Davis Cup - India vs Chinese Taipei

Cricketics

India begins their Davis Cup Campaign to regain it's World Group slot tomorrow Here's the schedule. A very young team. Let's go India. dia vs Chinese Taipei,Indore ( Outdoor Hard) Day One [M1] Yuki Bhambri (IND,173) vs Yang Tsung-Hua (TPE,216) [M2] Somdev Devvarman (IND,103) vs Ti Chen (TPE,284) Day Two [M3] Rohan Bopanna (IND)/ Saketh Myneni (IND) vs Hsien-Yin Peng (TPE)/ Hsin-Han Lee (TPE) Day Three [M4] Somdev Devvarman (IND,103) vs Yang Tsung-Hua (TPE,216) [M5] Yuki Bhambri (IND,173) vs Ti Chen (TPE,284)

Who was the Taipei-an who beat Andy Roddick at SW19 a few years ago? A Rod had Mononucleosis at the time. I miss him :(
You talking about Hsuan Lu, who is also plays doubles with Yuki Bhambri at times. He is brilliant player just I think out of the the chinese davis cup team because of injury. I miss Roddick. He didn't play top 10 tennis in last year or two of his carere, but the tour misses him. Tennis was more fun when he was around with his sense of humor and some shot making. He could never finish the line but he was always an exciting player to watch regardless of the opponent. I don't say this because he is American and I am a big American tennis fan, it's just that he was special.

You talking about Hsuan Lu, who is also plays doubles with Yuki Bhambri at times. He is brilliant player just I think out of the the chinese davis cup team because of injury. I miss Roddick. He didn't play top 10 tennis in last year or two of his carere, but the tour misses him. Tennis was more fun when he was around with his sense of humor and some shot making. He could never finish the line but he was always an exciting player to watch regardless of the opponent. I don't say this because he is American and I am a big American tennis fan, it's just that he was special.
I agree about Roddick , he was good to watch .

how old is Saketh Myneni ? any one seen him play ?
26 year old. I think he recently got out of college tennis. I saw him play on one of the webstreams of challenge event on USTA website. His serve is good and he is a terrific challenge level player. Still has long way to go before he can turn pro though. He needs to have some big wins to get his ranking up. I want to watch more of him though.

I miss Roddick. He didn't play top 10 tennis in last year or two of his carere, but the tour misses him. Tennis was more fun when he was around with his sense of humor and some shot making. He could never finish the line but he was always an exciting player to watch regardless of the opponent. I don't say this because he is American and I am a big American tennis fan, it's just that he was special.
Totally- he gets a lot of unfair stick too. Press conferences could be good fun. Yes he was pretty limited player but he was always working to improve his game and the fact that he consistently top 10 for close to 8 or 9 years says as much. He retired at the right time though, he could never cope with the new generation of sluggers. He was/is probably my favourite sportsperson. Im sure he is enjoying retirement with Mrs Roddick

it's coming live on Dd sports for anyyone in India. We just won first set in the doubles match. Bopanna/Myneni looking good to put India on to victory. If we win this, we will win this davis cup round as we will go 3-0 up. Then we can try to play Ram K, a young prospect, in the dead rubber match.

We won 5-0 :) We have qualified for 2nd round and will play South Korea in April. If we win that, we will directly go into World Group Play offs. Can't wait for the tie against Korea. We have a chance to make it to playoffs guys and then WORLD GROUP. But 1 thing at at a time. Come on India.