I'm tired of the brand of cricket in sub continent

How about accepting that our bowlers and batsmen are simply useless in these conditions? It is similar to how the Aussies performed in India recently. There needs to be uniform playing conditions for cricket to expect any sense of consistency. As it stands, the game itself is a joke with how we won at home and how the Aussies are doing the same having just been humiliated in India.

How about accepting that our bowlers and batsmen are simply useless in these conditions? It is similar to how the Aussies performed in India recently.
True, but somehow we (i.e., the Indian-fan collective) find a way to undermine our home victories and make it sound like they don't count.
True' date=' but somehow we (i.e., the Indian-fan collective) find a way to undermine our home victories and make it sound like they don't count.[/quote'] Home victories are great, but you can't even enjoy them for long cause there is an overseas drubbing just around the corner.
How about accepting that our bowlers and batsmen are simply useless in these conditions? It is similar to how the Aussies performed in India recently. There needs to be uniform playing conditions for cricket to expect any sense of consistency. As it stands' date=' the game itself is a joke with how we won at home and how the Aussies are doing the same having just been humiliated in India.[/quote'] Aussie nearly won the odi series in india.
But they didn't. If they nearly won and didn't' date=' let's just say they choked under the onslaught of stellar Indian batting. It cuts both ways.[/quote'] There is diff between humiliation which india gets abroad and performance of teams like eng,sa,aus in india.Eng won the tests series and sa have drawn the series.we are the wc and idi no 1 ranked team,We should at least compete not get humiliated.Also i do not care about odis as long as we prepare well for tests but it seems we did not even use that opportunity.
But they didn't. If they nearly won and didn't' date=' let's just say they choked under the onslaught of stellar Indian batting. It cuts both ways.[/quote'] ya, I dont like Indian mindset.. quality of cricket is bad now,weakest Aussie team ever :giggle:..It look like Indians lack self respect. :--D
There is diff between humiliation which india gets abroad and performance of teams like eng' date='sa,aus in india.Eng won the tests series and sa have drawn the series.we are the wc and idi no 1 ranked team,We should at least compete not get humiliated.[/quote'] Fair enough. It just grates on me when India's losses are deemed catastrophies, whereas victories are dismissed as "flat-track bully wins," as if the other team did not bat on the same track. We shall see ... I still have hope. I do care about ODIs - I think it is the format that we are best suited to win consisitently, and I enjoy it thoroughly when our guys win - even at home.
Fair enough. It just grates on me when India's losses are deemed catastrophies, whereas victories are dismissed as "flat-track bully wins," as if the other team did not bat on the same track. We shall see ... I still have hope. I do care about ODIs - I think it is the format that we are best suited to win consisitently and enjoy it thoroughly when our guys win - even at home.
lol...you should not take ppl here so seriously... lot of them posting everyday are only interested in scoring brownie points over other posters by defending their players and hating other fans...they like debates n arguments... there are few people as Sid said...who just enjoy watching this game...and there are plenty of wins given by these very players which are savoured forever...home or away... Nevertheless, we played very poorly today...batsmen needs to step up...I m sure all of them or learning with every single game like this...and eventually come out good when it matters...
lol...you should not take ppl here so seriously... lot of them posting everyday are only interested in scoring brownie points over other posters by defending their players and hating other fans...they like debates n arguments... there are few people as Sid said...who just enjoy watching this game...and there are plenty of wins given by these very players which are savoured forever...home or away... Nevertheless, we played very poorly today...batsmen needs to step up...I m sure all of them or learning with every single game like this...and eventually come out good when it matters...
Voice of reason

Well as a cricket fan i take this series as a practice series, now from here on, even if they loose the series 3-0 and manage to put up a fight and win or draw the test series i will continue my support to these new kids, if they loose the test series poorly, for me these new generation of cricketers will just be well decorated barbie dolls on the field, designed by BCCI to exploit the cricket crazy indians by selling them $hyt like IPL.

Too much of a reaction after just one bad series? 2 of the last 6 ODI series we won were away(CT in England' date=' Tri series in WI). I am sure we would have been much better if this was a full tour and we were given time and warmup matches for practice.[/quote'] I agree. It is perplexing to see no practice matches and ultra short tours, where situations are completely different from India.
We or atleast I am watching because I love watching this sport' date='pure entertainment.[/quote'] I don't get the time to watch much cricket, but if you are watching it for sports and entertainment then won't the Ashes be a better proposition. I know it's the ODI series but based on cricinfo and ICF I don't see them doing anything worthwhile in tests either. From a results perspective these ODIs don't matter, but they seem to send a terrible sign of things to come in tests over the next year and then the WC, which does matter in ODIs. I know they won the CT in England, but from all accounts it was on subcontinent type wickets and the final was not even an ODI but a T20.