Chennai Open

Cricketics

Let's go Indians. :) Somdev has been drawn with qualifier in the first round who is unfortunately an Indian. It sucks that Ram K, will have to face Somdev in the first round. One Indian will get knocked out early. Yuki Bhambri playing today. Should be a fun tournament. I expect Wawrinka to win this.

Toughest match of his life is here. Yuki Bhambri plays Fabio Fognini. This guy is an Italian and has been in top 15 in last 1 year. One of the best players in the world right now Fabio Fognini. Also is Leander Paes's partner in doubles here at Chennai. Great test for Yuki. He should go all out and try his best.

Bhambri prevails. He beat world no 16 Fabio Fognini. Fognini retired after playing competitve first set and losing it and later in 2nd set at 5-5, he had sone injury concerns and had to pull out. Great result for Yuki. Best till date albeut it came after oppoaitions retirwment, he still beat him.in the first set. Well done Yuki

Ends. But he had a promising end to the year 2013 and a good start to 2014. This dude will definitely end in top 100 this year or better. I am sure. Remember this. He is going to impress a lot of people this year. I promise you all. I have followed his career really closely. And I know he has reached a really different level. He gets better really fast. If not for injures, he could have reached the level of Bernard Tomic already. Both came around same time. But I am sure this is his breakthrough year. Watch out for him.

Ends. But he had a promising end to the year 2013 and a good start to 2014. This dude will definitely end in top 100 this year or better. I am sure. Remember this. He is going to impress a lot of people this year. I promise you all. I have followed his career really closely. And I know he has reached a really different level. He gets better really fast. If not for injures, he could have reached the level of Bernard Tomic already. Both came around same time. But I am sure this is his breakthrough year. Watch out for him.
lol.. your optimism is not limited to cricket only :-)

Ishkore ?
Lost to Canada's 2nd best and world no. 32 Vasek Pospisil 3-6, 3-6. Got broken early in both sets. Some unforced errors too involved. Better serve and he can be better player. Surely he's working on it. Excited about how he is going to do this year. Now next up for him is the Australian Open Qualifiers. I hope he makes it to main draw after qualifying. He is already in Doubles. But he does mention all the time that Singles is his priority, which is great to hear always.

lol.. your optimism is not limited to cricket only :-)
There is a reason man. He was Junior Australian Champion. Always was special. This guy has been really good man. He has played very less tennis for a 19-20 year old due to injuries, but whenever he turned up to play after huge breaks, he has looked like as he was never injured. So if only he would have played continuously, he would have been at a differe level.