles to the site. I certainly hope there are some fans who enjoy my company on this site.
Guest HariSampath

Can we love cricket, applaud Sachin, support India, root for a win, take a loss sportingly(with a heavy heart), and still not be ashamed to stand up and applaud our opponents ( even the most bitter one) for great cricket, all the time without conflict, and then when we harshly critize our players are we self loathers ? Can we still discuss this game with the fans of the same bitter opponent years later, and be respected for it ? Here is a sample of a small exchange I had with a Pakistan cricket fan on a website on one of the greatest India Pakistan test matches of all times, the 1999 Chennai test, and I was in the stands and was one of those who applauded Sachin all the time, cursed him too, and also applauded Wasim and his men. I come from the same Chennai and the following exchange should give insights on all the points raised above. the India-Pak Chennai test 1999 Quote: Originally Posted by chandtara The way you write bro, I wouldn't mind reading up a review of that game. I have the actual game here at home which i will inshallah upload for all the members to see. ********************************************************************************* Yeah, that was a one of the all time classic test matches ever played between India and Pak and I watched all the 4 days of the game till it was over. The first innings, Saqlain's great spell of 5 wkts, the narrow lead, Shahid Afridi's classic hundred on a wearing pitch against Srinath, Prasad and Kumble, Inzy's 50, Prasad's great 6 wkt burst, Sachin Tendulkar's classy innings of 136 as he fought with a back sprain and pain killers chasing 271 to win, that huge groan that went around a shocked crowd as he slogged to get out within 16 runs of a win, the dramatic last 7 overs from Wasim and Saqlain and then the great Win for Pakistan. And a weeping Tendulkar at the end of that match, saying it was the most disappointing moment of his life. I do have a diary notes of that game on my PC and it is a fan's view from the stands as the test swayed tantalisingly back and forth over 4 days, resulting in a dramatic victory for Pakistan and also that tremendous standing ovation for Wasim's men as they did a victory lap, so many of the spectators in the stands had tears streaming down their faces out of deep disappointment but still in just one moment forgot all that to stand up and applaud one of the greatest displays of cricket seen at Chepauk, Chennai, prompting Wasim Akram to say post match " I have never got such an ovation even in Pakistan, thank you Chepauk, I wish I can carry this crowd in my pocket everywhere". If Pak friends are interested I would post my accounts of this game and all the Ind-Pak tests one dayers I had seen in Chepauk over the last 28 years, maybe in another thread. I promise you that I will only be slighly biased towards my teambiggrin9gp.gif Afterall they are my home team, but like my home crowd, I also love great cricket from Pakistan tup.gif Thnx and Rgds, Hari Sampath