board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf

master

:doh: unbelieveable this BCCI they have one set of rules for some players and another set for others, on one hand they have singled out Dravid and Munaf for citicism and leave others like SRT out of it. For me SRT s batting or lack of it caused the demise on that 4 th day and hence the match and series. A very selfish performance that has resulted in his captain being criticized. Only in INDIA !. I completely agree with some of the other posts here Sunil Gavaskar is the best Indian batsman ever. Sunny played against some of the best bowlers of all time, incl Imran, Qadir, Sarfraz, Holding , Garner, Roberts, Croft, Lillie, Thompson, Willes, Botham, Underwood, Hadlee...No contest !, Sunny all the way, Sachin retire, please do not come to Australia, unless you are coming as a commentator.

Re: board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf

they have one set of rules for some players and another set for others, on one hand they have singled out Dravid and Munaf for citicism and leave others like SRT out of it. For me SRT s batting or lack of it caused the demise on that 4 th day and hence the match and series. A very selfish performance that has resulted in his captain being criticized. Only in INDIA !.
You are mixing the issues here. Dravid is getting the criticism because he was the captain. He picked his own team. Even before the match started it was mentioned in many media that he wanted Munaf and Sehwag no matter what. And since they both failed Dravid has to take the hit. More so as his batting also floundered. This is nothing new. As for Munaf it seems, and I can not prove it at this time, that he was not fit but said so and hence is being taken to task. I say better late than never! Such things always happen in Indian cricket maybe now they wont? As for SRT rest assured that he is getting his share of brickbats. Any news media you follow is chastising him. xxx

One of the news chanell' date=' i think zee, has been trying to kick out dravid but couldn't find enough people in the public to agree ...not even in kolkotta..... .... :tired:[/quote'] :lmao: Zee has to be the crappiest channel right now, isnt it? The serials are the worst ever - Kasam se (no I am not promising, talking abt the serial by that name). Saregamapa may be the only good programme left on it..or Jeena issi ka naam hai(when Faruq Sheikh anchors)

Re: board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf Nothing new. If you are a captain, the buck stops with you. Gangu copped so much flak it was unbelievable. Rahul for the first time in years(he was criticised a lot pre 2002) been subjected to the same. And so is SRT and rightly so.

Quite shameful stuff from the BCCI. I was totally against the PCB when they did a similar thing with Shoaib and now the BCCI have gone down the same path...they are going to ruin a young talent simple as that.
India had gone in with 4 pronged attack - Zaheer, Sreesanth, Kumble & Munaf. You would expect Munaf to pick 1/4th(25%) of bowling efforts. Even accounting for Kumble(and part timers like Sachin/Sehwag) a full time bowler is expected to bowl 20% of the whole effort. So how did Munaf fair? He bowled 21 overs out of total 192 bowled by Indians. 11%! As compared to Munaf's 21 Zaheer Khan bowled 41 overs, Sreesanth 37 and Kumble 67 overs. That itself should tell you the story. Mind you even those 21 overs were bowled in pain by Munaf. Commentators were wondering since his first spell why he was playing when he seemed to be in clear discomfort. He certainly deserves a kick up his arse. Who knows maybe India lost the Test (and the series) partly due to the depleted bowling resources? xxx

Quite shameful stuff from the BCCI. I was totally against the PCB when they did a similar thing with Shoaib and now the BCCI have gone down the same path...they are going to ruin a young talent simple as that.
India had gone in with 4 pronged attack - Zaheer, Sreesanth, Kumble & Munaf. You would expect Munaf to pick 1/4th(25%) of bowling efforts. Even accounting for Kumble(and part timers like Sachin/Sehwag) a full time bowler is expected to bowl 20% of the whole effort. So how did Munaf fair? He bowled 21 overs out of total 192 bowled by Indians. 11%! As compared to Munaf's 21 Zaheer Khan bowled 41 overs, Sreesanth 37 and Kumble 67 overs. That itself should tell you the story. Mind you even those 21 overs were bowled in pain by Munaf. Commentators were wondering since his first spell why he was playing when he seemed to be in clear discomfort. He certainly deserves a kick up his arse. Who knows maybe India lost the Test (and the series) partly due to the depleted bowling resources? xxx
The simple question is that was he faking an injury? and since you and i don't know what was going on in his body i think it's grossly unfair to question his integrity.

Re: board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf So, the physio has no way to test fitness by making the players do difficult routines etc? I do believe Munaf faked his fitness and sabotaged the team's chances for his own personal benefit and am glad he is being asked tough questions. You can't let this kind of despicable behavior go unpunished. BTW, Niranjan Shah (who is a moron in his own right) did provide some reasonable sequence of events which shows that Munaf made Gloster believe that he was fit. Question is did he break down during the match or was he broken down even before that? I think Munaf needs to explain it and convince everyone that he is being truthful.

The simple question is that was he faking an injury? and since you and i don't know what was going on in his body i think it's grossly unfair to question his integrity.
The question then becomes who actually knows he was faking an injury or not?? The lad clearly had mentioned to everyone that he was 100% fit. And then he could not bowl. What does that tell you? xxx

The question then becomes who actually knows he was faking an injury or not?? The lad clearly had mentioned to everyone that he was 100% fit. And then he could not bowl. What does that tell you? xxx
Sometimes players are so desperate to play that they 'hide' their injuries. I remember S Afridi being in a similar situation during the ODI series where he wanted to play the 3rd ODI how ever he looked in pain from the start of the match.

Sometimes players are so desperate to play that they 'hide' their injuries. I remember S Afridi being in a similar situation during the ODI series where he wanted to play the 3rd ODI how ever he looked in pain from the start of the match.
And that is ok with you? Players hiding injuries (basically lying) which affects the team?

Re: board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf Well we dont know enough, maybe he was fit but really worsened it in his spell in the 1st innings... Hope Munaf clears the air soon...people need to know what happened. He lack of fitness was a major factor...Harbhy would have been ideal

And that is ok with you? Players hiding injuries (basically lying) which affects the team?
yes it is perfectly fine with me. Jordan played in the NBA finals while he was sick. Imran Khan played the 1992 WC semi and the final with a severe shoulder problem. A Border played numerous test match with a broken thumb. Shoaib played the 2000 Sharjah tournament while carrying an injury. Now going by your logic the above 4 were equally dishonest...the only difference is that they were able to perform while Munaf failed so bash him all you want for his performance but saying that the player was corrupt is just totally wrong.

Jordan played in the NBA finals while he was sick. Imran Khan played the 1992 WC semi and the final with a severe shoulder problem. A Border played numerous test match with a broken thumb. Shoaib played the 2000 Sharjah tournament while carrying an injury. Now going by your logic the above 4 were equally dishonest...the only difference is that they were able to perform while Munaf failed so bash him all you want for his performance but saying that the player was corrupt is just totally wrong.
MP, Boss what kind of analogy is that? On any day, excluding day, you yourself would have laughed if someone compared Munaf remotely to the likes of Border, Imran or even Shoaib. But to show that players play while being semi-fit you bring in the greats! By the way did Imran do that(playing with injury) at the start of his career? Or Border? Or even Shoaib? Imran and Border were stars for their country at the last stage of their career while Munaf is a newbie. It is one thing to let Imran play(he played as a batsman, his bowling was crap in that world cup check out) and completely other to play Munaf who played as a bowler and crapped there! xxx

Re: board puts foot firmly into Dravid and Munaf It is one thing for the team to know you got a problem, but a collective decision is made to give it a go, especially when you are an indepensable figure like a MJ. It is another for an upcoming player to hide his injury so that he can make it to the team in fear of losing his spot. And even then it wouldn't have mattered if he had a blast and bowled us to a win. All this finger ponting is coming out only cause he was useless.