Delhi looking ordinary again for the IPL-7 season

Switchblade

on the contrary they are a very good team on paper...if the indian players are in good form, they can do very well. a successful ipl team, relies on indian players and emerging indi players. delhi has it...it also has the best india bowler..excellent foreign players...only a experienced foreign pace bowler is missing(ryan harris?).. last year apart from sehwag , delhi lacked enough of these players what more do you want.
Vijay is a gamble for me plus both Manoj and Sourabh Tiwary as middle order batsman not convinced with these picks. Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk

Vijay is a gamble for me plus both Manoj and Sourabh Tiwary as middle order batsman not convinced with these picks.
Vijay has played some very important knocks for csk..in the years csk won , his contributions mattered a lot.. he has been a top ipl scorer before manoj tiwary is a seasoned player now..he is a comeback man hence a bit unknown...but he is mature enough to handle issues saurabh has struck form this ranji season and scored a double hundred vs Mumbai at a 80+ strike rate..he is also maturing only their form is the variable here.. understand a senior indian player(atleast by FC and age) makes or breaks a IPL team...(this should answer all the redundant comments about why this much crore for karthik or yuvraj) you require two or three batsmen to be top 10 run getters around 115+ strike rate to be a top team for the season...don't be fooled by outward impressions of hitters and all that a batsman scoring a 70 or 80 does a lot of damage in t20 as well.that's the engine for wins

And its not as if there's a dearth of keepers. De Kock is a keeper' date=' seriously why did they need to spend that much on DK purely as a batsman? He was fairly consistent last time around though.[/quote'] Exactly what i was thinking, De Kock should have been their keeper. DK is a criminal waste of money.

Delhi looking ordinary again for the IPL-7 season I'm ok with this but feel that we don't have a great leader in the side. VS has been costing us games and he is undropable which means that we get stuck with him. Bowling looks a little weak but yadav didn't do any wonders so it probably wasn't worth spending too much money on him. Overall it seems that franchises are willing to pay a lot of money for decent players who are not playing international cricket. I suppose the reason is that they are less likely to be injured or tired, plus they can start preparing for IPL a little earlier.

:cantstop:Dd might surprise us....the heat between Vijay and dk might produce the fuel to charge them....ipl is definitely the guys soap opera....me likey
Dk surely would not be asking his new gf/wife to go to stadiums or be anywhere near the team.

I am sad that ishant still stayed at sunrises if rcb would have got him he would have got to work with venky or even dd he would have got eric simmons and ta shekar.
O bhai, Venky uski zindagi nahi badal dega in few weeks of IPL. Let him stay around Dale Steyn. Atlest ek mahine ke alteast he will bowl with passion after seein Steyn bowl.

O bhai' date=' Venky uski zindagi nahi badal dega in few weeks of IPL. Let him stay around Dale Steyn. Atlest ek mahine ke alteast he will bowl with passion after seein Steyn bowl.[/quote'] He was the one under whom he improved his seam position and bowled the best ,so i was hoping he would do it again.Ishant is such an idiot that he things everything is all right with his bowling so he will never go to anyone like his previous coach may be because of ego .

He was the one under whom he improved his seam position and bowled the best ' date='so i was hoping he would do it again.Ishant is such an idiot that he things everything is all right with his bowling so he will never go to anyone like his previous coach may be because of ego .[/quote'] I don't think he thinks that. He must have realized now that he isn't going to get picked after these shyt performances. Now that he has been dropped, he would understand it. He's not in Asia cup and worldt20 and rightly so. So I am glad he would have that in back of his mind. But still surprised he made so much.

bowling attack is weak. except for shami nobody else is good. All look like allrounders to me
We need to bid for some Indian domestic bowlers now since we can't afford to play more than 4 overseas players, most likely all of them will be bats or 1 of them as a bowler. I hope we can get Brad hogg though. This dude is so good in twenty20.