ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

India need to play more international T20s Just glanced through our squad. Mohammed shami, Binny, Mohit Sharma and Varun Aaron have played a grand sum of 0 T20s for team India. Clearly one of these four is going to be picked alongside Bhuvi. Mostly its going to be Shami. We do have 2 warm up matches v Sri Lanka and England. But warms ups are nothing compared to the real thing. Dinesh Kartik can testify. In last seasons IPL Mohit Sharma played his first IPL season, Shami played 3 games and Varun Aaron was unfit and skipped them. Binny to be fair has had a couple of solid seasons for the royals.

Mohit is very likely to play as 3rd seamer if there is one. dhoni will accomodate sharma and leave out rahane or open with rahane and slot in sharma , might even compromise a bowler Should be Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Yuvi, Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja at 7, ashwin/Mishra at 8, then 3 seamers. As for lack of experience, dont worry. Get the basics right and we will do well. Need the yorkers and wickets to come. Hope shami turns up because he looks tired. Still, we have aaron, he should play in a practice game at least. Can be good if he gets that good channel coming.

They don't need to.....maintains the uniqueness of IPL....I mean if you want to watch Indian stars in T20 then IPL is the place to,go-makes perfect sense from a business point of view. But yes as an Indian fan I would like to see T20's in a full series along with tests and ODI's.

Mohit is very likely to play as 3rd seamer if there is one. dhoni will accomodate sharma and leave out rahane or open with rahane and slot in sharma , might even compromise a bowler Should be Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Yuvi, Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja at 7, ashwin/Mishra at 8, then 3 seamers. As for lack of experience, dont worry. Get the basics right and we will do well. Need the yorkers and wickets to come. Hope shami turns up because he looks tired. Still, we have aaron, he should play in a practice game at least. Can be good if he gets that good channel coming.
I think bowling in a t20 is different from an ODI. The pacers need to be a bit more defensive.
No Thank you. IPL is already there to make our bats picked bad habits.
I never get this point.....I mean a good cricketer will immediately adjust accordingly...I eman look at someone like Steyn-Fair enough that he is once in a life time cricketer but someone like Raina-Ipl has nothing todo with his technique-Imean give a bouncy pitch in an IPL game and unleash Johnson,he will still struggle. Yuvi struggled in tests even before IPL. The only guy we can make a case for is Vijay but apart from that I don't think IPL or T20 should effect other aspects of a player's game
I never get this point.....I mean a good cricketer will immediately adjust accordingly...I eman look at someone like Steyn-Fair enough that he is once in a life time cricketer but someone like Raina-Ipl has nothing todo with his technique-Imean give a bouncy pitch in an IPL game and unleash Johnson,he will still struggle. Yuvi struggled in tests even before IPL. The only guy we can make a case for is Vijay but apart from that I don't think IPL or T20 should effect other aspects of a player's game
The quality of IPL is low. Yes there are couple of good bowlers. Rohit is the prime example a hero in IPL and zero in Tests outside subcontinent. IPL creates technique problems for Bats and injuries for bowlers. How many pitches in India you will get bounce ? one or two may be.

Zimbabwe players agree World Twenty20 deal

Zimbabwe's professional cricketers' association have agreed to a payment structure put forward by ZC and will depart for the World T20 in Bangladesh tonight. After demanding that 25% of the World T20 revenue was set aside to guarantee salaries for the next 12 months, the players have accepted earnings of US$11,500 per player for the tournament, with bonuses of up to US$2,700 per second round match won, and are still negotiating a way to secure future wages. The deal was reached in the presence of Dave Richardson, the ICC CEO, who was in the country to mediate between the players and the board. Late last week the players threatened strike action if their financial security was not assured but have since agreed to play, pending further talks. "Players have been paid a lump sum towards the World Cup contract," ZPCA secretary-general, Eliah Zvimba, told Zimbabwe newspaper Herald. "The amount covers the appearance and match fees. The players have signed contracts and all is well now. We will continue negotiating for a percentage from the ICC revenues to secure salaries for players after the World Cup." The current tussle came weeks after a two-month player strike over non-payment of salaries was resolve

‘We wanted to maintain continuity ahead of World T20’ http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/we-wanted-to-maintain-continuity-ahead-of-world-t20/ Coach Duncan Fletcher is copping flak for India’s series of losses. From South Africa to New Zealand and the Asia Cup, it is a hat-trick of losses for the Indian side. For the team management, though, the alarm bells aren’t ringing. Despite the losses, the powers that be believe that the team building is on the right track and the self belief is not affected. The Indian cricketers left Dhaka in batches. As they checked out of the team hotel Thursday morning, they weren’t carrying the excess baggage of their early exit from the Asia Cup, if a source in the team management is to be believed. The management was criticised for not playing the likes of Cheteshwar Pujara, Ishwar Pandey and Varun Aaron in the dead rubber against Afghanistan and a team insider gives the reason. “We wanted to maintain continuity. It was not a case of playing the last match of the Asia Cup. It was about continuing with the process of preparing for the next tournament. We will be returning here (for the World T20) in just over a weeks’ time and we had to focus on a few things.†He elaborated: “Ajinkya Rahane is a part of the World T20 squad. He batted at No. 4 in the last few matches, but opening has been his natural position. So we sent him to open the innings (against Afghanistan) which allowed him to play his natural game. It also allowed us to have a look at the options available for the next tournament.†He went on: “Rohit Sharma is a player who could be used anywhere. Of late, he has been struggling a bit, opening the innings. But Rohit is an integral part of our combination and we decided to send him at No. 3 to allow him some batting practice in a different situation. Older ball and a spread-out field offer scopes for singles and twos, and we wanted Rohit to rotate the strike to get into his batting rhythm.†But what about bowling, especially the seamers? “Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar are still learning at this level — bowling upfront, bowling at the death. Also in these conditions, we always wanted all three spinners to play. Defeats haven’t demoralised the team management because there’s “significant progressâ€. “You’ve to put things in perspective. This is a transitional phase. Look at Australia and England. Team building doesn’t happen overnight. “Our Asia Cup team had only one player (Kohli) from the last World Cup. And this is not the final squad. There could be changes in the lead-up to the next World Cup. Results are not always important at this stage. We must take pride from the fact that the youngsters stood up to be counted and put the opponents under serious pressure. Some of them had their first overseas tours,†said the team source. Coach Duncan Fletcher is copping flak for India’s series of losses. But the news from the camp suggests that the Zimbabwean is not unduly perturbed because he has the respect of the players.

It probably makes sense with Rahane opening. I am sure even Rohit realised he was struggling and unlike the ODIs he has a good T20 record for country and franchise batting at 4 in t20s. I don't know why Pandey did not play. He is part of the Indian t20 side for the world cup