ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Heres my predictions of the groups: Group A Bangladesh England South Africa/West Indies Group B Australia New Zealand Afghanistan Group C Sri Lanka West Indies/South Africa Ireland Group D India Pakistan Ireland I want some money if I get any of it right..
You get no money as you have some Basic factual errors. 1. 2014 World T20 will have 16 and not 12 teams in groups 2. The Format has also changed in a major way ROUND 1 Group A Associate 1, Associate 2, Associate 3, BD Group B Associate 4, Associate 5, Associate 6, Zim Top 2 teams from this round go into Round 2. (It is not clear whether top 2 teams will play cross over matches or winners of each group will go into the next roun ROUND 2 Group C Top 8-1, Top 8-2, Top 8-3, Top 8-4, Winner Round 1 Group D Top 8-5, Top 8-6, Top 8-7, Top 8-8, Runners Up Round 1 Top 8 are Aus, Eng, Ind, NZ, Pak, SA, SL & WI SEMI FINAL FINALS

ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 - Groups/Format and Schedule announced

The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced the match schedules and ticket sale plans for the ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014, which will be staged from 16 March to 6 April. The West Indies’ men will defend the title they won last year in Colombo The format for the men’s event in next year’s tournament has been changed following an increase in teams from 12 to 16. As the teams’ seeding are based on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012, the top eight sides following the conclusion of the ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka 2012 will play directly in the Super 10 stage, while Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, which finished outside the top eight, will participate in the first round that will be held from 16-21 March. The first round of the men’s event will include eight sides that will be divided into two groups of four teams each, with the table-toppers progressing to the Super 10 stage. In the first round, Group A will feature host Bangladesh alongside three teams that will qualify from the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier UAE 2013, to be staged from 15 to 30 November. Group B will include Zimbabwe, which will be joined by another three teams from the upcoming qualifiers. As such, the two groups will be finalised on 30 November. The Super 10 stage will start with an evening match between former champions India and Pakistan in Dhaka onFriday 21 March. The two groups of the Super 10 stage are: Super 10 (S10) Groups (Based on teams’ rankings on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012) Group 1 – Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Group B Qualifier 1 (Q1B) Group 2 – West Indies, India, Pakistan, Australia, Group A Qualifier 1 (Q1A) Reigning champion the West Indies will launch its title defence against India in an evening match on Sunday 23 March. Earlier on the same day, Pakistan will lock horns with Australia, which is looking for the only global title that has eluded it to date. If Bangladesh reaches the Super 10 stage, it will play all its matches in Dhaka, facing the West Indies on 25 March, India on 28 March, Pakistan on 30 March and Australia on 1 April. The prize money for the men’s event will be US$3 million, with the winner receiving US$1.1 million and the losing finalist collecting US$550,000.
ICC General Manager – Commercial, Campbell Jamieson, who attended the fixtures and ticket sales launch ceremony in Dhaka on Sunday, said: “The ICC World Twenty20 is the pinnacle of Twenty20 International cricket as it brings together the world’s best cricketers in a short and sharp nation versus nation tournament. “The successes of the previous editions in South Africa, England, the West Indies and Sri Lanka have proven the popularity of this tournament, and it is exciting that this event will now be staged in a country like Bangladesh which has a very proud cricketing tradition. “As regards to tickets, these will go on sale from 10 November and both the ICC and the BCB have ensured the prices are affordable and maximum tickets are available to the general public.” Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan said: “We are a cricket-crazy nation. The game of cricket is probably one of the strongest unifying factors in this country. Through cricket we showcase our passion, spread our message of harmony and welcome everyone with open arms to our land. “With the launch of ticket sales and unveiling of the schedule we are inviting the people in Bangladesh and all around the globe to visit our stadiums, support their teams and to feel the spectacular mix of colours Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong offer. After all the action and the fanfare had subsided I hope you will have a lasting memory of this country and its hospitality.” Sale of tickets and international tour and travel packages Tickets will go on sale from 10 November and will be available via the ICC website and at nearly 100 official ticket sales counters located in MoneyGram outlets in specific branches of NCC and Agrani banks situated throughout Bangladesh. The ICC and the BCB have appointed Book my Show to manage the ticket sales process. The sales policy will ensure equitable access to purchase tickets for local and overseas fans alike.
Source

Warm up for India

Sri Lanka VS India - Match 11, Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah. March 17th 2014 England VS India - Match 15, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. March 19th 2014
Schedule for India
India VS Pakistan - Match 13, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. March 21st 2014 West Indies VS India - Match 17, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. March 23rd 2014 India VS TBD - Match 24, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. March 28th 2014 India VS Australia - Match 28, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. March 30th 2014
Full schedule http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/fixtures/men

preferred the old format India have never lost a game in the first stage of the world cup from 2007-2012. Thats 8 games India have won and (one tie with a bowl out victory) India also have never lost a semi or a final. Its the super middle stages we have a **** record. Knowing the sort of person MSD and his teams are. We get to the knockouts we are winning that cup

WT20 should allow more minnows. If not in world cups then when? ofcourse BCCI is not going to invite Afghan or Ireland for the time being
Yes BCCI is ridiculous to be interested in playing just Aus and Eng, but BCB are more ridiculous of not playing cricket half of the year even though Ire and Afg repeatedly offer them to play. Even though they have improved in recent years like this NZ series still I am very surprised why they have a hesitation to play these teams. These tournament can give them a morale boost, shut the world and some extra income for the board.

^ i doubt they will get the extra income. One thing which became painfully clear to me during the Lorgat saga was some teams like Zim, Bang and SL the boards who receive these teams incur a small loss. Thats probably why Bd have been hesitatant. It is my understanding the the board who is hosting pays for the players to stay in 4/5 star hotels. So thats like 20 people staying in 5 star hotels etc for a month. You also have to take care of the airfare. Your easily talking about $300-$400k. In return Afghanistan and Ireland for eg dont have the TV revenues to compensate. With india for example, when we tour SA, the biggest source of income for CSA is from India based broadcasters. Then Willow TV showing the series on the comp to expats in North America and mainland europe. Then local broadcaster supersport.