Ten controversial statements against Tendulkar

http://sports.in.msn.com/gallery/photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=5467615#image=1 Which one do you think is below the belt? I can at least understand where the others are coming from and I do share some of those concerns, but Manju is out of line. Unless he has some information that we all know about, I cannot believe SRT would sit out citing an injury just to avoid facing the fire. (when you are sturggling, it is pretty normal to have lower self esteem; everyone is human).

The only two be quite honest that I can see credit in is Gilchrist's book which if you look at the doco done on Ponting. He was really pissed off about how CA ditched its players and believed Tendulkar who did the wrong thing And Azharuddin who has merit (even though he match-fixed) in talking about captaincy. Athers has a really good point, a lot of Tendulkar and current cricket fans really dismiss pre-70's cricket which is really unfair because you had several great legends. The playing when it doesn't count is a stupid one because several players have their moments where they fail and it goes noticed but the moments that they won/saved a game barely get recognition. Really unfair to hold Tendulkar or any player like that unless it is Marcus North.

No way is Buchana's or Atherton's statement "controversial". Most contoversial one for me was Kapil and Imran's statements.
yup.manjrekar`s was a foolish comment.imran khan and kapil dev are just going gaga over match winning knocks.tendulkar has played many many match winning knocks and averages above 45 in most countries away from home,kisi mai ke laal ki baski na hai!! chappel just maks a fool of himself with such OTT comments and most often get pwned

Manju as usual made an idiotic comment. Buchanan's comment about T20 was quite valid. Gilchrist's was the "your word against mine" kind. Thackeray was pissed about something totally unrelated to cricket. Others are personal opinions of analysts to which they are entitled to. Sure, they ended up being proven spectacularly wrong , especially Chappel. Also they missed out Moin (I think?) who made a statement after the 2006 series.

Manju as usual made an idiotic comment. Buchanan's comment about T20 was quite valid. Gilchrist's was the "your word against mine" kind. Thackeray was pissed about something totally unrelated to cricket. Others are personal opinions of analysts to which they are entitled to. Sure, they ended up being proven spectacularly wrong , especially Chappel. Also they missed out Moin (I think?) who made a statement after the 2006 series.
Endulkar right? I could never like him for that. That was totally below the belt

End-ulkar was a term coined by the Wankhede crowd 2006 vs England Test match IIRC, same crowd which booed him. Here's the relevant excerpt from the Moin Khan article. Beginning of the end for Tendulkar? - Moin Khan

The Faisalabad Test will go down in the annals of history as another run-feast. But as I see the game, I fear this may just be the beginning of the end of Sachin Tendulkar, the man we all respect, adore and love because of his tremendous natural talent and humble attitude. The more I look back at his dismissal, the more convinced I get that the downhill journey for the little champion has started because it has been established that, according to the laws of the game, he was not out as the ball had made contact with the right glove that was not in play. What is even more mindblowing is that he did not look at the umpire and immediately started his long walk towards the pavilion. I am not willing to buy the theory that Sachin did not know the laws of the game. If Michael Kasprowicz knows them, then I am sure that after playing for 16 years at the highest level and having led his country for a couple of years, Sachin knows all the rules by heart. Then what prompted Sachin to leave the pitch on which six centuries and two 90s were scored? Hostile bowling by Shoaib Akhtar, or the tension-filled dressing room atmosphere that often gets on the nerves of the batsmen who start feeling suffocated? Whatever may be the real reason, the fact of the matter is that Shoaib Akhtar literally exposed Sachin's present-day ability against quality fast bowling during a spell that will certainly be remembered for long. Even on a dead track, Shoaib was charging in at Sachin, bending his back and putting all his energy into his deliveries. One could see those terrifying, hungry and wild looks in the eyes of Shoaib when he reached Sachin at handshaking distance on his follow-through. As a wicketkeeper, Sachin's controversial dismissal also reminded me of a few batsmen who preferred walking off the pitch on their legs rather than being carried away on stretchers when the great Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis were at their brilliant best. I wish I am wrong in my assessment of Sachin, but, at least, that is the impression he has left after his Faisalabad outing. Maybe when he takes an emotional walk in the National Stadium in Karachi, the desire of continuing for a few more years with distinction and merit will be re-ignited. But for the moment, the Sachin I saw batting at Faisalabad was certainly a shadow of the Sachin who courageously faced and ruthlessly punished the greatest bowlers of the past decade.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2006/jan/27moin.htm

I don't think any of these comments would have bothered Sachin in the least. Criticism by analysts is part and parcel of the game - every great has faced that. Who better than to know this, than Sachin who spent all his adult life and most of his teenage being under public scrutiny. If there is an incident which would would have hurt him, it had to be the booing at Wankhede in 2006.

I don't think any of these comments would have bothered Sachin in the least. Criticism by analysts is part and parcel of the game - every great has faced that. Who better than to know this, than Sachin who spent all his adult life and most of his teenage being under public scrutiny. If there is an incident which would would have hurt him, it had to be the booing at Wankhede in 2006.
I wonder how he felt. Mumbai crowd lost a lot of respect from me JUST for that. And no, its not "tough love".

Personally, I feel Tendulkar wouldn't really have cared about the Wankhede crowd's reaction. It was a section of a boorish crowd and he never really took it seriously, by his own admission. I do feel however that Tendulkar was hurt by Manjrekar's comments (particularly the injury feigning part). The context is very important - Tendulkar and Manjrekar were very good friends on/off the field right since he started playing cricket. IIRC, Manjrekar was even his captain at the Munbai Ranji team.

Manjrekar always had this jealousy. Never wasted an occassion to deride Tendulkar. Still remember his "elephant in the room" remark during the CB series 08 league phase' date=' but had to eat his words when Tendulkar took India home with consecutive sterling innings in the finals.[/quote'] Agree. Even now the way he pimps Mukul Kesavan's senseless articles on his twitter shows the bitterness.