ODI/World Cup Selection

Lets look at the situation and come up with a good team before the selectors do it on 12th:-) Batsmen who cannot be replaced at this point: Rahul Dravid (we cannot change the captian at this stage with worldcup nearing in 60 days or so) Sachin Tendulkar(It is unimaginable to see Tendulkar dropped) Dhoni(he remains the number one keeper in ODI) Batsmen in form: Gangully Yuvraj Singh (if herecovers) Dinesh Karthick Robin Uthappa (excellent run in Ranji trophy) Robin Sharma (performed well in Ranji) Gautham Gambir(performed at the only match he played at SA) VVS Laxman(maybe considered if Yuvaraj is not fit) Batsmen out of form: Schewag Kaif Dinesh Mongia Pathan Bowlers in form: Sreesanth Zaheer Khan Kumble Harbajan Singh Munaf Patel (injured for warm up games) Bowlers out of form: VRV Singh Agarkar New Bowlers Ishant Sharma Joginder Sharma Piyush Chawla All rounders: we'll have to pick from the above list... It will be interesting to see what the selectors come up as final eleven

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection Joginder might be the wildcard - seeing as how he is in the reckoning for the upcoming ODI series vs WI. I can't imagine new cricketers (ie; Ishant, Rohit Sharma, etc.) getting debuts in a World Cup - they will definitely go with the tried and tested. We will have to wait and see - the home ODI series vs WI will give us a good indication of the squad which will be going to the Caribbean. Sehwag, Kaif, Mongia, and Pathan will all be in that final 23 man squad - regardless of how they may do in the leadup to the World Cup. That's just a hunch i have. Raina in current form - is the only one who won't make the cut.

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection

Joginder might be the wildcard - seeing as how he is in the reckoning for the upcoming ODI series vs WI. I can't imagine new cricketers (ie; Ishant, Rohit Sharma, etc.) getting debuts in a World Cup - they will definitely go with the tried and tested. We will have to wait and see - the home ODI series vs WI will give us a good indication of the squad which will be going to the Caribbean. Sehwag, Kaif, Mongia, and Pathan will all be in that final 23 man squad - regardless of how they may do in the leadup to the World Cup. That's just a hunch i have. Raina in current form - is the only one who won't make the cut.
Robin Uthappa as opener and Rohit sharma as an allrounder should be tried out during the warm up games. With Kaif/Schewag/Pathan showing this much inconsistency we have to think about the bench strength. I would think Gambir would be asked to open in Schewags place atleast for couple of ODIs It would have been good to see Uthappa. He is agressive to make use of power plays.

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection Robin Uttapa over Laxman....You Guys are insane man. He might score runs in the domestic circuit, but comeon dont count out Laxman experience. Has Utappha ever played in the West Indies, No....Laxman has been quite successful over there.

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection

Robin Uttapa over Laxman....You Guys are insane man. He might score runs in the domestic circuit' date=' but comeon dont count out Laxman experience. Has Utappha ever played in the West Indies, No....Laxman has been quite successful over there.[/quote'] Did laxman play in the west indies before he played in the west indies?

Jan 12th Selection pool Will this be Jan 12th Selection pool? Openers: 1. Tendulkar/Gambir 2. Schewag/Uthappa Middle Order: 3. Dravid, 4. Yuvraj(available later part of ODI)/ Gangully/Laxman, 5. Dhoni/Dinesh Karthik, 6.Kaif/Dinesh Mongia, 7. Raina/Pathan/Rohit Sharma, Tailenders: 8. Agarkar 9. Harbajan/Kumble, 10. Sreesanth, 11. Munaf/VRV Singh/Joginder Singh/Ishant Sharma

Re: Jan 12th Selection pool Greg chappell in his interview to Mumbai mirror says Schewag will play in the middle Openers: 1. Tendulkar/Gangully 2. Wasim Jaffer/Gambir/Uthappa Middle Order: 3. Dravid, 4. Yuvraj(available later part of ODI)/Suresh Raina/Laxman, 6. Schewag/Kaif/Dinesh Mongia, 5. Dhoni/Dinesh Karthik, 7. Pathan/Rohit Sharma, Tailenders: 8. Agarkar/Zaheer Khan 9. Harbajan/Kumble, 10. Sreesanth, 11. Munaf/VRV Singh/Joginder Singh/Ishant Sharma

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection 1. Ganguly 2. Tendulkar 3. Uthappa 4. Sehwag 5. Dravid 6. Karthik 7. Pathan 8. Dhoni 9. Harbhajan 10. Zaheer 11. Sreesanth 12 Kumble 13 Raina 14 Gambhir 15 Joginder Singh this shud be the 15 man squad agaisnt Westindians

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection no experiments Anakin havent u seen what experiements has done? the world cup isnt a place groom youngsters we need to WIN, no bringing in batsmen who have no experience at such a big stage. thats y Laxman should be in the team sure he messed up in the last test but his running was awesome througout and his fielding has improved quite outstandingly, he(Laxman) has been in some really big encounters in the past. I dont think Raina/Mongia/Utappa would be capable enough yet to score a hundred like he did against Pakistan in Lahore which sealed the series and let India claim it. I dont noe y that doesnt get in to people heads we cant nurture youngsters right now, its a good sign that theyre doing well in Domestic crickets its a whole different ball game none of these young playersyou talk about have played outside of India or faced attacks that could be devastating. So your thinking must be questioned and i hope that the selectors stick with their selection based on experience which would enable Laxman and Ganguly to come back into the one day squad.

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection 1. Sachin Tendulkar 2. Sourav Ganguly 3. VVS Laxman 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Yuvraj Singh 6. Irfan Pathan 7. MS Dhoni 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Anil Kumble 10. Sreesanth 11. Zaheer Khan 12. Virender Sehwag 13. Munaf Patel 14. Dinesh Karthik/Dinesh Mongia 15. Robin Uttapha/Mohammad Kaif I seriously dont see a reason for a second wicket keeper, i know karthik can play a role of batsmen BUT hes still a wicket keeper but hes just going to be a bench warmer due to the fact Dhoni will play all the matches, Karthik shouldnt take a another a batsmens spot. Robin Uttapha has been tested out, but he might get a call but i dont favor it. Kaif has got too many opportunities but i dont whats going to happen. I would insert Laxman at number 3 seeing that hes been very successful at that position and he can stabilize an innings if the openers fall early. Pathan would be in playing 11 anyday anytime for a one day match hes an awesome player whenever he doesnt bowl well he will always substitute by batting and that too me is necessary.

Re: ODI/World Cup Selection Laxman not be fluent on pitches in West Indies, Hes tall wristy player and its a one day game so he will for sure play more shots, about him being fluent which player played a pull shot in the whole series in South Africa besides Laxman? are you out of your mind when you say that. He was the only one who looked comfortable during the whole series.