Asia Cup 2014

StriKe

We shouldn't over complicate this. Pick your best 11 players, then pick the captain. Dhoni is not in the best 11. Pick Kohli as captain. Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Is it time to split? Why not let Dhoni skipper the LOI team till the WC 2015 and relieve him test duties? That would refresh him, reduce his work-load and let him focus in the format he is good at. In the meanwhile, the new skipper, Kohli or Pujara and begin moulding the test team. What do you say?

Yep I agree ... Dhoni is one of our best, if not our best, ODI batsmen. He deserves his place there. Keep Dhoni as ODI and T20 captain and Kohli as Test captain and bring either Karthik or Saha in as Test keeper. I'd pick Kohli over Pujara as captain purely because I feel Kohli has the slight edge in terms of mental toughness. Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Throw him the in the fire. If he is captaincy material he will survive. After all' date= he is a fierce character. If he cares about winning, he will do better than Jharkhandi.
++ Wish more people understood this. This whole idea of 'easing' someone into batting/bowling/captaincy is so much against the spirit of sports.
Tbf despite what the result suggest. This has been nothing like 0-8. We were favourites to win the Jo'burg test. Rain killed our advantage in Durban after we got a great start. In NZ 1st test we almost pulled off a miracle, while the 2nd we should've won inside 3 days.
How much would you stretch the luck card? Out of all these tests, shouldn't we have won at least 1?
Throw him the in the fire. If he is captaincy material he will survive. After all' date= he is a fierce character. If he cares about winning, he will do better than Jharkhandi.
++++ And no, no one is expecting Kohli to turn things around quickly and expect him to win both the series or even draw. All we expect is the captains give a damn about winning and players are held accountable for their performances. Tbh even I was of thought that Dhoni should get a chance with a new-look team during 2011-12 debacle. But the team has changed, captaincy still remains stale. How long do we keep pushing it?

Have we made a mistake by dropping Raina for Asia cup? He avgs. 70+ in Bangladesh where the Asia cup will be played. We all know he has weakness against bounce and recently going through a lean form. But the Asia cup will be played in Subcontinent and Raina is a beast of a batsman in these conditions. Have we made a mistake by dropping Raina for Asia cup?

Well we will need o decide what is more important, Asia cup or a better Indian team. He may win you the Asia Cup with great performances, which could make it difficult for the selectors to drop him for overseas assignments that are coming up. We all know what will happen there. Unless we field different teams based on the where we play, we are better off without him. Lt him fix his problems against the short ball, until that time we are better off without him.

Raina is good in SC, but we don't have to regret the call taken. I just hope we will get a better Raina after a couple of tournaments without him. He is a very hard working cricketer and gives his 100% on the field. Its just his shortcoming against the short ball that makes him vulnerable outside the SC. But in SC, he is pretty good at No. 5, takes the responsibility of finishing games. So again, will we miss him? Well, certainly in SC conditions, yes, but we need to look beyond him for a couple of series and let him recoup. He will come out as a better player I am sure :nice:

I got to say, I never ever hear an australian/english/saffer fan ask for dropping their player because they blow in the subcontinent. Strange mutation of inferiority complex.
They would if they blow to such an extent and for such a long time. Most people who struggle in sub-continent, usually do it in one single country and not India/Pak/SL/Bangladesh combined