Just when you thought you had enough

CAPE TOWN, Jan 7: After the disappointing 2-1 Test series defeat to South Africa, more embarrassment seems to be in store for India as Cricket South Africa is planning to send a bill claiming recovery for the damages done by the tourists during celebrations of the Wanderers win in the dressing room. It is learnt that Gauteng Cricket Association (GCA), the host body, is moving their parent body CSA to seek compensation from the BCCI for the damages done by the players in the dressing room while celebrating their first Test win. As champagne was sprayed and cakes were thrown around with gay abandon, the visitors' dressing room at the Wanderers bore little resemblance to the tidy place that had been handed over to the team for the first Test from December 15-19. The "most damaged" part of the dressing room was the ceiling and the carpet which had "permanent stains" and could not be removed. Gauteng Board first tried to get things in order, but after the dry-cleaners and chemical experts threw their hands up in desperation they moved the CSA. The Indian dressing room was a sight to behold. As celebrations grew wilder and became uncontrollable, coach Greg Chappell and media manager Rajan Nair were drenched by the champagne and wine poured on them. Most overjoyed of the lot was Virender Sehwag, even as Sachin Tendulkar had cautioned that they might not again be welcomed in the dressing room for the mess they were causing to the place. It was not given any serious thought and Sehwag chirped: "Who knows when next we come to the Wanderers and if ever we would win here again." In case, the BCCI receives a bill claiming the loss of property in the dressing room, it remains to be seen whether the BCCI perceives it only as an extension of the win and gladly foots the bill or asks the players to cough up for the damages.

Re: Just when you thought you had enough I know it wasn't the best of things to do and even Lillee, Botham were asked to pay for the damages they caused in WACA dressing room I would think Saffies must have made enough money to face lift the dressing room. I can't see BCCI paying for this and given the recent results I won't be surprised if BCCI will ask Tendulkar and Sehwag to foot the bill :hic:

Re: Just when you thought you had enough Do these things normally come up, I can't believe the fact that other team leave their dressing room clean and tidy Especially when they have the mindset that India has cheap labour and many people to clean rooms What about the revenue they get when India plays against them? can't these guys shell some bucks for Housekeeping India should send these Saffies a bill for all the foul Lingo Nel used when he came to India

Re: Just when you thought you had enough

Do these things normally come up, I can't believe the fact that other team leave their dressing room clean and tidy Especially when they have the mindset that India has cheap labour and many people to clean rooms What about the revenue they get when India plays against them? can't these guys shell some bucks for Housekeeping India should send these Saffies a bill for all the foul Lingo Nel used when he came to India
Back in the 70s and 80s there were instances of physical and verbal abuse at stewards at Indian grounds by the overseas teams (Eng, Aus, NZ) when they had bad day at cricket. I have read it mentioned in some of the autobiogrpahies. If they do that now the players will be taken to the cleaners of course. They don't leave the Indian dressing rooms clean but you know the board mostly blame the stewards and cleaners for not cleaning up properly. I'm sure you know the drift. :lol: