India tour of New Zealand 2014

fineleg

India tour of New Zealand 2014  

1. 1.

• Yes. Dhoni had enough to him. Time to DUMP now.
    • No Way.

I dont think you can blame any of the fast bowlers, all three did thebest job they could only little complaint would against Zak for being too expensive. We all saw on third day even world no 1 and 2 bowler when made to bowl all day will be ineffective and pitch had lot more juice then they had morkel sharing the load atleast in first innings. Three bowlers bowling that many overs in two innings is very very hard I give zak lot of credit in giving his every bit when things became so close and kaptaan had nowhere to go, he ran hard all day.

Hesson calls for green pitches for India Tests

Mike Hesson talks to the press after the announcement of New Zealand's contracted players, Auckland, July 8, 2013 Mike Hesson: "We certainly don't get any favours when we travel, so I'd be disappointed if we provide any at home" © Getty Images Enlarge Related Links Players/Officials: Mike Hesson Series/Tournaments: India in New Zealand Test Series Teams: India | New Zealand Mike Hesson, the New Zealand coach, has called for green pitches when India tours New Zealand in January-February 2014. Hesson said New Zealand don't get "any favours" in terms of pitches when they travel to India, and he would be "disappointed" if the curators do not dish out green seaming tracks for the two Tests in Auckland and Wellington. "We'll back our seamers over anyone's at the moment," Hesson said, according to Fairfax NZ News, while emphasising New Zealand's pitch preferences following a Test in Hamilton against West Indies where the surface was rather dry and spin-friendly. "We know these conditions as a batting group. Our batsmen bat on conditions that nip around in first-class cricket so they're used to it and it can expose your technique if you're not. "I think everyone's aware of the type of surface that we'd like. We've been in India before and they've changed the pitch the day before a game because it wasn't quite as dry as they would like. We certainly don't get any favours when we travel, so I'd be disappointed if we provide any at home." India play New Zealand in two Tests at Eden Park and Basin Reserve between February 6 and 18, following a five-match ODI series in January. On their last tour of New Zealand, in 2009, India won the three-Test series 1-0, registering victory in Hamilton with offspinner Harbhajan Singh taking a second-innings six-for. However, the previous time they visited New Zealand, in 2002, they were presented with tracks that were hardly distinguishable from the lush outfields in Wellington and Hamilton, and failed to score more than 161 in four innings. The Eden Park track, a drop-in pitch, generally offers good carry but isn't a green seamer. Hesson said he was hopeful the ground's new curator, Blair Christiansen, could deliver such a track though. "They're a pretty skilful group up there, they know exactly what needs to be done," he said.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-india-2014/content/current/story/703577.html
I hope they are all green. Would love our team to have a crack at it. I want to relive those games of 2002, with a much better and a sweet memory. Hopefully it will be toughest of tracks. Want our team to be challenged.
those were too much,a lottery imo
I hope they are all green. Would love our team to have a crack at it. I want to relive those games of 2002, with a much better and a sweet memory. Hopefully it will be toughest of tracks. Want our team to be challenged.
I remember waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning and check the score on tv and it always used to be 50/5 or 60/6. :cantstop:
I remember waking up at 5 or 6 in the morning and check the score on tv and it always used to be 50/5 or 60/6. :cantstop:
Bhai mushkil se if my dad forgot to wake me up on time which was 2:30 IST, and I turn on the tv one hour late, I had to open the tv with my heart in the mouth. Let me tell you what used to happen. I woke up late 1 hour before the game started. It's 3:30 am. I try to find my legendary TV(ONIDA r.i.p :pray:) remote. I switch on the tv. Star sports was already the channel set previous night by me so that I don't miss any action. So tv is on, and I see a commercial coming. This makes me go more crazy. Thoughts coming in now in that micro second watching advertisment, that wicket must have fallen since the advertisment is coming. So that commercial run for atleast few seconds. And then, the suspense is over, match is back on after commercial and I see Zaheer Khan walking into bat. India are probably 5 or 6 down. Ticker is reading "India need XX amount of runs to avoid the follow on "

I honestly feel this team has the basics right for playing in seamer friendly conditions. They dont play away from the body and leave lots of balls outside off stump and are patient enough to wait for a scoring opportunity and have the technique to defend and score. More exposure will make them better. Also, a green track would mean our seamers will be lot more effective. So it would be better for the team.

I honestly feel this team has the basics right in playing in seamer friendly conditions. They dont play away from the body and leave lots of balls outside off stump and are patient enough to wait for a scoring opportunity and have the technique to defend and score. More exposure will make them better. Also, a green track would mean our seamers will be lot more effective. So it would be better for the team.
Dhawan n Nohit B->
Dhawan n Nohit B->
Too early. Give them sometime. Especially too Rohit, since his batting order he will eventuallly be forced to leave lot of balls if he wants to continue playing for Indian test team. Regarding Dhawan, he can't be leaving much. He will have to learn to score without leaving much actually and sort things out where he playing those crazy twenty20 shots in test matches. He has scored good 15-20 runs and now he goes for a pull shot and gives away the wicket. This is where he needs to improve. For an opener, he is doing fine by playing shots and giving a start, but you go to play some sensible shots. If he isn't letting the ball go, it's all right, but atleast change your twenty20 mode a bit. He got it all. Just got to relax a bit.