Napier ODI- First game team election

Cricketics

People are talking too much about Pandey. Hope he is able to live up to the hype. Seems to be a bigger star than Rohit Sharma even before arriving.
Talking him up only because its better to try new bowlers than tried and tested failures like Ishant, although I feel Ishant can play ODIs as long as he doesnt bowl at the death. Ishant should never play test matches. Pandey is a tall, 132-138k bowler and relies on swing.
He is a bowler now' date=' who can bat a bit (only a bit).[/quote'] Pls check what he did in the home series against Aus and Eng early this year before commenting on his ODI batting. In Tests, he definitely needs to stay more at the wicket like he does when he gets his triple centuries :)

Depending on the pitches i somehow doubt that Rohit is the man for opening. Its all well and fine he managed a purple patch on pitches during the champions trophy. I will open with Rahane. He appears to be in good touch and India need somebody should can see off the new ball in the first 10.