Australian Open 2014 - Stan Wawrinka beats Rafa in the final

Cricketics

BP conversion has always been Federer's problems over the years. That has what has cost him so many matches against Nadal in the past. He got away with it today but against Nadal it will cost him dear. Heart wants him to win SF but mind says he will be crushed irrespective of Nadal's blister.

but still 17>13 and 300 weeks #1>> 100+ odd weeks :giggle:
I would count a GS achieved by defeating Djoko, Murray and Federer twice than the GS achieved by defeating Davydenko, Nalbandian, Roddick and others. Do the counting and come again. Till then let it be 23-10.:giggle:

Nadal vs Wawrinka final then, unless and I hope for the sake of the sport, Nadal's blister causes him lots of concern. As for Nadal, look at his pre injury and post injury results, do they stack up? No. The guy is a drug abuser and the sooner it's exposed the better.

I would count a GS achieved by defeating Djoko, Murray and Federer twice than the GS achieved by defeating Davydenko, Nalbandian, Roddick and others. Do the counting and come again. Till then let it be 23-10.:giggle:
It's not Fed's fault he was born 5 years before Nadal. How can any Rafa-tard put conditions on Roger's wins in this homogenized era of tennis. Did you see the courts today? They were playing like Monte Carlo. In fact some of the clay courts are producing more aces and shorter rallies than the HCs.

It's not Fed's fault he was bored 5 years before Nadal. How can any Rafa-tard put conditions on Roger's wins in this homogenized era of tennis. Did you see the courts today? They were playing like Monte Carlo. In fact some of the clay courts are producing more aces and shorter rallies than the HCs.
what 5 years. Nadal has been defeating him from the time he (Nadal) turned 22. At that time Federer was 26-17. When you start losing to some player at the age of 26-27, then it is not because you are over the hill, but because you are not as good as. On the other hand, didn't you see Dimitrov hitting 16 Aces and so many service winners?

what 5 years. Nadal has been defeating him from the time he (Nadal) turned 22. At that time Federer was 26-17. When you start losing to some player at the age of 26-27, then it is not because you are over the hill, but because you are not as good as. On the other hand, didn't you see Dimitrov hitting 16 Aces and so many service winners?
Age is a funny thing mate, it's said that as you get older your ablity to run quickly play for longer and hit the ball harder declines. At 27 Fed was on the slide at 22 Nadal was on the rise, the stars for Nadal alligned nicely, not so much for Fed in that sense.

i am a fed fan though i respect nadal,hes a beast,i always thought nadal was sent by tennis god (:P) to stop fed from possibly establishing insane records and maintain a balance in tennis.. what i dont understand is the fight b/w both set of fans where each set tries to downplay the achievements of the other players particularly when both rafa -fed have healthy friendhsip with each other..who are we to downgrade their achievements or few failures.. what u posted above is one of those instance :headshake: even fed's biggest enemy would say he's a treat to the eyes and not downplay those achievements

i am a fed fan though i respect nadal,hes a beast,i always thought nadal was sent by tennis god (:P) to stop fed from possibly establishing insane records and maintain a balance in tennis.. what i dont understand is the fight b/w both set of fans where each set tries to downplay the achievements of the other players particularly when both rafa -fed have healthy friendhsip with each other..who are we to downgrade their achievements or few failures.. what u posted above is one of those instance :headshake: even fed's biggest enemy would say he's a treat to the eyes and not downplay those achievements
You are absolutely right. I have never tried to belittle any of Fed's achievements. I don't believe in the concept of GOAT, just like I don't believe in comparing batsmen from different eras. But when people compare a 13 time GS champion with a one time flukey like Chang, what can you do. lol

Yes.. I would like all opportunities to make it even better :cantstop:
I am not too sure about that. I have never seen him play as bad as yesterday, not on a hard court anyway. The blister and the bandage is really bothering him. On the other hand Federer is playing his best in over one year. I am not confident of a Nadal win here. He is not timing any of his shots and there in no weight behind his shots. Federer would be very tough to beat.