Atp 2014

Cricketics

Guys new season and Australian Open is coming around, so we will have series of Atp tournaments before that and post that. Let me start by sharing some good news about our Indian player. Yuki Bhambri, India's best singles player after Somdev has made it to the doubles draw of Australian Open, for the first time. He will partner with Michael Venus of New Zealnd. Yuki, however maintained that his first priority is Singles and there is no surprise that he is in contention of making it to the main draw of Austrlaian open Singles event too. He has won his first 2 rounds in the wild card for Australian Open tournament in China. He needs to win 2 more rounds to book his place for Australian Open. Guys, I hope you support and keep eye on this guy. He is definitely our future in Singles. Even though he made it to doubles, he does maintain always that his first priority is always singles. Let's go Yuki.

2014 - Looks like it will be another year of Novak vs Rafa. I still think this will be Rafa's last year contesting for Slams because of his style of play and by the end of the year his age. Novak might have 18-24 months if the youngsters don't improve drastically. As for teh Aus Open, Novak has been dominant on this surface, but I think it's more to do with how fresh he is. It being the start of the year and still the best part of 8 weeks away, too early to call. But one thing is for sure, te greatest rivalry in sport (in my opinion) between Nadal and Djokovic could be taken to a new height altogether. If there's one thing I want more than anything else in 2014, it's for Novak to beat Rafa in the RG final. I'm sick of seeing buttpicker win there with his constant moonballing.

Guys new season and Australian Open is coming around, so we will have series of Atp tournaments before that and post that. Let me start by sharing some good news about our Indian player. Yuki Bhambri, India's best singles player after Somdev has made it to the doubles draw of Australian Open, for the first time. He will partner with Michael Venus of New Zealnd. Yuki, however maintained that his first priority is Singles and there is no surprise that he is in contention of making it to the main draw of Austrlaian open Singles event too. He has won his first 2 rounds in the wild card for Australian Open tournament in China. He needs to win 2 more rounds to book his place for Australian Open. Guys, I hope you support and keep eye on this guy. He is definitely our future in Singles. Even though he made it to doubles, he does maintain always that his first priority is always singles. Let's go Yuki.
:(( This news is equivalent to an Indian emerging pacer going to Venkatesh Prasad for advice on fast bowling.

It is actually. I have seen him withdraw from Doubles finals to concentrate on his singles final in the same event so that he doesn't tire or worsen his injury. It's just that here was an opportunity to avail to make it to Australian open and he made it through since he was good enough. I am glad he will be on Australian open tour. Just being there among all the top players will bring best out of him. He will be playing lots of singles event and will be soon not needing wild cards for the touranaments to enter as a single player since his ranking is drastically improving. By end of 2014, I can bet you that he will be in top 80

Some big news at the moment. Novak Djokovic has hired Boris Becker. Me thinks it was required because he kept losing in big matches, but not sure how it will turn out. Hope that makes sense, he needed a new or an additional coach which he's got here, cause he can't have abnother year with 1 Slam, he's too good for that.

Some big news at the moment. Novak Djokovic has hired Boris Becker. Me thinks it was required because he kept losing in big matches, but not sure how it will turn out. Hope that makes sense, he needed a new or an additional coach which he's got here, cause he can't have abnother year with 1 Slam, he's too good for that.
Weird!

There are rumors that Federer is going to take help of Stephen Edberg. If that happens and with Lendl already with Murray we would see late 80's being played out in early 10's.

There are rumors that Federer is going to take help of Stephen Edberg. If that happens and with Lendl already with Murray we would see late 80's being played out in early 10's.
Those aren't rumours, they're true. Fed has been doing off season training in UAE I believe and Edberg is definitely with him. But Edberg won't be travelling with Roger at Slams, nothing about that has been confirmed. But the Becker hiring for Novak is just WOW, totally did not see that coming.

Prima donna coaches never work....Djokovic must have a lot of spare money on his hands obviously
£50million in prize money. Probably the same in sponshorship through his career, it's fair to say that I don't think he cares about money nor does Boris Becker. Only one thing has driven this move and that is the will to win more slams and particularly the ones he missed out on in recent years.

Those aren't rumours, they're true. Fed has been doing off season training in UAE I believe and Edberg is definitely with him. But Edberg won't be travelling with Roger at Slams, nothing about that has been confirmed. But the Becker hiring for Novak is just WOW, totally did not see that coming.
Would be bad move from Edberg. It is too late in Federer's career to improve now. Edberg would end up being useless.

Edberg joins Federers coaching team officially. Interesting move, what can he add to Feds game? Will it be to help him mentally...? Edberg was a fine serve and volleyer and great one handed backhand, so in that sense not a huge deal new that he can add to Feds game. I would have thought someone like Agassi would have been great for Fed, maybe revamp his backhand - though I know its too late in Feds career for that.