Sign in to follow this  
Chandan

India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

Last ODI in WI is on 27th November and then were playing in SA about a week later. At least there is just about time for one warm up match prior to tests- frankly we should have two 3 day matches. We did the same in England played a 2 day game and got our asses handed back to us. Hopefully well have time for a couple weeks rest at home before heading off to NZ The ODI squad to face WI will be I hope mostly second string, no senior test players should feature.

The ODI squad to face WI will be I hope mostly second string, no senior test players should feature.
I dont know who are senior test batsmen is in our squad now assuming veeru, gauti and srt will not be part of the team there.. :cantstop:

India will just like Australia, Pakistan, New Zealand and West Indies get out for less than 100 in Newlands....Oh Wait. Why no Newlands. I guess the curators will be preparing lush green tops where Philander is absolutely god damn awesome to watch.

India scared of losing to South Africa - Fanie De Villers Fanie de Villiers was never known for his great public oratory but since the India-South Africa fracas started, the former South Africa pacer has been very vocal on the topic. He thinks the crux of the whole matter is that India are afraid of playing a longer series against his country. "Indian cricket is scared of playing four Tests against us," he tells Mirror in an exclusive conversation. "You would probably lose all the four matches in a row. You've used politics to shorten the tour." He doesn't stop there. "We're the world No 1 team and the BCCI is aware of our prowess at home. It is using the Haroon Lorgat issue as an excuse. The truth is India are afraid that South Africa are going to beat them hands down." A commentator and television pundit, de Villiers says the shortened tour, decided by the two boards after protracted deliberations, will hamper the development programme undertaken by Cricket South Africa (CSA). He blames India for that. "South Africa is not benefiting from the truncated tour because we've embarked upon a development programme among the majority community of our country. We don't have much money for it. Our government is not funding the programme. India are not aware that a lot of people will be losing their jobs. You guys have taken cricket away from thousands and thousands of black children who would have been encouraged to play cricket. That is the ripple effect of the shortened tour." However, the 49-year-old former pacer does not expect a hostile reception for the Indian team as has been largely anticipated. "I don't expect that to happen. We're a fun-loving country. The normal average person in the public does not care the problems between the two boards," he declares. The former cricketer thinks the BCCI's demand vis-a-vis Haroon Lorgat is a blot in CSA sovereignty. "It is our country. And you are telling us not to pick the best man for the job. It does not matter that Haroon had problems with the India when he was in the ICC. But he was the best man for us. How can you tell us who to select and who not to. It is ridiculous. In principle India should not have interfered in the matter. Can anyone tell you who your daughter must marry to? In the long term, Haroon's appointment could ruin our relations with the BCCI but in South Africa, he was the right choice." However, de Villiers says CSA could have avoided messing up with the BCCI's sentiments. "Your country is South Africa's biggest account. Your sentiment regarding Haroon could have been accommodated. I come from a business world and I know the intricacies. You are a fool if you are appointing somebody who can jeopardise your biggest account. South Africa is wrong in appointing that person but then South African cricket management has been poor in the last 15 years anyway." The South African thinks the lessons from the whole controversy is that one should listen to the big dog. "I know that is the way the big dogs and big rhinos conduct. You do listen to your biggest account that is India. I must salute you guys for the way you have marked the game in your country. You would be treated better if you have sympathy for smaller countries." http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/india-in-south-africa-2013-14/top-stories/India-is-not-playing-longer-series-because-of-fear-of-losing-Fanie-de-Villiers/articleshow/25037183.cms

oh please so we are scared of SA that is why we went on and made the england series 5 tests instead of 4. A place were we were blanked 4-0. This populist mind numbing journalist has to stop. I am reading some south african poster comments and they keep saying Sahara (owned by the Guptas) is the sponcor of the Indian cricket team. When in reality they are not even the same company of Subhrata Roy. Maybe Fannie needs to be asked. Why are India touring SA again when SA have not toured India since 2010. Its like two back to back trips. Are south africa "scared" of touring India

wtf sort of nick name is Fanie anyways fanny in the UK atleast means vagina. Does it mean something else in Akrican?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

wtf sort of nick name is Fanie anyways fanny in the UK atleast means vagina. Does it mean something else in Akrican?
Wow something must have crawled up you ass and died. :hysterical: Bitter much?

this is worst case of tour management. are we going to run our cricket like this now. SA tour is one of the toughest tour and we should aim to do best on them. imagine how we will feel if we lost the first test (which happens a lot on overseas tour)

The former cricketer thinks the BCCI's demand vis-a-vis Haroon Lorgat is a blot in CSA sovereignty. "It is our country. And you are telling us not to pick the best man for the job. It does not matter that Haroon had problems with the India when he was in the ICC. But he was the best man for us. How can you tell us who to select and who not to. It is ridiculous. In principle
Then it is BCCI's prerogative how many matches they want to play.

SA tour is so excting, can't wait-Will reveal a lot about new generation Literally wetting my pants in excitment!! Can't wait for this SA tour(just wish it was 3 tests) and NZ and Eng tours. All away tours coming up in next 10 months. Challenge after challenge. Sick of these home games were we dominate, time for the real tests! Its particulary thrilling as first overseas assigmnets since last shoking away tour to Aus. This squad will be full of new gen, all semingly highy talented and ready to deliver. But we are ALL nervous and not sure if some are really the real deal and the new Tendys, laxys, dravids and zak types. Ready to deliver anyhere, any time and any place for the country. Kohli, Pujara, Shami, Ashwin, BK etc etc We will find out so much in coming months. The anticaption and excitment is massive. Nervous, worried but optimistic. Do we have a team moulding and getting in postion to dominate worls cricket for next 5 years, or is it a false dawn? All will be revealed soon:dance:

We must stay patient with some. As in particular SA tour will be tough. We will have some ups and downs but hopefully the downs will make them better and when they come out over the other side they will be great players cos of it. I think by end of NZ tour we can make clear more informed judgement on some of the new gen

other than Dhoni, every member of the team will have to prove themselves dhawan, vijay, pujara, kohli, rohit, rahane, bhuvi, shami, ashwin, umesh and jadeja even zak has to prove that, he is good enuf for another 2 years...
:hysterical:

other than Dhoni, every member of the team will have to prove themselves dhawan, vijay, pujara, kohli, rohit, rahane, bhuvi, shami, ashwin, umesh and jadeja even zak has to prove that, he is good enuf for another 2 years...
dhoni lord of cricket :hail:

other than Dhoni' date= every member of the team will have to prove themselves dhawan, vijay, pujara, kohli, rohit, rahane, bhuvi, shami, ashwin, umesh and jadeja even zak has to prove that, he is good enuf for another 2 years...
he has to prove it the most,both with bat(especially facing the new ball) and also keeping ,he is not a good keeper on bouncy,swinging conditions

^Have seen him struggle only in England, where tbh most overseas keeper come and struggle. With bat, at best he'd provide a few counter-punch knocks, I don't expect him to build an innings with that technique on away pitches.

he has to prove it the most' date='both with bat(especially facing the new ball) and also keeping ,he is not a good keeper on bouncy,swinging conditions[/quote'] dhoni has nothing to prove wrt to either his captaincy or his technique technique wise i dont think he will improve by giant leaps in test cricket from now on. he is what he has been till now. captaincy wise, a lot of us are already know about his defensive style... will he be aggressive and play 5 bowlers and attack more? 99% i dont think so... as someone on this forum already put it, he is more about tightening the noose rather than using cannon fire...

Literally wetting my pants in excitment!! Can't wait for this SA tour(just wish it was 3 tests) and NZ and Eng tours. All away tours coming up in next 10 months. Challenge after challenge. Sick of these home games were we dominate, time for the real tests! Its particulary thrilling as first overseas assigmnets since last shoking away tour to Aus. This squad will be full of new gen, all semingly highy talented and ready to deliver. But we are ALL nervous and not sure if some are really the real deal and the new Tendys, laxys, dravids and zak types. Ready to deliver anyhere, any time and any place for the country. Kohli, Pujara, Shami, Ashwin, BK etc etc We will find out so much in coming months. The anticaption and excitment is massive. Nervous, worried but optimistic. Do we have a team moulding and getting in postion to dominate worls cricket for next 5 years, or is it a false dawn? All will be revealed soon:dance:
so you have a hot spot kt? and i agree with the sentiments you have posted. While i am keeping my expectations low, its a case of the unknown. India's away tours could go either way. The youngsters have not been scarred of the 4-0 and will play fearless cricket. Or they will crumble away. It could be a case of extremes. I back slickr the tranny lover when he says we need to be patient with this crop.

dhoni has nothing to prove wrt to either his captaincy or his technique technique wise i dont think he will improve by giant leaps in test cricket from now on. he is what he has been till now. captaincy wise, a lot of us are already know about his defensive style... will he be aggressive and play 5 bowlers and attack more? 99% i dont think so... as someone on this forum already put it, he is more about tightening the noose rather than using cannon fire...
i talked about his keeping as well.every cricketer can improve,he can surely improve his keeping and batting and prove everyone that he has become much better in those testing condition