'Hopefully I'll get one more chance' - Sehwag

CG

Virender Sehwag reached his 50 off 31 balls, Delhi Daredevils v Mumbai Indians, IPL, Delhi, April 21, 2013 Virender Sehwag is hoping Delhi Daredevils will buy him back in the forthcoming IPL auction © BCCI Enlarge Related Links News : Daredevils don't retain any players Players/Officials: Virender Sehwag Teams: India Virender Sehwag, who has been out of the Indian team since early 2013, has said he still has hopes of making a comeback into the national side. Sehwag's last Test for India was against Australia in March 2013, while he last played an ODI in January 2013 against Pakistan. Sehwag's recent form has also been poor. In 10 first-class matches this season, Sehwag scored 279 runs at an average of 19.92 with one fifty. The numbers include his Ranji Trophy performances for Delhi - 234 runs in seven matches at 19.50. "I am still practising [the big shots]," Sehwag told NDTV. "Everybody wants to play for India and the youngsters are playing well. They are good players and they are scoring runs but I am trying hard, I am working hard on my skills and cricket. Hopefully I will get one more chance before I retire. "From my point of view, yes, they are playing well and doing well, so all the best to them. What I can do is I can train hard. I can go out there and play first-class matches and play club-level tournaments and try to score runs. That I can control, but I can't control other things like selection." The batsman also hoped Delhi Daredevils, his IPL franchise over the previous six years, would buy him back in the forthcoming auction. Daredevils did not retain any of its players before the auction, the only franchise to do so, and will go into the auction with a full purse of Rs 600 million (approx US$9.6 million) and three right-to-match cards. "I am going to the auction in the IPL and anybody can buy me. If somebody will buy me and Gautam [Gambhir] is there, or some other international cricketer is there, I'll get a chance to play along with them," Sehwag said. "It's a good opportunity for the franchises, they have the option of buying big players and we are available. I am hoping the same team will buy me. Let's see what happens in the auction." © ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/711975.html

Will you guys please stop this eye sight, age,fitness bla bla bla rubbish. He is one of the greatest openers we ever had and definitely the greatest in the last decade. Once is a generation players like him deserve much more chances before discarded. Watching Rohit and Dhawan is painful. Please please bring back Gambhir - Viru jodi in ODI's. :protest:

Lol no...it was not. Sehwag was one of the best to watch. His wanabe (Dhawan) is rubbish
Before they were dropped. They were not setting the world on fire even at home. At least, these giye did well at home and in CT and WI before that and those have not done much since then specially Sehwag.