Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Look all i am asking for is India reach 45 plus in 10 overs on these flat pitches. average score at the ground yesterday was 300. Its not asking for the world to reach 45 plus runs when the field is up and the ground is a postage stamp

Our one day laurels were always because of the blasting opening that we got from Sachin and Sehwag for the past 15 years. You accept or not' date=' unless we are going to get any such openers again, we will suck for sure baring the matches played on indian highwats where even Venkatesh Prasad would score a 50 at S.R. 100.[/quote'] Sehwag gave blasting opening in ODIs only on roads in SC. He averaged low 20s in Eng/Aus/SA. :cantstop: He did well in NZ previously but this bowling attack is entirely different and much better. They have also prepared tracks with extra bounce this time around and have bowled short as a strategy against Indian batsmen. He would have struggled here.
Sehwag gave blasting opening in ODIs only on roads in SC. He averaged low 20s in Eng/Aus/SA. :cantstop: He did well in NZ previously but this bowling attack is entirely different and much better. They have also prepared tracks with extra bounce this time around and have bowled short as a strategy against Indian batsmen. He would have struggled here.
I was not talking about Sehwag alone. Check the other name that we had along with Sehwag. Then, even at pattas, your current openers (especially Nohit) was just a sh!t :finger:. Since it was our pattas, Kohli was fail proof. Leave aside Sachin. Atleast Sehwag was dependable for a blast at pattas.

People crediting his late surge to make up for the slow start isn't looking at the fact that because of this slow starts, the pressure mounts on the other end/the other player. Despite Dhawan scoring at a 100+ SR, we score at below 4-5 RPO because the marauder from the twin city of talent would be busy with his macho leaves, scoring at a SR of 12. You could see Dhawan over-attacking at times. If people did watch the first 10 overs, you could see Kohli trying to attack unlike Rohit who was merrily leaving the ball and defending it. He went for the short one, as he probably had no assurance from the other end. Rahane's shot was solely his fault. And most Indian openers took singles. Even the Gambhir-Sehwag duo did so. Rohit reminds me of that hack Charles with that one gear approach. Block or slog.

20/2 could be 50/5 in quick time putting the middle order under further pressure. The approach of Kohli and Rahane to go for pulls for head high balls without settling down looked more an ego problem. Cant blame Rohit for those dismissals. Dhoni has repeatedly talked about saving wickets for last 15 overs where teams can scored 130-140 runs.

Virender Sehwag/Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh..untill and unless we dont find replacements to the names i mentioned, we will continue to lose and lose badly in overseas conditions. Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Rayudu, Stuart Binny, Ishanth Sharma, Amit Mishra, Suresh Raina, are all passengers in this Indian team, and i dont see them playing in that 2015 worldcup, if they do, then our chances are DOOMED, BCCI will be well off flexing muscles and pulling out rather than going to an ICC event with this third graded team.

Virender Sehwag/Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh..untill and unless we dont find replacements to the names i mentioned, we will continue to lose and lose badly in overseas conditions. Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Rayudu, Stuart Binny, Ishanth Sharma, Amit Mishra, Suresh Raina, are all passengers in this Indian team, and i dont see them playing in that 2015 worldcup, if they do, then our chances are DOOMED, BCCI will be well off flexing muscles and pulling out rather than going to an ICC event with this third graded team.
like we did not lose with them overseas.
like we did not lose with them overseas.
Sehwag use to provide explosive starts, he use to put pressure on the opposition even before the ball was bowled, and now you tell me, as an opposition opening bowler, do you wanna bowl at sehwag who would shatter your confidence within a span of few deliveres or a Sharma who will take 25 to 30 deliveries to get going ? Zaheer was a leader of the attack, the entire bowling line up used to look up to him when the going would get tough. Less i talk of Yuvraj the better, the guy is in an All time ODI XI of most former cricketers and experts.
Take the cameo of Viru in the WC SF. He shook the whole Paki line up with that start. Had it been Rohit' date=' we would have lost Tendulkar and Gambhir in no time trying to up the RR.[/quote'] Not taking anything away from Sehwag in that innings but Rohit also scored a 200 in India. So you can't just say he would have scored at a slow rate. When you play in some conditions, the new ball does a bit where you need to play cautiously. He doesn't play slowly up front all the time.
Virender Sehwag/Sachin Tendulkar' date= Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh..untill and unless we dont find replacements to the names i mentioned, we will continue to lose and lose badly in overseas conditions. Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Rayudu, Stuart Binny, Ishanth Sharma, Amit Mishra, Suresh Raina, are all passengers in this Indian team, and i dont see them playing in that 2015 worldcup, if they do, then our chances are DOOMED, BCCI will be well off flexing muscles and pulling out rather than going to an ICC event with this third graded team.
With these names, we lost in SA in 2001, vs NZ in 2002, in VB series in Aus in 2003-04, the Videocon Cup in Eng in 2004, in CT in 2004, vs Eng in 2004, vs WI in 2006, vs SA in 2006-07..the list is long. In fact between 2000-2007 (till WC) only two series we won outside India was in WI in 2002 and the Natwest Trophy in 2002. Takes time to build a new team especially a team in transition. In fact in an earlier era, a series loss in NZ with a young team would have been acceptable lol
Not taking anything away from Sehwag in that innings but Rohit also scored a 200 in India. So you can't just say he would have scored at a slow rate. When you play in some conditions, the new ball does a bit where you need to play cautiously. He doesn't play slowly up front all the time.
Agreed but the conditions in NZ were easy to bat on. Very easy infact. What we lacked were good starts and NZ usually got it from Guptill and Ryder.
Agreed but the conditions in NZ were easy to bat on. Very easy infact. What we lacked were good starts and NZ usually got it from Guptill and Ryder.
Nevermind the type of bowlers they faced.....imagine Kohli facing our own bowlers. He would literally be Bradman and average 100 plus :giggle: