Sachin Tendulkar ,and Professor CNR Rao awarded Bharat Ratna-PMO

now congress party will use him to the utmost for next year's elections...
Yep gets one I think they could have waited a year or two, no rush But elections coming up.....populaist move
Congress had to spoil it....cashing on the retirement.
all of us feels the same .
when he was nominated as MP many people said that he would be used by Congress for its campaigns - that never happened. AFAIK his name hasn't been used till now and I don't think giving him Bharat Ratna will help the congress at all because they haven't done him a big favor - he thoroughly deserved the honor and sooner or later he was most certainly going to get it. They won't get any political leverage out of it.

Bharat Ratan for Sachin Tendulkar !!! Sachin Tendulkar will be conferred with Bharat Ratna, according to a release issued by the Prime Minister's Office on Saturday. (Also read: Sachin's says best partnership is with wife Anjali | Sachin's teary-eyed goodbye | Sachin thanks pitch that made him) The legendary cricketer, who played his final innings in cricket today, at Wankhede, will be the first sportsperson to be honoured with the award. "I dedicate this to my mother," he reportedly said. Tendulkar is the seventh Maharashtrian to win Bharat Ratna after Dhondo Karve, Pandurang Kane, Vinoba Bhave, BR Ambedkar, Lata Mangeshkar and Bhimsen Joshi. The decision to honour Tendulkar comes after several noted personalities had voiced their support. Lata was the latest to say that Tendulkar deserved Bharat Ratna. "Whatever he (Sachin) has done for the country, very few people can. He deserves the honour. He has made all of us proud," Lata had told television channels on Friday. She herself had received the honour in 2001. Tendulkar bowed out of cricket today out as the most successful batsman in international cricket with 15,921 runs in 200 Tests. In his ODI career, which he needed last year, Tendulkar amassed 18,426 runs in 463 matches. Bharat Ratna is India's highest civilian award, conferred for performance of highest order in any field of human endeavour. The honour has been conferred on 41 people till date. The living recipients include former president APJ Abdul Kalam (1997) and economist Amartya Sen (1999). The only foreign recipient of the award was Nelson Mandela (1990). http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/sachin/news/217031-sachin-tendulkar-to-be-given-bharat-ratna-prime-ministers-office

Why do you guys need to spoil this by bringing politics into this? You all hate the congress' date=' we get it. However the retirement was the perfect occasion and Sachin thoroughly deserved it. If someone wants to gain mileage that's their problem[/quote'] :hatsoff: well said, we should be happy for the great man