I'm tired of the brand of cricket in sub continent

This is Don in CI commentary... Don: "Honestly, from an Indian fans point of view what was the point of this tour, either give them a full tour with time to prepare or cancel the tour. Asking players who've never played in S.A to come and play against guys like Styen strait from India with no preparation time or even having enough time to come back from loosing a couple of games is like sending lambs to a slaughter. Its almost like the BCCI doesn't even care as long us Indian fans continue spending money on cricket, if the S.A fans think they've been hard done how annoyed must we Indian fans be at this bad scheduling and such a short tour. The sad thing is even though I'm so annoyed at BCCI, even through I'm so disappointed with the teams performance i will still watch the next game and support India because I'm so emotional vested in this team and thats where BCCI's real victory is." FECK BCCI!

I don't think we'd have won an ODI even if this was a 7 match ODI series as originally planned. Our bowling just isn't cut out for international cricket. We do decently at home because we rely on spinners. Away even they are negated.
There is losing and then there is getting humiliated, this is the latter just as it was in England 2011 which for me was so abysmal for exactly the same reasons- poor preparation. Lessons of 0-8 have not been fully learnt. If the bowlers are not cut out, well what about the batting today on these pitches no one prepared to guts it out. A bit of practice would have helped
There is losing and then there is getting humiliated' date=' this is the latter just as it was in England 2011 which for me was so abysmal for exactly the same reasons- poor preparation. Lessons of 0-8 have not been fully learnt. If the bowlers are not cut out, well what about the batting today on these pitches no one prepared to guts it out. A bit of practice would have helped[/quote'] I agree, whether we go onto do well or not we should prepare well and leave no stone unturned . But all I'm saying is it wouldn't have helped this team because we don't have a half-decent bowling line up. You can't win away with this bowling how much ever practice you get. India scored tons of runs in that 2011 Eng tour in the ODI leg still we lost all the games.

Are India really any good at cricket? yeah we have won odd global competition here and there, and some good patches supplemented by good home form. but it seems like it is the same story over and over again when we go to Australia, SA, and Eng. we struggle to play pace, bounce, and swing and more frustrating we don't have the firepower to return the favour. every single away series to these three countries we go in as massive underdogs both in odis and tests. at least the likes of Australia, South Africa, and England come to the Asia and put up a fight and sometimes even go away with wins. I can't help but think without big fast bowlers in our team and domestic circuit, India cricket won't go much further in terms of competiveness in away series.

Why are you guys wasting your time watching these humiliations after humiliations which will continue for one and a half more years? The captain himself believes away matches are for practice only. BCCI will line up some sitting ducks like WI and SL for the home season to rejuvenate the fan base and there is of course, IPL.

I think it is deeper problem then just preparations. Like many have pointed out, lack of preparations would result in defeats, but lack of quality and skills will result in humiliation....and right now third consecutive away series we are facing humiliation.

For a small period of time when tendulkar dravid ganguly vvs and kumble was there and with odd good performances from agarkar (adelaide), kumble abroad sometimes, zaheer khan on good comeback, sreesanth nehra irfan balaji and rp singh We won or drew Tests abroad during that sorta golden phase for us 2004 onwards Aus, Eng, NZ and SA tours we competed Those days are over. Glad to have seen those players Before those days we were lambs abroad and back to it now

For a small period of time when tendulkar dravid ganguly vvs and kumble was there and with odd good performances from agarkar (adelaide), kumble abroad sometimes, zaheer khan on good comeback, sreesanth nehra irfan balaji and rp singh We won or drew Tests abroad during that sorta golden phase for us 2004 onwards Aus, Eng, NZ and WI and SA tours we competed Won matches if not series everywhere. Proud performances Those days are over. Glad to have seen those players Before those days we were lambs abroad and back to it now

For a small period of time when tendulkar dravid ganguly vvs and kumble was there and with odd good performances from agarkar (adelaide), kumble abroad sometimes, zaheer khan on good comeback, sreesanth nehra irfan balaji and rp singh We won or drew Tests abroad during that sorta golden phase for us 2004 onwards Aus, Eng, NZ and SA tours we competed Those days are over. Glad to have seen those players Before those days we were lambs abroad and back to it now
Whats most disappointing for me is i believe we have a potent attack for tests with zak,yadav,shami .Our batting will struggle but i have hopes form pujara .We should atleast compete not get humiliated.

What's with these wild emotional swings from one extreme to another? This is a new team and this is the second match of a long away period for india. Please give them more time before reading the last rites. All these silly threads coming up just after the second match. Its totally ridiculous.

We are very good when it is a fight between the batting sides of two teams. However, when it is s fight between bat and ball, we are ........ Not really the fault of cricketers. This is the type of cricket that BCCI promotes by it's pitches, packed schedules with no practice matches to prepare, choice of players promoted at every level starting from clubs to the national team etc etc.