Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

Again please dont look at it in a bad way' date='its unnatural in the sense of unconventional[/quote'] You can call it unconventional, but calling it unnatural implies it's a creation of man - a person can decide whether he wants to be homo or hetero. That's clearly not the case. Moreover its prevalence in animals tells you it is a natural phenomenon.

Yeah, because the tendency to be attracted to the same sex first checks in to see whether you are living in a city or village: 1. City - homo. 2. Village - straight. 3. Town - bi. :hysterical:
Gay rights legal/illegal 1.City-Mockery 2-Town-Mockery and rage 3.Village-Mockery,Rage and Stoned to death

So what is the point of this bill to begin with. Now Gay Sex is illegal ok....i am a little curious here(no pun intended) So If 2 guys/2 gals end up having sex....how will they be arrested unless they surrender themselves if it is consensual no one would do that. So if they get caught doing it in public....Isn't there an existing law against that or is the offence different for different holes? Now if it was forcible among the same sex-There are atleast on paper strong enough laws to tackle rape. So the point of this bill is????
For starters, may be you can read up a bit before you comment. First, 100-500 max and now "What is the point of this bill?".

Lol Supporters agreeing with BJP or not is not the issue here..... but in the current political environment BJP has picked the right and smart thing to say....They may have or not meant it but if I was the PR guy for the party ' date='I would have suggested the same thing as part of my job.[/quote'] BJP has taken the most homophobic and ignorant stand they could, regardless of whether it costs or gains them votes.

For starters' date=' may be you can read up a bit before you comment. First, 100-500 max and now "What is the point of this bill?".[/quote'] Sorry I Didn't know that there was a bureau where gays registered so didn't know how to get the numbers,just went by the same pic that is posted time and again when it comes to gays in India-I think it was a random gay parade

BJP has taken the most homophobic and ignorant stand they could' date=' regardless of whether it costs or gains them votes.[/quote'] BJP is not appeasing one community,they are going with the majority....But they dont think as far ahead that 2.5 million(Thanks Gannu for the number) could be 25 million someday and become a potential votebank :hatsoff:

Sorry I Didn't know that there was a bureau where gays registered so didn't know how to get the numbers' date='just went by the same pic that is posted time and again when it comes to gays in India-I think it was a random gay parade[/quote'] Also, there is no "gay bill" waiting to be passed as you said. It's an amendment to the constitution - Section 377 being discussed.

BJP is not appeasing one community' date=they are going with the majority....But they dont think as far ahead that 2.5 million(Thanks Gannu for the number) could be 25 million someday and become a potential votebank :hatsoff:
They are appeasing the jaahil vote bank. Jaahil vote consolidation will be strongly in the favor of BJP. That's a much larger vote bank than LGBT will ever be.

BJP is not appeasing one community' date=they are going with the majority....But they dont think as far ahead that 2.5 million(Thanks Gannu for the number) could be 25 million someday and become a potential votebank :hatsoff:
Catering to ONLY the majority is also called appeasement - the same policy which BJP supporters cry about. While just community appeasement is not good for our society, majority appeasement is just the other end of the spectrum and as bad. The best is something in between. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majoritarianism

Also' date=' there is no "gay bill" waiting to be passed as you said. It's an amendment to the constitution - Section 377 being discussed.[/quote'] Looks like while nitpicking the phrasing of my posts,the essence seems to be lost on you,comeback when you have a reply to my posts

BJP is not appeasing one community' date='they are going with the majority....But they dont think as far ahead that 2.5 million(Thanks Gannu for the number) could be 25 million someday and become a potential votebank :hatsoff:[/quote'] Wait a sec. They are taking a homophobic and ignorant stand just to avoid offending some of their supporters. How is this different from appeasment?

Looks like while nitpicking the phrasing of my posts' date='the essence seems to be lost on you,comeback when you have a reply to my posts[/quote'] Since you were so opinionated about the issue - I thought it would be important to first explain that this is not a bill tabled in the parliament but a constitutional amendment for a fundamental right. It is not as if I haven't replied to the other posts. Read them up before you hit the send button next.