India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

other than Dhoni' date= every member of the team will have to prove themselves dhawan, vijay, pujara, kohli, rohit, rahane, bhuvi, shami, ashwin, umesh and jadeja even zak has to prove that, he is good enuf for another 2 years...
he has to prove it the most,both with bat(especially facing the new ball) and also keeping ,he is not a good keeper on bouncy,swinging conditions
:hysterical:
he has to prove it the most' date='both with bat(especially facing the new ball) and also keeping ,he is not a good keeper on bouncy,swinging conditions[/quote'] dhoni has nothing to prove wrt to either his captaincy or his technique technique wise i dont think he will improve by giant leaps in test cricket from now on. he is what he has been till now. captaincy wise, a lot of us are already know about his defensive style... will he be aggressive and play 5 bowlers and attack more? 99% i dont think so... as someone on this forum already put it, he is more about tightening the noose rather than using cannon fire...
Literally wetting my pants in excitment!! Can't wait for this SA tour(just wish it was 3 tests) and NZ and Eng tours. All away tours coming up in next 10 months. Challenge after challenge. Sick of these home games were we dominate, time for the real tests! Its particulary thrilling as first overseas assigmnets since last shoking away tour to Aus. This squad will be full of new gen, all semingly highy talented and ready to deliver. But we are ALL nervous and not sure if some are really the real deal and the new Tendys, laxys, dravids and zak types. Ready to deliver anyhere, any time and any place for the country. Kohli, Pujara, Shami, Ashwin, BK etc etc We will find out so much in coming months. The anticaption and excitment is massive. Nervous, worried but optimistic. Do we have a team moulding and getting in postion to dominate worls cricket for next 5 years, or is it a false dawn? All will be revealed soon:dance:
so you have a hot spot kt? and i agree with the sentiments you have posted. While i am keeping my expectations low, its a case of the unknown. India's away tours could go either way. The youngsters have not been scarred of the 4-0 and will play fearless cricket. Or they will crumble away. It could be a case of extremes. I back slickr the tranny lover when he says we need to be patient with this crop.
dhoni has nothing to prove wrt to either his captaincy or his technique technique wise i dont think he will improve by giant leaps in test cricket from now on. he is what he has been till now. captaincy wise, a lot of us are already know about his defensive style... will he be aggressive and play 5 bowlers and attack more? 99% i dont think so... as someone on this forum already put it, he is more about tightening the noose rather than using cannon fire...
i talked about his keeping as well.every cricketer can improve,he can surely improve his keeping and batting and prove everyone that he has become much better in those testing condition

We will batter South Africa. Smith will be injured so they will put De Kock in. Its like India sending Baba Aprajith to open in tests. Amla is on decline will struggle. ABDV is an overhyped T20 hack will be sorted out by Fletcher Dhoni. Kallis is a walking wicket these days. Faf du is even worse. Morkel is crap test bowler averaging 30 playing on juicy SA pitches. Our batsmen grow up playing Philander like swing bowlers. He will get wallopped, mark my words. Steyn is the only threat but Dhawan will sure know a thing or two about him as both play for SRH and will decode him and he will not be the same bowler again. 2-0 India. :D

i talked about his keeping as well.every cricketer can improve' date='he can surely improve his keeping and batting and prove everyone that he has become much better in those testing condition[/quote'] i seriously doubt if his batting technique will improve now at his age. he has potential to come up with some gritty knocks but i doubt he will suddenly start playing the new ball well. lets agree to disagree on that. but yes his keeping technique has to be top notch. ABDV and co will make us pay heavy for every drop. what i meant when i said dhoni has nothing to prove compared to others is that... its like the world will not be waiting for his batting or his strategy during the saffer series. its more or like expected what he will come up with. but say for a pujara, shami, bhuvi, rohit, ashwin etc... everyone is waiting to see if they will carry their home conditions domination to overseas
Even if our batsmen are good, it would not be easy to perform against Steyn and co. in conditions to which they are not used to at all. To top it, only 2 tests would not give them any time to acclamatize. The England and NZ tours will tell us more.
yes. the england tour is a 5 test series in addition to tour games with a-sides and proper time given for acclimatization to the weather and conditions. it will be a proper series.
Literally wetting my pants in excitment!! Can't wait for this SA tour(just wish it was 3 tests) and NZ and Eng tours. All away tours coming up in next 10 months. Challenge after challenge. Sick of these home games were we dominate, time for the real tests! Its particulary thrilling as first overseas assigmnets since last shoking away tour to Aus. This squad will be full of new gen, all semingly highy talented and ready to deliver. But we are ALL nervous and not sure if some are really the real deal and the new Tendys, laxys, dravids and zak types. Ready to deliver anyhere, any time and any place for the country. Kohli, Pujara, Shami, Ashwin, BK etc etc We will find out so much in coming months. The anticaption and excitment is massive. Nervous, worried but optimistic. Do we have a team moulding and getting in postion to dominate worls cricket for next 5 years, or is it a false dawn? All will be revealed soon:dance:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Gonna be a pwnage of epic proportions of the flat track heros...can't wait :dance:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Gonna be a pwnage of epic proportions of the flat track heros...can't wait :dance:
Mitchell Johnson says he always believed he could bounce back from a year out of Test cricket, after terrorising Sri Lanka's batsmen in a man-of-the-match performance in Australia's series-clinching win on Friday. The enigmatic left-armer, scorned by England's 'Barmy Army' fans for his wayward bowling in the 2010-11 Ashes series in Australia, battered the hapless Sri Lankans with intimidating bowling to spearhead Australia's innings and 201-run victory. He booked Sri Lanka's elite batsman Kumar Sangakkara in for surgery on a tour-ending fractured finger and left wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene with a hairline thumb fracture after blows on the gloves.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/53926/

I hope and pray our new guns can definitely match the south africans. if we can get this top 6 as batsmen, Shikar Dhawan Gambhir Pujara Kohli Rohit Rahane and with Dhoni followed by Jadeja Zaheer Shami Umesh yadav/Bhuvi we can match the south africans and reply with fire to their fire. ashwin has not done well in australia and england. i think we should not risk including him in the playing XI. Jadeja is very underestimated as a left arm spinner. he can do very well, his fielding is a huge plus and he can bat long. he is a gutsy player. now selectors have to select 3 borderline cases from my list: Gambhir zaheer Rahane. will they? thats my prayer.

its a shame that its only a 2 test series and not a 4 test series... damn
Absolutlety BCCI screwed us. As a 4-0 series not only would have been great fun. It would have given new gen more experience and got them more ready for future away tours. BCCI thinking their smart but have ruined a great chance for team and players to develop more and get great education.

I dont mind the series being a 2 test series, else we would have missed the grand Sachin farewell. That historic event and the way it all ended, I have no issues with a shorter series in SA. From a development perspective, there are 13 away tests (2 in SA, 2 in NZ, 5 in Eng and 4 in Aus) between now and Jan 2015, i.e. a period of 14 months and perhaps a home series of 3 tests vs SL or some other team next winter. Enough for the young players to be get better at test cricket. Don't have very high hopes from the SA tour, extending the matches to day 5 and if possible drawing one of the tests would be a good enough performance.