India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

:yay: Way to go BCCI!
What are you so proud about? If anything I am ashamed that my country's cricket board is represented by Srinivasan, Pawar and the rest of these people. The extent of this bullying is sickening and then we wonder why India is the most hated cricket team on the planet.

BCCI Working Committee meet: India's tour of South Africa to be curtailed?

Kolkata: The itinerary for the upcoming tour of South Africa and a disciplinary panel report on sacked IPL chief Lalit Modi are among the issues that would dominate discussions when the BCCI's working committee meets here on Sunday. The BCCI is keen on playing two Tests, five ODIs and two Twenty20 Internationals during the series beginning November, while Cricket South Africa had announced the schedule with three Tests, seven ODIs and two T20Is. "We have not taken any final call on the tour as yet, hopefully we will send an alternative itinerary over to CSA after tomorrow's meeting," BCCI's acting President Dalmiya said. There is also a section in the BCCI which wants to curtail the series to protest the appointment of former ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat as the CSA's CEO. The Working Committee is also likely to discuss the findings of a Disciplinary Committee comprising Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arun Jaitley, who were appointed to investigate charges of financial bunglings against Modi. An exhaustive report of about 500 pages had been earlier submitted but it is unlikely that interim president Dalmiya would take a decision on Modi in tomorrow's meeting. There is also speculation that the two-member internal probe panel, comprising former judges T Jayaram Chouta and R Balasubramanian, has also submitted its report on the IPL spot-fixing scandal. The committee, according to some media reports, has cleared sidelined BCCI chief N Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan of betting charges but no BCCI official was willing to speak on the issue. But both Dalmiya and BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel have denied receiving the report. "We have not received any report... I've absolutely no idea about it," Dalmiya told PTI. But insiders claim that the report was submitted on Thursday and the verdict would be read out absolving Meiyappan of the charges of betting in the last edition of the Indian Premier League. A verdict in favour of Meiyappan would pave the way for Srinivasan into the BCCI as he had stepped aside from his post of president after Mumbai Police had levelled charges against his son-in-law in the spot-fixing and betting scandal. Srinivasan's return would also mean that he will be technically eligible to contest in the Board's elections in September. Srinivasan, however, would not attend the meeting tomorrow and Kasi Viswanathan would represent the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association. Among other things, there's likely to be a debate over the Board's move to cap the age limit for domestic-level match referees at 60 as that would mean that BCCI would lose out on some prominent names like Kalyan Sunderam, B Raghunath, Raju Mukherjee and Balbir Singh, who have all crossed the age limit. Former India captain and leg spinner Anil Kumble, now the president of the Karnataka Cricket Association, may raise the issue in the working committee as no such cap had been placed by even the ICC.
Source: http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/211462-south-africa-tour-itinerary-lalit-modi-up-for-discussion-at-bcci-working-committee-meet :hysterical::hysterical:
What are you so proud about? If anything I am ashamed that my country's cricket board is represented by Srinivasan' date=' Pawar and the rest of these people. The extent of this bullying is sickening and then we wonder why India is the most hated cricket team on the planet.[/quote'] sad state of affairs in our sports :((
What the?? 2 tests - yeah lets play belgaum vs. nagpur and see who hits a 30 off 20 or ooohhh maybe will get to see dan christian in action saakshat mein :pray:
:hysterical: good one. @cowboy fully agree. We have slow starters and 3 tests would be ideal

SA tour will set the standards for this Indian team: Kohli http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/58774/sa-tour-will-set-the-standards-for-this-indian-team-kohli Amid the cloud of uncertainty that hovers over India's tour of South Africa, batting mainstay Virat Kohli on Tuesday said the upcoming rubber is important as it will "set the standards for this young" national cricket team. BCCI and Cricket South Africa have been at loggerheads since the latter appointed Haroon Lorgat as its CEO. Lorgat's differences with the BCCI were well known since the time the South African was the CEO of the ICC when he locked horns with the Indian board president Srinivasan on a number of issues, including the use of the controversial Decision Review System. "South Africa tour is something we are looking forward to. The tour will set the standards of this team, we have got a young team. We are hoping to get a few games there, I can't say more than that," Kohli said. Though a consensus is still awaited on the much-awaited tour, an optimistic Kohli said the team "should be well prepared". The 24-year-old batting star, who has already amassed over 4500 runs in ODIs and is seen as India's future captain, said he was looking forward to a good start to the season, which will kick off with the seven-match ODIs series against Australia. "We are excited and hope to have a good start to the season. Australia has always been a strong side and we can't take them lightly (whether they are with or without regular skipper Michael Clarke or not)," he said during a promotional event for Herbalife, a company that sells nutrition weight management and skin care products. As far as Yuvraj Singh's comeback to the side was concerned, Kohli said, "I never had any doubt that Yuvraj would come back to the national team. He has always been a great player. I am really happy for him but more than that, what I liked most was that he had gone to France for (fitness) training. I am glad that he has done that, he had no contact with others, and you will see that on the field." Kohli said he was looking forward to be a part of Sachin Tendulkar's 200th Test match. "Sachin has achieved one success after another. There can be no bigger achievement than playing in the 200th Test. We all are looking forward to that." Kohli, who walked into the press conference one and half hour late due to an occasion at home, said he has proved with his performances on the field that he is not all about "funky clothes". "They thought that I am brash as I have tattoos and used gel. But people didn't see my potential. I have worked hard and over a period of time, by doing some serious on-field stuff, have proved that I am not all about funky clothes".