ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Dhoni's lack of confidence in his bowlers may cost India dearly in this tournament Interesting statements from Dhoni in this World T20 on Mishra

“The captain (Dhoni) always tells me that I should try to spin the ball as that is my strength. He tells me that I have the ability to beat the batsman in flight."
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/icc-world-twenty20-not-afraid-of-flighting-ball-because-i-think-about-wickets-says-amit-mishra/
"I think Amit Mishra bowled 70-75 per cent of what he can bowl. He will get a lot of confidence from his performance and I think he will do even better later," said Dhoni.
"We will have to decide on team combination based on how much dew is there. Today there was a lot of dew even before the start of match. So we included an extra spinner," Dhoni said after the match.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cricket/news/Mishra-Will-Bowl-Even-Better-Dhoni/2014/03/21/article2122676.ece#.Uy5-3twxFSU Dhoni thinks that Mishra can bowl even better (What?!!! :omg:) and he will include a spinner "IF" there is a dew; not if there is no dew. This is a bit strange and I haven't heard about this before from anyone else. Dew makes it difficult to grip the bowl but Dhoni thinks that it will help the spinners or rather he feels his spinners will do better than fast bowlers when there is dew. Next, Dhoni should think about using his part-timers a bit more. Over use is a strict no-no. In the previous, World T20 vs SA the Rohit Sharma over against Faf Du Plessis was eventually the knock out blow for India to the SF. SA were 50/3 in the 7th over and Rohit conceded 13 of the over. Considering we were defending 122 (and not 151) in a low scoring game this was a BIG over. We eventually won the game by 1 run but couldn't qualify on NRR. Dhoni lacks confidence in fast bowlers and I think inclusion of Varun Aaron would be good. The problem is that Aaron's bad days are really "bad" and might prove an issue for India. Dhoni needs to really think about these things if India need to go past the post in this tournament. http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2012/engine/match/533295.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary
Shameless mercenaries vs. match fixers :sick: Hope the game will get washed out,the scorers would make an error and both these crap teams end up with 0 points ... :pray:
You make it sound as if Sri Lanka is playing Sri Lanka. Almost all the shameless SL mercenaries got rejected :hehe: in this year's IPL auction, but they'll again put themselves up for sale in the next given opportunity :haha: And the SL fans themselves claim all the time that the SL players fix all their matches and lose intentionally. Whadda team! :clap: :clap: