Bhuvneshwar Kumar is nothing special

He pace slowed down once he changed his action due a back injury from side on to mixed and in that series' date=' you must have seen his crooked-thumb grip that got him swing but lead to loss of pace.[/quote'] Yup,Holding ,imran said that during the pak series that his grip was the reason for losing pace ,But actually it allowed him to cut the ball.I had tried bowling with that action and the ball swung. Holding said to hold the ball in the end of the fingers,I still remember.Then he went to wi and went to roberts who said change ur run up. He was lost but he worked to ta shekar and came back bowling faster than ever in the t20 wc and then in the odis against aus he touched 145km/h but then again injuries ,change of action have taken the toll.
Yup,Holding ,imran said that during the pak series that his grip was the reason for losing pace ,But actually it allowed him to cut the ball.I had tried bowling with that action and the ball swung. Holding said to hold the ball in the end of the fingers,I still remember.Then he went to wi and went to garner who said change ur run up. He was lost but he worked to ta shekar and came back bowling faster than ever in the t20 wc and then in the odis against aus he touched 145km/h but then again injuries ,change of action have taken the toll.
Pacers who take tips from too many past greats get confused and lose the original qualities which made them succeed. Good examples are Ishant and Pathan.
Yup,Holding ,imran said that during the pak series that his grip was the reason for losing pace ,But actually it allowed him to cut the ball.I had tried bowling with that action and the ball swung. Holding said to hold the ball in the end of the fingers,I still remember.Then he went to wi and went to roberts who said change ur run up. He was lost but he worked to ta shekar and came back bowling faster than ever in the t20 wc and then in the odis against aus he touched 145km/h but then again injuries ,change of action have taken the toll.
But you will lose pace and control with that grip.
But you will lose pace and control with that grip.
He never was a fast bowler like people hyped him in australia he bowled one ball at 143 to gilly. In india when a bowler does well he is quick.His strength was swing after he lost his swing he became half the bowler he was even with his increased pace.Same with ishant when he lost the movement even at 150ks he was not effective.
Shami is not going to take wickets like this every match that is when other pace bowler needs to contribute and BK will average 40 in India then it is not good enough. Shami and Umesh have shown that they can be impact bowlers at least in India. BK is just a good steady bowler.
But what's disappointing is dhoni is not bowling him with older ball, could have given 1 spell with reversing ball. If he is not given older ball how can we judge him ??
lol India wins by an innings ' date=' a young seamer takes wicket of the most dangerous opposition batsman twice, starting the slide and yet we have a wrist slitting thread!![/quote'] i defended him but there is room for improvement for sure or maybe jsut play 5 bowlers :dontknow:
another totally relevant comment to discussion :two_thumbs_up: uncle is high on friday again:two_thumbs_up:
Was just praising the fact that you defended (:hysterical:) poor BK ( :(( ) :dontknow: Anyway, ever since I am back on ICF: Rat -----> 3 :hysterical: :hysterical: Rohit ------> 386 :cantstop:

Look what Dhoni said in presentation and that is true for Indian pitches at least.

Shami was fantastic, he got the right length and that was the reason he got nine wickets. You need a bit of pace if you want to dominate, he has very good seam positioning which means he can reverse away from the right-handers too. On a wicket that has more bounce he can move the ball both ways.
Was just praising the fact that you defended (:hysterical:) poor BK ( :(( ) :dontknow: Anyway, ever since I am back on ICF: Rat -----> 3 :hysterical: :hysterical: Rohit ------> 386 :cantstop:
but ur jinx broke and you were denied entry in kolkata cos you are manhoos :finger::finger::finger::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
He never was a fast bowler like people hyped him in australia he bowled one ball at 143 to gilly. In india when a bowler does well he is quick.His strength was swing after he lost his swing he became half the bowler he was even with his increased pace.Same with ishant when he lost the movement even at 150ks he was not effective.
But he was bowling 120-125 at that time with that grip.
i defended him but there is room for improvement for sure or maybe jsut play 5 bowlers :dontknow:
Abe bachche ki jaan loge kya. As a bowling unit the side got opposition out for 234 and 159 on a slowish surface. Abhi kya sub -100 scores chahiye? Scope for improvement will always be there but not by rubbishing a talented youngster as the OP is doing.
Abe bachche ki jaan loge kya. As a bowling unit the side got opposition out for 234 and 159 on a slowish surface. Abhi kya sub -100 scores chahiye? Scope for improvement will always be there but not by rubbishing a talented youngster as the OP is doing.
Yeah. Sabby and the OP are after BK's life pointlessly. :headshake:
Remember, this is not a great batting line up. Shami got reverse here. Lets see what happens at Wankhede.
that is why i said i defended him.i do not want him to be dropped or anything but this guy has 0 wicket in test cricket after 15 overs and before this test he bowled 33 overs with older ball with no wicket and 40 something with new ball (inside 15 overs ) with which he got all the wickets so there is a problem and in long run either he will have to improve or we will need to play some one who can do job with older ball