Varun Aaron in the ODIs

G_B_

For me personally he looked a bit rusty today. To be expected IMO. But he was constantly in the 140 plus region and was sort of bowling within himself. Ie i thought at full tilt could bowl in the late 140s. But i am very disappointed in the way Dhoni handled him today. I thought that rather than bowling nearly 13 overs of spin on the trot we should have attacked with Varun after 10 overs at one end. We let that guptill-williamson partnership build. For me Varun needs to take the new ball than be first change. I would hold back BK and Shami and Sir for the death overs.

Way more matured than Shami but Bhuvi can be a handy bat while setting a target.
Bhuvi with the bat disappoints me. In ODIs imo Bhuvi is no good. In test matches he has the technique to block and a sound defence. Aaron has the built to smash the ball around which is ideally suited for these pitches.

It was his first match back, nerves, possibility of being benched if not impressing. He bowled with good pace, at times kept things tight. He was unlucky at times because the ground was so small. That chance that dhoni went for could have been a wicket. He is the type of bowler you want. Runs in, confident, aggresive, fearless. Not erratic, bowled consistent yorkers. Could tell NZ had some trouble facing him. I can bet that if he was allowed to bowl full and straight yorkers the tail would have been out cheaply. Instead, b kumar got the ball which is understandable but you need wickets. Same trio of pacers need to play in 4th odi, or what message does that send? New ball bowling simply needs to be tighter. Really good comeback from 181/1 to almost 289 all out.

aaron is a partnership breaker and predominantly a death bowler,he should be bowled in the BPP and the death ovrs,he is a 1st change bower..i am not that confident of shami,bhuvi bowling at the end like aaron..aaron will definitely find his rhythm come 4th odi

^ i am sorry but he looks nothing like zaheer. aaron to me is a hit the deck bowler who bowls about 10k faster than zaheer who relies on swing. As far as bowling at death goes, fair enough point taken. Its maybe just a case of getting some games under his belt.

^ i am sorry but he looks nothing like zaheer. aaron to me is a hit the deck bowler who bowls about 10k faster than zaheer who relies on swing. As far as bowling at death goes, fair enough point taken. Its maybe just a case of getting some games under his belt.
I am not comparing bowling styles here. According to me, he is the sort of player that loves to take responsibilities. He can be the next leader of Indian pace attack after Zaheer khan and Ishant Sharma(:winky:).

He was pretty accurate to be called rusty though. I can remember only 2 real poor balls, one a half volley on legs went for boundary and another a short and wide, an attempted bouncer, went for boundary. He needs to improve his consistency of hitting right length.