Delhi Daredevils -IPL 2014 Official thread

Switchblade

Can domestic players turn Delhi Daredevils around? http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Can-domestic-players-turn-Delhi-Daredevils-around/articleshow/31687925.cms Delhi Daredevils finished dead last in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the previous season due to a combination of various factors. One of the chief reasons for the debacle was the failure of domestic cricketers. Players like Unmukt Chand, Bharat Chipli, CM Gautham, Manprit Juneja, Naman Ojha, Pawan Negi and Siddharth Kaul all got at least one game in IPL 6 but failed miserably. For IPL 7, the team decided to start with a clean slate at the auction. There were emotions at play and the sole focus has been to get back to winning ways. As a result, the Daredevils, although they are based out of Delhi have only one player from the state in Milind Kumar. The focus has been on quality domestic players who can be match-winners in their own right. Manoj Tiwary (Rs 2.8 cr), Kedar Jadhav (Rs 2 cr), Mayank Agarwal (Rs 1.6 cr), Saurabh Tiwary (Rs 70 lakh), Rahul Sharma (Rs 1.9 cr), Laxmi Ratan Shukla (Rs 1.5 cr) and Jaydev Unadkat (Rs 2.8 cr) might not be home-grown players but are proven performers in the Indian domestic circuit. Karnataka opener Mayank has been a regular in the Royal Challengers Bangalore outfit in the last couple of seasons and has the experience of opening with the likes of Chris Gayle. "IPL is a big stage for all of us. We get the opportunity of playing with top-class international players and interact with them on a daily basis," Mayank told TOI. "There's only one thing on your mind when you open the batting with Gayle — don't get him run-out at any cost! It's so easy with him at the other end as the bowlers are only focused on getting him out," the 23-year-old from Bangalore said. Another big buy for the Daredevils was the prolific Maharashtra batsmen Kedar Jadhav. The middle-order bat topped the run-scoring charts in Ranji Trophy this year with 1,223 runs in 11 games with six tons. No stranger to the Delhi set-up, Jadhav feels that the management this time has gone for 'in-form' talent. "We look like a good squad this year. The management have planned well and picked quality players in good form. Performance-wise in the IPL, I don't think foreigners have out-shown the domestic players and the owners have begun to realise that," he said. On his personal ambitions, he said, "I think I have completed most of my team goals when I helped Maharashtra reach the Ranji finals. On a personal front I am a bit disappointed in not making the Indian team. However, IPL is another big opportunity and a great chance to impress the selectors again." All-rounder Milind is the only player from the Delhi Ranji team in the Daredevils. The 23-year-old had a impressive run for the disappointing Delhi side in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. Milind scored two fifties and a total of 187 runs in five games averaging 62.33. "I started the season with a couple of half-centuries in the Challenger Trophy and now I have scored a few more in the Hazare Trophy. I hope my performances will be noticed by the Daredevils management. I have been working on my off-spin too and bowled in powerplay and slog overs this season. My bowling might also be useful for the team," Milind said. Most teams in IPL have invested heavily in domestic talent this year. Will Daredevils investments reap benefits, only time will tell. Indian players in Daredevils: Dinesh Karthik (Rs 12.5 crore), M Vijay (Rs 5 crore), Manoj Tiwary (Rs 2.8 crore), Kedar Jadhav (Rs 2 crore), Mayank Agarwal (Rs 1.6 crore), Saurabh Tiwary (Rs 70 lakh), Laxmi Ratan Shukla (Rs 1.5 crore), Rahul Sharma (Rs 1.9 crore), Shahbaz Nadeem (Rs 85 lakh), Mohammad Shami (Rs 4.25 crore), Jaydev Unadkat (Rs 2.8 crore), Siddarth Kaul (Rs 45 lakh), Rahul Shukla (Rs 40 lakh), HS Sharath (Rs 10 lakh), Jayant Yadav (Rs 10 lakh) and Milind Kumar (Rs 10 lakh).

yes I was wondering the same thing when I read an article somewhere maybe toi or the hindu cant recall in which daily it was told anyways jersey badalne se kismat nhi badalti :hysterical:
kya tum kehna chahte ho ki LKC inhe hi milega phir se :hmmm: