Chanderpaul the most selfish batsman in cricket?

FischerTal

hey nice to see you back :) (and you proved me wrong about rohit ) he is talking about chanders exposing tail enders and taking singles of first ball
Thanks man ... And I'm glad to see Rohit in the test side too *fingers crossed he doesn't prove me wrong again now :(* In this case, I think it was justified. There were still 2 more days left (so draw was out of the equation) and West Indies were so far behind that the tailender would have needed to make a significant contribution runs wise. If it was 10 overs to go on day 5, then thats a different situation.
Thanks man ... And I'm glad to see Rohit in the test side too *fingers crossed he doesn't prove me wrong again now :(* In this case, I think it was justified. There were still 2 more days left (so draw was out of the equation) and West Indies were so far behind that the tailender would have needed to make a significant contribution runs wise. If it was 10 overs to go on day 5, then thats a different situation.
still man you gotta keep fighting even west indian number 11 denied him single on last ball so that he can take strike :cantstop:
still man you gotta keep fighting even west indian number 11 denied him single on last ball so that he can take strike :cantstop:
Yeah fair enough. There's a huge disparity between the standard of tailenders in Aus, Saf and Eng compared to some of the Asian countries and West Indies. If you look at Australia, they probably don't have a genuine tailender anymore.
Yeah fair enough. There's a huge disparity between the standard of tailenders in Aus' date=' Saf and Eng compared to some of the Asian countries and West Indies. If you look at Australia, they probably don't have a genuine tailender anymore.[/quote'] we have good tail..and since west indies are bad isn't it responsibility of batsmen to cover them ?
we have good tail..and since west indies are bad isn't it responsibility of batsmen to cover them ?
Yeah I agree with you about that. I just think it's tough to shield the tail for 2 days though. Thats a big ask on a batsman. I wouldn't say we have a good tail. In India we do, but historically overseas our tail hasn't really been able to defend solidly. I dont count Ashwin as part of the tail. So I'm referring to Bhuvi, Umesh and Shami (or previously Zaheer, Ishant and Umesh who weren't very good batsmen)
Yeah I agree with you about that. I just think it's tough to shield the tail for 2 days though. Thats a big ask on a batsman. I wouldn't say we have a good tail. In India we do, but historically overseas our tail hasn't really been able to defend solidly. I dont count Ashwin as part of the tail. So I'm referring to Bhuvi, Umesh and Shami (or previously Zaheer, Ishant and Umesh who weren't very good batsmen)
he has been doing this for long time and this thread is not just for this one match alone:winky: bhuvi is very good batsman for number 9 too..have u forgotten dhoni's 200? ishant can defend for long times like gillespie and zaheer before being lazy was a decent bat and yeah maybe umesh is genuine tailender
he has been doing this for long time and this thread is not just for this one match alone:winky: bhuvi is very good batsman for number 9 too..have u forgotten dhoni's 200? ishant can defend for long times like gillespie and zaheer before being lazy was a decent bat and yeah maybe umesh is genuine tailender
Yeah I know ... Thats why I was saying in this case, I think it was justified. Overall its a different story. Regarding our tail, I would like to see our tail bat well overseas before I would say they are a strong tail. If you compare our tail to say Mitchell Starc or Ashton Agar, I don't recall seeing an Indian tailender make that kind of a contribution away from home. At home is different.
Yeah I know ... Thats why I was saying in this case, I think it was justified. Overall its a different story. Regarding our tail, I would like to see our tail bat well overseas before I would say they are a strong tail. If you compare our tail to say Mitchell Starc or Ashton Agar, I don't recall seeing an Indian tailender make that kind of a contribution away from home. At home is different.
depends man the day agar and others score htose runs against pakistan or against us at home i will agree england is similar to australia in many ways same way i expect our tail to do well in sri lanka anyway since you do not count ashwin a tail i think you should not count agar tail too

Didn't Sachin do exactly the same in the 1st test vs SA in SA in 2010? Tail was exposed and we lost last 3 wickets in 3-4 overs? Don't think there's anything selfish about it With so much time left in the match, you cannot expect the senior batsman to protect the tail at all..have to ask them to take some responsibility

I get the feeling that Chanderpaul actually trusts his teammates. They used to farm the strike during the 90's for Australia where for example Greg Blewett will take most of the strike until Mark Waugh was set and from there but then under Steve Waugh he started to trust his teammates so they would get off strike and trust the tailenders.