California Wildfire.

Lurker

Seems to be really bad situation and getting worse progressively. You Californites are all safe I hope. Is anyone close to the impacted area? Any immediate danger? I know Gator lives in San Diego area..you okay mate? How about the others?
I live about 30-40 miles from a couple of the fires. Smell is terrible and air is unbreathable, soot and ashes all over everything. Google Maps has a live fire map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=117631292961056724014.00043d0e9ca465cefeeed&ll=35.960223,-117.443848&spn=4.827737,8.876953&z=7

I live about 30-40 miles from a couple of the fires. Smell is terrible and air is unbreathable, soot and ashes all over everything. Google Maps has a live fire map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=117631292961056724014.00043d0e9ca465cefeeed&ll=35.960223,-117.443848&spn=4.827737,8.876953&z=7
Thanks for the map Aditi! It seems worse than I thought. Any idea if it is getting towards Orange County/Lake Forest area? I have a couple of friends but thus far they have all been acting macho :confused_smile: Be careful.

Thanks for the map Aditi! It seems worse than I thought. Any idea if it is getting towards Orange County/Lake Forest area? I have a couple of friends but thus far they have all been acting macho :confused_smile: Be careful.
Yeah there is a fire currently burning in the Lake Forest area. I hope everyone there is safe.

That's 1000s of acres. Any idea how/if the eco-system gets back those forests or they are gone for good?
I doubt there was much eco-system to start with CA. Most of the vegetation was dead trees and plants, ripe for fire. Of course once it started it could move to an area with live vegetation, more so with the hefty winds blowing. The irony is that the area where it started - Malibu - is so freaking close to sea. Gazillion gallons of water and still nothing can be done. Mother Nature :pray::pray:

That's 1000s of acres. Any idea how/if the eco-system gets back those forests or they are gone for good?
We only got fifth of the normal amount of rainfall this year (not that we get much rainfall to begin with). That coupled with the record summer highs dried out all the vegetation making it perfect fuel for a fire. This time of the year is commonly known as "wildfire season", this year is like the season 4 years ago.