ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Took take associate nations for granted. They will do good to pip zim and even may be ireland in twent20 qualifying tournament before super 10. It's perfect format to have more teams in world ucp and ICC is doing pretty good with this idea of introducing more teams in twenty20 world cup. Only thing I don't like is the pre tournament for them to qualify for super 10. They should have made a format like world cup of 2 groups with all 6 associate teams split twith other top teams instead of un wanted qualifying tournament. The format is just 20 over game, you can't have very one sided games if you include them.

Took take associate nations for granted. They will do good to pip zim and even may be ireland in twent20 qualifying tournament before super 10. It's perfect format to have more teams in world ucp and ICC is doing pretty good with this idea of introducing more teams in twenty20 world cup. Only thing I don't like is the pre tournament for them to qualify for super 10. They should have made a format like world cup of 2 groups with all 6 associate teams split twith other top teams instead of un wanted qualifying tournament. The format is just 20 over game, you can't have very one sided games if you include them.
yeah qualifiers would have suited 50 over WC more.gonna be many meaningless and one sided games in Aus WC

Group A is stuck is Chittagong, where there is massive turn! Dont be Surprised if South Africa or England gets knocked out from the 1st round. Group B is stuck in Mirpur where its a batting and pace paradise so again the current Champs, Windies and team unpredictable, Pakistan will struggle with their not their not the best/unreliable batting line up. But all in all, i expect exiting and intense contest right from the qualifying round to the final match. Again, DONT and I mean DONT be surprised if something out of this world happens in this World Cup. :D ;)

WT20 should allow more minnows. If not in world cups then when? ofcourse BCCI is not going to invite Afghan or Ireland for the time being
Yeah I think the best performing WT20 Qualifier should be a shoe in for the World Cup like automatic selection then let the others fight for like two places in the World Cup with their own matches. I would like to see it outside the Sub-continent but that's where the money is with T20.

T20 Is not a good indicator at all Judging by Indias performance in the last 3 world T20s india are an ordinary side but in reality they are the best or 2nd best team in ODIs. As for tests they are in the top 4 which is pretty respectable. Afghans are good t20 player because their team I'd full of sloggers. As of now I think they can beat us Bangladesh on neutral venues but that won't mean that overall we are bad. World t20 however is a good place for weak teams to compete against top teams because thus format is that sort of a gamble. The tournament should be more for entertainment so it does not hurt to see minnows. There is test championship and CT for a reason. A worldcup should be a world cup. its sole purpose is not only to decide the best team in the world. Some teams have personal goals especially if they are nit among the favourites. Bangladesh fans know that we wont win but yet we follow the world cups with passion.

^in one edition of the WC he came it at 3 with disastrous consequences. I am more than happy with the Indian batting line up. Play the same line up as they do in the ODIs. Rohit Dhawan Kohli Raina (provided a typical sub pitch) Yuvi MSD Irfan Pathan / Rishi Dhawan (whoever is in form) Sir Nadeem Bhuvi Shami Rest of Squad. Ashwin (back up spinner), Rahane (back up opener), Samson (back up keeper and middle order bat) That will be my blue print in terms of players in a 15 man squad. Obviously i doubt MSD is going to pick try Nadeem so realistically we are looking at the same team for ODIs and T20s.

People want to drop Dhoni in T20s? :phehehe: He is the world's most dangerous batsman in the format along with the likes of Gayle, ABDV etc
hes strangely not as explosive in T20Is as he is in IPL.takes time to settle down imo. Also hes senior now and should look to extend his career in other formats