Varun Aaron in the ODIs

G_B_

Agree to your point that we should have something along the lines of development camp. We do have the NCA wherein the chosen cricketers get training in a well developed training centre.However' date=' it is not exactly the Indian A team squad.There are lots of youngsters.We should have a training camp for our next 11. iirc there was a A tour to South Africa where Chet scored well. Similarly BCCI should add the A tours for England, especially in May when there is more challenge for the batsmen.I also remember that two Indian bowlers were sent to Australia to develop their skills.That was probably about 2 years back ? Don't remember the names of those two bowlers though.This should specifically happen to the development squad, no doubt it will help a lot.[/quote'] Thing is NCA is nothing more than a rehab center at this point and there are no good coaches available there.
Thing is NCA is nothing more than a rehab center at this point and there are no good coaches available there.
Praveen Kumar and Dhawal Kulkarni are undergoing rehabilitation there after the injuries they sustained. They can continue mor etime there as their Ranji teams are out of the finals. However, it's just not a rehabilitation center.Two preparatory camps for Our U-19 team's were held there last year. Politics has happened at NCA. Kapil was suspended after he played a role in promotion of Indian Cricket League. Last year few bowling coaches were removed and a couple of other coaches resigned for various reasons. I don't think we have found replacement for the batting coach. At least they have a fielding coach there.More physiotherapist staff there though, which is why you might have referred it as a rehab center.

Performance at domestic level cannot be the only parameter for picking pacers suitable for international cricket. Pace is perhaps the first thing that the selectors look for. Pacers who are either accurate or can move the ball or can take wickets, along with having PACE .... are the first choices. Those seamers who get steep bounce or can move the ball exceptionally , are given some preference too. In a nutshell .... PERFORMANCE OF THOSE PACERS WHO HAVE POTENTIAL TO SUCCEED AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL , ARE CONSIDERED. This is how the selectors of any country operate, even Indian selectors.

Dhoni On Aaron About Aaron, well, he needs to play a few more games and find consistency in his line and length. Also, if he is bowling at 140-145 km/hr, he needs to bowl two bouncers every over, irrespective of where he is playing. This is something we want our bowlers to understand. More than pace, the height of the bouncer is very important. So far in this series, we have used bouncers more than often and got some success as well. http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ravindra-jadeja-just-needs-to-get-his-thinking-right-mahendra-singh-dhoni/
Dhoni is recognising the importance of pace and bounce at last. That is a plus for me. I hope he does not forget this approach if his pacers get hit in a couple of matches. A bowler like Bhuvi will be more successful if we can use someone like Aaron as an aggressive fast bowler. In most conditions , sufficient movement is not available and pace , bounce and accuracy have to be combined to take wickets. Shami, Aaron and Bhuvi can be a nice combination for LOIs. The combination has the ability to succeed under various conditions. Pandey backup for Shami or BK. Umesh backup for Aaron. Shami, Umesh and Aaron/ Pandey is the preferred combination in tests for me. Aaron's fitness to last throughout the tests , has to be gauged too.
have aaron in mind for england tests' date=' but more pacers we have who can get the job done the better. dont want shami injured so he should be rested after this tour, have him in asia cup squad and t20 squad but rest him in a few games.[/quote'] True. Shami looks like our best pacer and should be handled properly. He should not be overworked. He did feel some discomfort in the first ODI. Resting him in a few less important matches is not a bad idea.
Dhoni is recognising the importance of pace and bounce at last. That is a plus for me. I hope he does not forget this approach if his pacers get hit in a couple of matches. A bowler like Bhuvi will be more successful if we can use someone like Aaron as an aggressive fast bowler. In most conditions , sufficient movement is not available and pace , bounce and accuracy have to be combined to take wickets. Shami, Aaron and Bhuvi can be a nice combination for LOIs. The combination has the ability to succeed under various conditions. Pandey backup for Shami or BK. Umesh backup for Aaron. Shami, Umesh and Aaron/ Pandey is the preferred combination in tests for me. Aaron's fitness to last throughout the tests , has to be gauged too.
These all bowlers u mentioned are best we have got I hope they are kept close to team and developed even when they are not playing at least under this selection committee we have got rid of non performers very quickly unlike before Ishant is exception but even he was dropped and again will be
These all bowlers u mentioned are best we have got I hope they are kept close to team and developed even when they are not playing at least under this selection committee we have got rid of non performers very quickly unlike before Ishant is exception but even he was dropped and again will be
That is the key. We will develop good bowlers if we do this with those having potential.
I hope he gets an extended run. I liked the Indian pace attack the other day. BK 130-135 Shami >135 and Aaron 140 plus. Ie there was variety in pace.
What I like about this combo in LOIs Shami - A pacer who combines pace with movement ..... swing, seam and reverse. Can be accurate when he wants. He is a genuine wicket taker. Has excellent seam position. Aaron - He is an out and out fast bowler. Can be used to soften batsmen with pace and bounce. He is quite accurate too. Combination of pace and accuracy can be lethal. He is wicket taker too. Bhuvi - He is so economical. Can take wickets when the ball is swinging. Then, his main strength of new ball swing can be utilized. This combination can succeed under various conditions as they have different skillsets. There are 2 bowlers with pace , two bowlers with extra movement, 2 bowlers with wicket taking ability, economy, accuracy etc. All have the potential to bowl yorkers.Only extra bounce is missing although Aaron can provide it to a large extent. This group can complement each other.
What I like about this combo in LOIs Shami - A pacer who combines pace with movement ..... swing, seam and reverse. Can be accurate when he wants. He is a genuine wicket taker. Has excellent seam position. Aaron - He is an out and out fast bowler. Can be used to soften batsmen with pace and bounce. He is quite accurate too. Combination of pace and accuracy can be lethal. He is wicket taker too. Bhuvi - He is so economical. Can take wickets when the ball is swinging. Then, his main strength of new ball swing can be utilized. This combination can succeed under various conditions as they have different skillsets. There are 2 bowlers with pace , two bowlers with extra movement, 2 bowlers with wicket taking ability, economy, accuracy etc. All have the potential to bowl yorkers.Only extra bounce is missing although Aaron can provide it to a large extent. This group can complement each other.
This is one of the best combination we have had for death bowling too None of them would go for 30 runs like ishant did :giggle:
This is one of the best combination we have had for death bowling too None of them would go for 30 runs like ishant did :giggle:
We have a very good trio in Shami-Bhuv-Aaron but they have to be utilized properly. How weird would it sound if you have Steyn, Morkel + an other good one on a fast track but you bowl R.Peterson in the 12th over? The ball being only 5 overs old in ODIs.
We have a very good trio in Shami-Bhuv-Aaron but they have to be utilized properly. How weird would it sound if you have Steyn, Morkel + an other good one on a fast track but you bowl R.Peterson in the 12th over? The ball being only 5 overs old in ODIs.
On that track it would not have mattered tbh It had nothing for quick bowlers and ball was not exactly swigging but in South Africa umesh was swinging the ball u even told me beat kock in 2 overs he bowled so that's where I was frustrated Also problem is not how early spinners bowl but for how long they bowl in tandem also the situation.. I want Indian captain to bring shami in as soon as wicket falls so can he build more pressure and get batsman out before he sets this is where we lose matches in middle overs:cantstop: Bowling spinner at one end early won't be issue if fast bowlers are leaking and u want control but dhoni takes it to extreme but bowling spinners for very long spells and then bringing Raina ..u will notice there are always huge top order partnerships cos of this even if hey score at 5 rpo which keeps dhoni happy and in the end score is 200 for 2 :((
Crowe on cricinfo said Dhoni needs to double the number of bowling changes.interesting point:hmmm: