Nothing much has gone wrong yet : Hope for better results in tests

Cricketics

We lost 2 odi's. Yes, it kind of hurts to see the team go down in the format where we have dominated recently but well it was kind of on cards with no practice games there, but the real test was always going to be the test series. and our 3 odi's will serve as a 3 day warm up game for for our test series now and I am glad we haven't lost the first test by now. We might have had, if we had started with test. It's just two ODI'S so far and this whole tour can end on the right note if we start focusing now on that first test even though one last ODI' is left. No I am not hiding our defeats, but we all were more curious about this team performing in test than ODI'S. ODI'S is important for world cup and we will get better with time but prime focus of this tour was always going to be the test series with a team with no senior bat for India and I think with this kind of practice, I am sure our players have seen it all in first 2 games and have learned a thing or two. Kohli, Rohit and Dhawan have got out to bad shots already. Rahane has gotten an outing too. I am sure by the time last 3rd ODI ends, regardless of how they perform in that, they would have been fully ready for first test. I feel glory days in our test cricket are about to start. You can call Rohit looking shyt infront of Steyn in first ODI, but he actually tried to settle down against Steyn and try to attack other bowlers. This is the same strategy which could be used in test and also shows lack of warm up perperations. I am sure he will come out good in test. Atleast I hope. He hasn't looked all that bad. Kohli too had a decent 31 run knock followed by a duck. He is much better player than that. Pujara and Rahane should join the party soon. Guys, I promise you we are going to win atleast 1 test on this tour and won't lose the test series. Get behind and support our young players.

It's not the fact that we lost' date=' but rather [i']how we lost. 90% of the overs were dominated by SA and India never looked in the hunt.
Think of it this way, our bowling has made us look worse. We are bowling on same pitch as South Africans and yet letting them be 200 for no loss. This is called "making ourselves look worse" Bowling should have been tad better. I know we are not world beaters in bowling but come on, spinners out bowling pacers even in South Africa? We have completely sucked in this department. Batting has been bad, but giving away 350 was too much.
Think of it this way, our bowling has made us look worse. We are bowling on same pitch as South Africans and yet letting them be 200 for no loss. This is called "making ourselves look worse" Bowling should have been tad better. I know we are not world beaters in bowling but come on, spinners out bowling pacers even in South Africa? We have completely sucked in this department. Batting has been bad, but giving away 350 was too much.
U watched the match live right?
Don't have bowlers
Lol what?:hysterical: If welegedara can win a test in sa.Then our bowlers with zak are more than enough.Fact is if we put 300 on board on tough conditions ,It will not be easy for sa.We have 3 guys who average close to 30 in tests which has never happened
ya But our bowling has always been mediocre with occasionally good performances. They usually do good to keep things tight. Batting has always compensated for the problems in bowling. But even that is failing now. I guess it is expected when players are expected to play under tough conditions which are totally alien to them without any match practice. But even then, I expected more fight from a young team which has looked resigned to defeat.
Good to see people coming back and having the same notion and realizing that it's not a dooms day yet. It will be a great day when this team wins it's first test on this tour. I wish Pujara would have gotten some practice like how our others bats have so far
Not sure if serious. You are trolling here big time.

I am going to wait until the test series is over. Too early to write them off. Some of the guys have lot of fire in their belly. They are not the type of guys who throw in the towel. I like the attitude of Shami especially. He comes really hard at them. Attitude is very very important for pacers. Aggression will follow.

ya But our bowling has always been mediocre with occasionally good performances. They usually do good to keep things tight. Batting has always compensated for the problems in bowling. But even that is failing now. I guess it is expected when players are expected to play under tough conditions which are totally alien to them without any match practice. But even then, I expected more fight from a young team which has looked resigned to defeat.
True, I expected them to perform better too but then I think again about it and feel it's really not that easy. We are world no. 1 but aren't just the best team of the era in which all teams struggle away from home. We aren't the no. 1 like how Australia was,. Not even close to that. They took ODI cricket to a different level and we are far away from them. Our batters, with time will have their glory days. And I will wait for those days to come, as I know they will come.