The evolution of Corey Anderson

cricketman

NZ has produced such freak hitters over the years. Cairns, Greatbatch (albeit just the world cup), Styris, Oram, Lou Vincent, McCullum, Shane Thomson, Astle. Even Southee hit 7 sixes in a test i think. McMillan, Taylor big hitters as well. They are big six hitters. They know the angles in NZ. They use it brilliantly.

I am not so sure if we will do justice by comparing him to all these hitters. I mean Chris Cairns was probably the freakiest of all, but man this guy's clean hitting ability, I am trying to look around the whole world and cannot find anybody who stands and delivers from the crease like he is doing. 2 other people who used to do that are - Gilchrist and Sehwag, even Sehwag was not a big hitter in ODIs. Of course I'll reserve my judgement for a while, but the fact that ODIs are going to be played on good hitting surfaces where the ball will come on to the bat, he is going to be successful more often than not. Not sure if the small grounds are helping him, but I am amazed at his ability to clear the field with ease.

I am not so sure if we will do justice by comparing him to all these hitters. I mean Chris Cairns was probably the freakiest of all, but man this guy's clean hitting ability, I am trying to look around the whole world and cannot find anybody who stands and delivers from the crease like he is doing. 2 other people who used to do that are - Gilchrist and Sehwag, even Sehwag was not a big hitter in ODIs. Of course I'll reserve my judgement for a while, but the fact that ODIs are going to be played on good hitting surfaces where the ball will come on to the bat, he is going to be successful more often than not. Not sure if the small grounds are helping him, but I am amazed at his ability to clear the field with ease.
your challenge comes against good attacks, bigger grounds, turning wickets etc. I am talking how NZ batsmen can hit the ball fair distance in NZ. Luke Ronchi is also diong that here. But in India he couldn't do that.
NZ needs someone like Greatbatch, he was fine for them during the time you guys hosted 1992 world cup. Someone who can score with authority and teach the opposition and let them know that "HELL. YOU ARE PLAYING IN MY COUNTRY." If Corey Anderson can do this, NZ is going to be one of the favorties to reach all the way to Melbourne final. Infact, I know they will do go. I expect McCullum, who has been pretty silent of late, to find form when the big tournament comes around. Ross and Brandon will be the best bats for NZ.