Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

Why were certain sexual acts deemed illegal?What's illegal about an act?
I know this is going to offend many but what about screwing your dog ? is that fine ? The law is open to lot of interpretation and thats what SC said lawmakers should bring in new law. Now sure if their was anything wrong with that.

How does one ascertain consent from a dog? :dontknow:
Well if its your pet , it will come back and play with you after the act. Lawyer can argue anything and dont tell me you dont have such nut jobs in world. all i am saying is law is sketchy and SC wants is it to be rewritten

i dont think it says unnatural sex performed between human ' date=' its just says sex against nature.[/quote'] It says "man, woman or animal" but what does this have to with dog human sex and its equivalency to homosexuality? Please clarify, and several species are known engage in it so its not against nature. You don't get equivalency just because you put it together in a sentence in a constitution.

Well if its your pet , it will come back and play with you after the act. Lawyer can argue anything and dont tell me you dont have such nut jobs in world. all i am saying is law is sketchy and SC wants is it to be rewritten
Nope, consent from a dog will be like consent from a child. It won't apply

20 years ago People of India werent comfortable with giving a voice to Indian women or getting married without a dowry. 30 years ago, people of India would look down upon SC and ST. Even now they are not comfortable with another religion or people marrying into another religion. I wouldnt go by the words of the majority. These are the same majority that breed like rabbits when they cant even afford to feed themselves.
conservative society means conservative representatives in parliament. Unless parliament legitimizes it, supreme court can't do anything about this. So it starts with the society and it ends with the society.

no party is going to touch this' date='the obvious one to fight for it is Congress but they are afraid of losing the minority vote.[/quote'] lol yeah blame this on minorities too :giggle: chaddis of all colours are opposed to this. Orange chaddi charlatan had to say this http://ibnlive.in.com/news/sec-377-debate-tomorrow-theyll-talk-of-sex-with-animals-says-ramdev/439006-3.html

The remedy' date=' then, is to amend the Constitution which can be done only by the Parliament. The Supreme Court can only base its rulings on the (interpretation of the) Constitution. Therefore, quite correctly it has left the job to the legislature.[/quote'] I think everyone agrees that a constitutional amendment is the only long term solution. The problem that it is a difficult political step and till then homosexuals are left vulnerable to legal harassment. The Delhi HC judgement gave them relief in that aspect Do you think BJP would support an amendment. Because this would require a 2/3 majority AFAIK

The law is open to lot of interpretation and thats what SC said lawmakers should bring in new law. Now sure if their was anything wrong with that.
all i am saying is law is sketchy and SC wants is it to be rewritten
All the above great question hence the need for new law and thats what SC said.
The law is not sketchy or unclear .It is very clear over what it is criminalizing, but you are, for some reason, confused between people and dogs when it comes to sex.

lol yeah blame this on minorities too :giggle: chaddis of all colours are opposed to this. Orange chaddi charlatan had to say this http://ibnlive.in.com/news/sec-377-debate-tomorrow-theyll-talk-of-sex-with-animals-says-ramdev/439006-3.html
I am not blaming minorities even though they were part of the petition against the delhi court verdict,I just don't think any party will touch it because its lose- lose situation.

I think everyone agrees that a constitutional amendment is the only long term solution. The problem that it is a difficult political step and till then homosexuals are left vulnerable to legal harassment. The Delhi HC judgement gave them relief in that aspect Do you think BJP would support an amendment. Because this would require a 2/3 majority AFAIK
I mentioned amending the Constitution as a sufficient avenue to create a basis for the SC to declare portions of Section 377 of the IPC unconstitutional. The Parliament can simply amend Section 377 itself with a simple majority without amending the Constitution.