IPL 2014 - Chennai Super Kings - Official Thread

StriKe

Cleaning Indian cricket :dontknow:
I should not be removed as BCCI president: Srinivasan http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/62716/i-should-not-be-removed-as-bcci-president-srinivasan
"I am highly aggrieved by the unfair and unsubstantiated allegations made against me in the course of hearing of the above matter on 27-03-2014. Further, I am personally not aware of the reason why this Hon'ble Court orally expressed that I should not continue as President of BCCI," Srinivasan stated.
"I humbly request this Hon'ble court to reconsider the interim order passed 28.3.2014 in so far as it relates to my elected office. My term ends with Sept 2014 and I should be allowed to complete my tenure."
"Even though this Hon'ble Court clearly observed orally as informed to me by counsel that the interim order is restricted to only BCCI activities, a hue and cry was made by vested interests who have been vocal in the media that I should not represent BCCI in the ICC."
Though IPL is just entertainment value nothing else.

A lot of distractions for CSK: Stephen Fleming http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/62709/a-lot-of-distractions-for-csk-stephen-fleming

"There's a lot going on, I won't lie. There are a lot of distractions (leading up to the tournament). I think we were all uncertain about how it was going to play out," Fleming said at a press conference.
"We were desperate to get back into the fold of the team. It has only been six years but a lot has happened. It's nice to get back into a team environment, where you're somewhat cocooned, and get a bit more info. All we can do is try and be consistent again but yes, it (controversy) is there, we acknowledge it."
"Getting back into the team environment is the most important thing. We`ll touch on the controversies (in team talks), if we think it's an issue. But I think most players are pretty relieved to be back and playing together."
"I think there are some pretty powerful additions to the side. Some new tools to play around with this season. There has been a shift in that we've lost a great player in Michael Hussey, but we've gone for some power players who on their day can win games."
"We've learnt a lot in the last six years. The players we've picked have quality and experience, these guys have done it before. Smith, in particular, has done it before for Mumbai. McCullum's the same - he didn't have much of a go at KKR, but we're looking forward to giving him an opportunity. Overall I know we've got a good side because the Indian core of players is dynamic."