'I'm really looking forward to playing this season's IPL' - Varun Aaron

saneindian

Having missed the previous edition due to a back injury, Indian paceman Varun Aaron has said all the fitness issues are behind him and he will be part of the players' auction for the upcoming IPL season. The young quick from Jharkhand was part of Indian team that lost 0-4 to New Zealand in the recent ODI series. He was among the wickets in each of the three matches that he played and also clocked 150kmph during the series. "I'm really looking forward to playing this season's IPL, especially after having to watch in agony from the sidelines last year," said the 24-year-old Aaron. "The only reason my name was not in the initial IPL auction list was simply down to some paper work. That’s all cleared up now." Aron also said he was more than pleased with the manner in which his body has coped with the workload since his return from a niggling back injury. "I think the Ranji Trophy season and now the series in New Zealand have shown that my physical issues of the past are behind me," he said. Having earned a spot in the Rest of India squad which will take on newly crowned Ranji Trophy champions Karnataka on February 9, Aaron is focussed on making the most of every outing to be match-sharp. "There's certainly a lot of cricket before the IPL and every opportunity that comes my way before that will prove extremely useful in further sharpening my bowling," he said.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/slide-show/slide-show-1-im-really-looking-forward-to-playing-this-seasons-ipl/20140205.htm#1 lol he got a lot of praise for initially not putting his name for the auction. Has trolled everyone :giggle: Hopefully he gets into a good team and does well :two_thumbs_up:

^ i dont know abt aaron, maybe he has his feet on the ground. But ppl underestimate the effect of huge-money induced ennui that stifles hunger to go upto Test level. Like i said may not affect aaron, dunno, but ipl will affect some especially when these millions come at age of 20-23 before they (indian middle class) know how to handle such excess Give them such rewards for Test success. But here they are throwing money in millions for hit-and-giggle tamasha!!

One player who i feel it did affect was Robin Uttappa. I remember him putting on so much weight after his move to mumbai indians for big money in the 2nd ipl team. That india side which won in 2007 was a young side. It just did not go on to dominate the format as it should have. The likes of RP Singh who bowled like a champion in that tournament heavily regressed.

Uthappa's weight issue was a medical condition. From an old interview

The one about his weight, however, is not so well known. At the age of 10, an attack of epilepsy meant he had to take steroid medication for three-and-a-half years. It slowed his metabolism and made him susceptible to putting on weight, leading to a life-long battle against the bulge. Things haven't changed much. Uthappa is still battling the same perceptions. "I need not only to be fit but also to look fit," he says. "If I don't train for a week, I put on four kilos. You can imagine what happens if I don't train for a month. Post-IPL I was 85kgs. I went into surgery [for a shoulder injury] at 89 kilos." After surgery he didn't train for 21 days. He started rehab at 95 kilos.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/475493.html