Give Me Some Sunshine, Give Me Some Rain

rkt.india

Ranchi’s medium fast pacer Monu Kumar Singh always remembers the movie Three Idiots, starring Aamir Khan, Bollywood's thinking star. Tired on constant jibes from his father, Bashishth Narayan Singh, the young bowler once got a video CD of the movie home and played for his family, his father included in the audience. And once the movie was over, he told his father: "Everyone cannot get high on studies. I want to be a cricketer. Have faith in me, believe me." His father, a senior member of the state police force, eventually agreed. Singh, now selected for the U-19 cricket team for the forthcoming ICC World Cup starting from February 12 in Dubai, is on a high. No one taunts him at home, no one laughs. "Everyone has started believing me, I am supremely confident," Singh told tadpoles. Singh wants to give full credit to senior players who shaped his career, the list including the late Santosh Lal, SP Gautam, Subroto Ghosh, Siddharthraj Sinha. *"These Jharkhand Ranji players always encouraged me to perform brilliantly in vital matches,"8 he added. But his physique is not that of a pacer. Worse, his height is 5'7". That does not bother Singh: "Players with general physique can also can aspire to be a fast bowler. All they need is to practice hard." He remembers an incident that happened last year. Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir saw Singh bowling at the nets. "After the nets, he called me and said he saw loads of potential in me and told me to be at it." Singh, who dropped out of school when he was in class X because he wanted to play cricket, wants to complete his study. "I would try to complete my education after the ICC World Cup. I could even pick up a job through the sports quota in the South Eastern Railway," said Singh. Singh will not talk anymore, he has picked up the ball for his run up to the 22 yard. That is his life, his world.
http://tadpoles.in/read/hqkt90um/give-me-some-sunshine-give-me-some-rain