Who Do u Think Is World Best Umpire Currently.

CG

Who Do u Think Is World Best Umpire Currently.  

1. 1.

• Ian Gould
    • Aleem Dar
    • K Dharmasena
    • Tony Hill
    • Marais Erasmus
    • Nigel Llong

Dar has made some atrocious decisions but he's generally a really good umpire. Taufel never had good or bad patches though, he was consistently amazing which made him a class above the rest. Dar is pakistani, so you can expect inconsistency :cantstop: but other than that, he's right up their for me after Taufel

I don't think the term good or terrific or fantastic or any other adjective should be used when describing a decision. Only two words should be used, correct and incorrect. Cricket is a joke really, people praising umpires for making correct decisions or what they deem to be tough ones. It's their job to make the correct decision, they get paid a crap load of money to travel around the world see all the action with the best view in the ground and all that's expected in return is for correct decisions to be made.

I don't think the term good or terrific or fantastic or any other adjective should be used when describing a decision. Only two words should be used, correct and incorrect. Cricket is a joke really, people praising umpires for making correct decisions or what they deem to be tough ones. It's their job to make the correct decision, they get paid a crap load of money to travel around the world see all the action with the best view in the ground and all that's expected in return is for correct decisions to be made.
There is human element involved everything. Cricketers are also played to "correct" shots. You do marvel at them "fantastic" shot I don't how you make connection between money and correct decision. Just because you get sh** loads of money you don't become less error prone. Those two decisions looked out in real time for a viewer. For F sake NZ even went for review. But he got it right. Also the conversation between him and third umpire was audible. He said "There was no inside edge but ball didn't do too much to hit the leg stumps". to the third umpire.

Umpiring is such a difficult job. I used to always cry and whinge at an umpire when I felt the decisions did not go my way until I decided to umpire a few matches for my local club last year. It was only then I realised how much of a pressure job it was - every ball you had to concentrate and then make sure you made the right decision every time. After that experience I realised I could never become an umpire because of the pressure and high concentration required for the job. Thats why the more technology for the game the better it will be. The real time sniko in the current Ashes has made a big difference, hence the very little controversy so far.