Sachin Tendulkar-Vinod Kambli rift ..What is the main reason ?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sachin-tendulkar-vinod-kambli-friendship-shardashram-team-sach-ka-saamna/1/325965.html Sachin Tendulkar averaging 53.78 in test cricket fell narrowly short of Vinod Kambli's test average of 54.20. Sachin's career of course spread over a staggering 200 tests while Kambli lasted 17 test matches. Common friends of both Shardashram team mates say Vinod's hurt stems from this reality. Vinod disagrees and says its Sachin who has cut off the friendship. From the time Vinod Kambli spoke out in a reality show Sach ka saamna 7 years ago saying Sachin has not done enough for him things have not been the same between the two. Vinod chooses to bring the split in friendship out in the open again expressing hurt on not being invited to Sachin's post retirement bash. "I am deeply hurt. I was expecting my name to be part of his farewell speech. If anything for our famous partnership. Its that world record partnership that was the turning point of our careers. That's when everyone came to know who is Vinod and Sachin. I had a hand in that and our careers started from there. I thought he could have mentioned that part at least. The other shocking part was all his team mates, friends and family were invited to party after retirement and I was not invited. My family and I were upset, sad and disturbed. I have been part of Sachin's life from being 10 years old, off the field as well. We have shared lot of good and bad times. I have always been there for him. All I can say that he has forgotten me," he opens up speaking to Headlines Today. Sources close to both say Vinod and Sachin never became family friends. They were just very very good friends in school. And that friendship was tested several times as both became India team mates. Sachin became a superstar playing two years of international cricket and although Vinod had a dream start to his own India career with back to back double centuries in his first seven tests, once he lost his place he could never reclaim the form of old and could not succeed in his many international comebacks. "When I needed him the most he was not there that's why I said it in the show. If you looked at the facts I don't know why I was dropped from Indian side," Kambli accuses Sachin again for not doing enough for him. Sachin Tendulkar From the time Vinod Kambli spoke out in a reality show Sach ka saamna 7 years ago saying Sachin has not done enough for him things have not been the same between the two. Two years elder to Sachin, Vinod had famously gifted his school friend 30 vada pavs on his 30th birthday a gift he had graciously accepted then. But since his public outburst Sachin despite maintaining stony silence has shut himself off the friendship completely. "You will be shocked to know when I had a child he did not come to see my child that's what our friendship has come to," he complains. "I have tried SMSing him and would get cold reply, thanks. I can say he has stopped talking, not me," he adds. Its easy to be dismissive of Kambli's outburst. His life and career graph have taken many down turns. But it would be interesting to dwell into the other mind as well. Whether Sachin actually feels hurt that things had to come to this. Sachin was 14 when they hit the record Harris shield record 664 run partnership while Vinod was 16. Those were the days when he spent greater time of the day together with Kambli than with family, toiling in the maidans, sharing the kind of jokes he may not have been able to with anyone else, eating from the same plates. Childhood friendships die hard. "Our friendship was like a mirror. We have played partied together. If he calls me up I will be there standing next to him. Time is a great healer. We have come a long way from boy to man with different responsibilities," he expresses hope. Only to add, "There are so many people around him who may be putting bad things about me in his mind. He has stopped talking. If he calls me I will be there." Perhaps the mistrust is too deep. Vinod says Sachin has hurt him. Unfortunately Sachin may be feeling the same. Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sachin-tendulkar-vinod-kambli-friendship-shardashram-team-sach-ka-saamna/1/325965.html
I am deeply hurt. I was expecting my name to be part of his farewell speech. If anything for our famous partnership. Its that world record partnership that was the turning point of our careers. That's when everyone came to know who is Vinod and Sachin. I had a hand in that and our careers started from there. I thought he could have mentioned that part at least.
What a pr!ck !! Least he could have done was come and watch the game.
Sachin did thank his friends though he didn't take any names.
The fact that he did not invite him among the 450 invitees for his farewell bash and has not spoken in last 7 years to him is proof enough that he does not consider his erstwhile chaddi-buddy to be a "friend " :potstir: Also , although the article mentions that Vinod kambli mentioned in "Sach ka Saamna " that Sachin could have did not do enough , it was not 7 years old ..Sach ka Saamna aired in 2009 , just 4 years back whereas Sachin has not spoken to Kambli for last 7 years nor visited him/congratulated for the birth of his child . Also , to set the record right, Kambli did not spoke out in Sach ka sammna but was subjected to a lie detector with the question " Do you think Sachin could have done more to prolong his career -he played last test in 1994-95 and last ODI in 2000 over numerous failed comebacks - the lie detector shhowed that he believes Sachin could have done more ". Anyway , it's sad for an ordinary fan to see both of them grew apart when they were inseparable in their early days of India careers in 1991-1996

Well kambli is an idiot and using his friendship with sachin for money in sach ka samna was not good. I see sachin had a name vinod in the list who was this vinod.Also Why kambli was not picked for tests ,if he was in mordern era surely kambli would have got more chances,the guy averaged 54 in tests and 60 at fc.Surely picking him for tests instead of odis was the way to go.But really those times are so clouded by match fixing.

Well kambli is an idiot and using his friendship with sachin for money in sach ka samna was not good. I see sachin had a name vinod in the list who was this vinod.Also Why kambli was not picked for tests ' date=if he was in mordern era surely kambli would have got moire chances.
That's his manager, Vinod Nayudu. It's funny when Sachin's detractors used to blame him for giving Kambli a lot of chances when Sachin captained India, and this guy claims Sachin has not done enough for him.
Well kambli is an idiot and using his friendship with sachin for money in sach ka samna was not good. I see sachin had a name vinod in the list who was this vinod.Also Why kambli was not picked for tests ' date=if he was in mordern era surely kambli would have got more chances.
It was more to do with non-cricketing reasons .He was averaging in the 80's with two double-hundred against England in the home series in 1993 and for a while , it looked he overshadowed him in 1993 .It was in 1994 series against WI when Curtly Ambrose,Courtney Walsh and other WI quicks exposed his problems against balls aimed at the rib-cage and he got promptly dropped even though his average came down from 80's to 54.80 .Mind you , most of the Indian batsmen failed and if I recall , series was drawn 1-1 but it was Kambli who paid for the same as his problems were most glaring .I would say , he would have been atleast a 10000 Test run scorer batsman if He was given a chance back . Even Ponting had a series of drunken brawls earlier in his career but he got the guidance /mentoring to make a come back and become a modern great whereas in case of Kambli ,he never got that mentorship . Thereafter , he got dropped from ODI's after 1996 world-cup although he did reasonably well in the same . with Dravid and Ganguli emerging in the 1996 England tour , he never got any opening back in the test side though he kept on scoring runs in domestics and also had a stint in South Africa in 2002-2003 as overseas professional for Boland province . He got sporadic chances in ODI side at no.5/no. 6 although he always preferred no.3 slot and through combination of bad luck /inconsistency , he could never nail the spot as he was competing with Dravid/Ganguli /Azhar/Sachin for a middle-order spot with RobinSingh as the all-rounder.:scooter:

i honestly dont know the truth,sachin is a great man and has huge credibility than kambli but that doesn't mean we rubbish kambli's claims easily though he is talking some non sense from years.. if sach wants to speak on this matter,we might only know the truth then

Kambli got enough chances but he couldnt deliver. He had problems against short ball and playing away from the body, similar to Raina. He had talent like Sachin but Sachin converted that into performances with hard work, discipline and determination. Kambli was indisciplined and was not hungry enough to do well in international cricket and couldnt correct his mistakes.

Kambli got enough chances but he couldnt deliver. He had problems against short ball and playing away from the body' date=' similar to Raina. He had talent like Sachin but Sachin converted that into performances with hard work, discipline and determination. Kambli was indisciplined and was not hungry enough to do well in international cricket and couldnt correct his mistakes.[/quote'] I agree ..but I think if he could have got the chances back in TESTS , not ODI's at no.5/no.6 when he was coming in mostly to hit out which was never his game , he would have been an ATG and atleast a 10000 Test runs player ..I agree on the drunken ness and indiscipline bit during 1995-1996 when he could not handle his huge success but if there was good mentorship and couseling available to him like Ponting , he would have been a magnificent ATG player for India ..even Steve Waugh and Michael Bevan had problems against the short ball but they found a way to deal with it and I think he could have done the same ..Midn you , he played as overseas professional in South Africa for Boland province in 2002-2003 , something no Indian player has attempted, and as far I recall , he was a success in that stint .

Thing is that however intense your friendships, people move on because life takes them to different places. It is neither good nor bad, it simply is. Over the years some friendships lose their intensity and others lapse. You have either grown to be different people, or the context has changed. For example many friendships happen simply because you were in college together. When the context changes, for example as you start work or go abroad for higher studies, friendships dissolve or just stagnate. That's life. Kambli's problem is that he is the one who has been 'left behind' in the friendship, SRT has moved on while he hasn't.

He got two double hundreds against slightly below average attacks, was found out by WI quicks and was rightly dropped.... he should have worked on it and come back, what was Tendu going to do, keep playing him when he was not performing.... I remember he selected him for a tour and kambli stepped on the ball and injured himself.... this guy is a tool, he even accused wadekar of fixing, fought elections and lost.... no one would be discussing him but for sachin..

He got two double hundreds against slightly below average attacks' date=' was found out by WI quicks and was rightly dropped.... he should have worked on it and come back, what was Tendu going to do, keep playing him when he was not performing.... I remember he selected him for a tour and kambli stepped on the ball and injured himself.... this guy is a tool,[b'] he even accused wadekar of fixing, fought elections and lost.... no one would be discussing him but for sachin..
Actually wadekar was a fixer.:giggle:
It was more to do with non-cricketing reasons .He was averaging in the 80's with two double-hundred against England in the home series in 1993 and for a while ' date=' it looked he overshadowed him in 1993 .It was in 1994 series against WI when Curtly Ambrose,Courtney Walsh and other WI quicks exposed his problems against balls aimed at the rib-cage and he got promptly dropped even though his average came down from 80's to 54.80 .Mind you , most of the Indian batsmen failed and if I recall , series was drawn 1-1 but it was Kambli who paid for the same as his problems were most glaring .[b']I would say , he would have been atleast a 10000 Test run scorer batsman if He was given a chance back . Even Ponting had a series of drunken brawls earlier in his career but he got the guidance /mentoring to make a come back and become a modern great whereas in case of Kambli ,he never got that mentorship . Thereafter , he got dropped from ODI's after 1996 world-cup although he did reasonably well in the same . with Dravid and Ganguli emerging in the 1996 England tour , he never got any opening back in the test side though he kept on scoring runs in domestics and also had a stint in South Africa in 2002-2003 as overseas professional for Boland province . He got sporadic chances in ODI side at no.5/no. 6 although he always preferred no.3 slot and through combination of bad luck /inconsistency , he could never nail the spot as he was competing with Dravid/Ganguli /Azhar/Sachin for a middle-order spot with RobinSingh as the all-rounder.:scooter:
true to certain extent kambli used to get drunk and misbehaved on a couple of occasions with air hostesses and in the hotel rooms with other team mates. the BCCI wanted to teach him a lesson on the first occasion that he was dropped... but he became lazy after that kambli also was treated like a rag doll by ambrose and co. they completely exposed his technique against quality fast bowling. he did not improve on his faults