Sign in to follow this  
Chandan

India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

We will batter South Africa. Smith will be injured so they will put De Kock in. Its like India sending Baba Aprajith to open in tests. Amla is on decline will struggle. ABDV is an overhyped T20 hack will be sorted out by Fletcher Dhoni. Kallis is a walking wicket these days. Faf du is even worse. Morkel is crap test bowler averaging 30 playing on juicy SA pitches. Our batsmen grow up playing Philander like swing bowlers. He will get wallopped, mark my words. Steyn is the only threat but Dhawan will sure know a thing or two about him as both play for SRH and will decode him and he will not be the same bowler again. 2-0 India. :D

i talked about his keeping as well.every cricketer can improve' date='he can surely improve his keeping and batting and prove everyone that he has become much better in those testing condition[/quote'] i seriously doubt if his batting technique will improve now at his age. he has potential to come up with some gritty knocks but i doubt he will suddenly start playing the new ball well. lets agree to disagree on that. but yes his keeping technique has to be top notch. ABDV and co will make us pay heavy for every drop. what i meant when i said dhoni has nothing to prove compared to others is that... its like the world will not be waiting for his batting or his strategy during the saffer series. its more or like expected what he will come up with. but say for a pujara, shami, bhuvi, rohit, ashwin etc... everyone is waiting to see if they will carry their home conditions domination to overseas

Even if our batsmen are good, it would not be easy to perform against Steyn and co. in conditions to which they are not used to at all. To top it, only 2 tests would not give them any time to acclamatize. The England and NZ tours will tell us more.
yes. the england tour is a 5 test series in addition to tour games with a-sides and proper time given for acclimatization to the weather and conditions. it will be a proper series.

Literally wetting my pants in excitment!! Can't wait for this SA tour(just wish it was 3 tests) and NZ and Eng tours. All away tours coming up in next 10 months. Challenge after challenge. Sick of these home games were we dominate, time for the real tests! Its particulary thrilling as first overseas assigmnets since last shoking away tour to Aus. This squad will be full of new gen, all semingly highy talented and ready to deliver. But we are ALL nervous and not sure if some are really the real deal and the new Tendys, laxys, dravids and zak types. Ready to deliver anyhere, any time and any place for the country. Kohli, Pujara, Shami, Ashwin, BK etc etc We will find out so much in coming months. The anticaption and excitment is massive. Nervous, worried but optimistic. Do we have a team moulding and getting in postion to dominate worls cricket for next 5 years, or is it a false dawn? All will be revealed soon:dance:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Gonna be a pwnage of epic proportions of the flat track heros...can't wait :dance:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Gonna be a pwnage of epic proportions of the flat track heros...can't wait :dance:
Mitchell Johnson says he always believed he could bounce back from a year out of Test cricket, after terrorising Sri Lanka's batsmen in a man-of-the-match performance in Australia's series-clinching win on Friday. The enigmatic left-armer, scorned by England's 'Barmy Army' fans for his wayward bowling in the 2010-11 Ashes series in Australia, battered the hapless Sri Lankans with intimidating bowling to spearhead Australia's innings and 201-run victory. He booked Sri Lanka's elite batsman Kumar Sangakkara in for surgery on a tour-ending fractured finger and left wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene with a hairline thumb fracture after blows on the gloves.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/53926/

I hope and pray our new guns can definitely match the south africans. if we can get this top 6 as batsmen, Shikar Dhawan Gambhir Pujara Kohli Rohit Rahane and with Dhoni followed by Jadeja Zaheer Shami Umesh yadav/Bhuvi we can match the south africans and reply with fire to their fire. ashwin has not done well in australia and england. i think we should not risk including him in the playing XI. Jadeja is very underestimated as a left arm spinner. he can do very well, his fielding is a huge plus and he can bat long. he is a gutsy player. now selectors have to select 3 borderline cases from my list: Gambhir zaheer Rahane. will they? thats my prayer.

its a shame that its only a 2 test series and not a 4 test series... damn
Absolutlety BCCI screwed us. As a 4-0 series not only would have been great fun. It would have given new gen more experience and got them more ready for future away tours. BCCI thinking their smart but have ruined a great chance for team and players to develop more and get great education.

I dont mind the series being a 2 test series, else we would have missed the grand Sachin farewell. That historic event and the way it all ended, I have no issues with a shorter series in SA. From a development perspective, there are 13 away tests (2 in SA, 2 in NZ, 5 in Eng and 4 in Aus) between now and Jan 2015, i.e. a period of 14 months and perhaps a home series of 3 tests vs SL or some other team next winter. Enough for the young players to be get better at test cricket. Don't have very high hopes from the SA tour, extending the matches to day 5 and if possible drawing one of the tests would be a good enough performance.

Squads for SA series announced | Zaheer returns,Gambhir ignored cricketnext ‏@cricketnext 42s JUST IN: Zaheer Khan returns to India Test squad for the tour of South Africa, Gautam Gambhir ignored. #SAvsIND #ZaheerKhan #GautamGambhir

Zaheer recalled, Gambhir ignored for SA tests, Rayudu also included @FirstpostSports 1m Team for SA: Pacer Zaheer Khan back in India's Test team for next month's tour of South Africa @FirstpostSports 3m Team for SA: Ambati Rayudu makes his maiden entry into India's Test team as reserve batsman. ‏@FirstpostSports 3m Team for SA: Opener Gautam Gambhir ignored for India's tour of South Africa. To be updated

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/breaking-news-coverage-at-india-today-25112013/1/326401.html 1.30 pm: BCCI announces ODI team for South Africa tour under M.S. Dhoni, Zaheer Khan back in the squad. The other members of the team are Shikhar Dhawan, Ishant Sharma, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Bhubaneswar Kumar, Ambati Rayudu and Amit Mishra.

BCCI twitter feed BCCI ‏@BCCI 1m Team for SA Tests: MSD©, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Virat, Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Zak, Rayudu, Umesh, Saha, Ishant, Ojha, Jadeja Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand BCCI ‏@BCCI 4m Team for SA ODIs: MSD ©, Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Rayudu, Mohit, Umesh, Mishra, Rahane

Team for SA ODIs: MSD ©, Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Rayudu, Mohit, Umesh, Mishra, Rahane Team for SA Tests: MSD©, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Virat, Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Zak, Rayudu, Umesh, Saha, Ishant, Ojha, Jadeja

Umesh in odi squad good. Odis before tests so would have like him to play Zak in test squad good Gambhir out moot call, I am not devestated by that even if would have included him. Yuvraj to be droped was close call, can understand why giving him one more go Main thing is no Vinnay and Unadkunt in either squad. I AM HAPPY:yay: All in all not shocking

BCCI twitter feed BCCI ‏@BCCI 1m Team for SA Tests: MSD©, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Virat, Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Zak, Rayudu, Umesh, Saha, Ishant, Ojha, Jadeja Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand BCCI ‏@BCCI 4m Team for SA ODIs: MSD ©, Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Rayudu, Mohit, Umesh, Mishra, Rahane
Decent squad. No idea why rayudu, ishanth and rahane are included..

For ODIs Unadkat and Vinay go out, Ishant and Umesh are back. Rahane has come in as the 16th player in the squad For tests - Zak, Saha are back, Ojha and Ishant retain their spot. Rayudu comes in as reserve batsman

Umesh in odi squad good. Odis before tests so would have like him to play Zak in test squad good Gambhir out moot call, I am not devestated by that even if would have included him. Yuvraj to be droped was close call, can understand why giving him one more go Main thing is no Vinnay and Unadkunt in either squad. I AM HAPPY:yay: All in all not shocking
yeah that was the scary part. No porbandar and Vinny the pooh...:dance:

Team for SA ODIs: MSD ©' date= Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Rayudu, Mohit, Umesh, Mishra, Rahane Team for SA Tests: MSD©, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Virat, Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Zak, Rayudu, Umesh, Saha, Ishant, Ojha, Jadeja
Good squad. Bummed about Ishant's selection but who else is there ? Dhawal Kulkarni is injured. At least, Vinay Kumar and Unadkat are not there. Great to see Zaheer back. Pujara should have been selected in ODI squad but Rahane is a good pick.

Good squad. Bummed about Ishant's selection but who else is there ? Dhawal Kulkarni is injured. At least' date= Vinay Kumar and Unadkat are not there.
There are others who can be tried out. At least try them!!!

Ishaant Sharma in ODI and Test squad?>>> Could have selected another promising medium pacer!! How is Issshhhhhaaaan Shhhaaarma back????
Ishant selection seems more tactical than on merit. He wont get a game unless we're forced by injures. We saw what happened when we were forced to play a debutant last time around. But Pujara's non-selection in ODI squad baffles me. He has proven time and again he can change his game for this format. And with Yuvraj at his worst form has been backed. If our top order fails, I dont see us posting even 200 there.

Ishant selection seems more tactical than on merit. He wont get a game unless we're forced by injures. We saw what happened when we were forced to play a debutant last time around. But Pujara's non-selection in ODI squad baffles me. He has proven time and again he can change his game for this format. And with Yuvraj at his worst form has been backed. If our top order fails, I dont see us posting even 200 there.
fielding and running between the wickets must have gone against pujara.

Only disappointment is Ishant's selection. He should have been forced to be in FC cricket for a little longer. Once again has been given an easy route back into the squad. That spot should have gone to Ishwar Pandey but looks like his lack of wickets in last 3 matches has gone against him. Decent selections overall Also with Umesh's includion in ODI squad in SA, clearly selectors look to have a plan. Play him in ODIs away from home and keep him ready for tests matches.

Team for SA ODIs: MSD ©' date= Dhawan, Rohit, Virat, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Rayudu, Mohit, Umesh, Mishra, Rahane Team for SA Tests: MSD©, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Virat, Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Zak, Rayudu, Umesh, Saha, Ishant, Ojha, Jadeja
satisfied tbh and glad umesh is in both the squads phew!! how the hell is pishant selected despite being sh1t in all formats???mind boggling really

The only calls you can fault are Ishant playing one day cricket, Im not sure thats right. But who else could have played, I guess he may not play and if he does the relatively bowler friendly pitches might help him more. Also wonder who will be /can be a reserve opener- again hope it is not required... Rahane I guess, unless they ask Rohit of course... that would have been a reason to get GG in... overall, good squads

Thats one good decision to send test players early however Vijay shouldn't bother, a week early in SA wont do him any favours. He's just a hack. Pujara should be prepped to face the new ball in every innings.