Who would prefer as test captain?

zep1706

Who would prefer as test captain?  

1. 1.

• Kohli
    • Pujara
    • Other (mention who)

Kohli has to be the next captain. He did well when he cptained u-19 team and to me is the one who will take over.
Do you remember how good he was tactically then? One good thing about Kohli is that he hates to lose and won't be going through the motion smiling like Dhoni does. His negative point is that he can be a real ***** and so not sure how much respect he would get from his teammates as a leader. But leadership may bring more responsibility to his batting, which is one thing that's missing from his batting especially in test matches. He tends to throw his wicket away.
Kohli won the u-19 WC and is someone whose batting will not be affected by captaincy. I rated Gambhir a good captain as well. Pity he's so out of form he's no longer in the team.
I agree with this.kohli's batting form wont get affected too much because of captaincy
Pujara.kohli does have an attitude and Will be aggressive but I guess tactically Chepu Will be better. The biggest problem might be that he wont be able to concentrate purely as a batsman like he is doing ATM
But I think eventually Kohli will get the call. India generally want the same captain across all three formats and that may work against Che.
Do you remember how good he was tactically then? One good thing about Kohli is that he hates to lose and won't be going through the motion smiling like Dhoni does. His negative point is that he can be a real ***** and so not sure how much respect he would get from his teammates as a leader. But leadership may bring more responsibility to his batting' date=' which is one thing that's missing from his batting especially in test matches. He tends to throw his wicket away.[/quote'] look at clarke, he looks like he'll kill someone for dropping a catch. need that attitude but with a more positive mindset. allowed to make mistakes and have some off days but need performance. make things happen! i voted pujara because kohli would be great for odi captaincy, new breed is here but castrated by dhoni's sh*t captaincy.
Pujara.kohli does have an attitude and Will be aggressive but I guess tactically Chepu Will be better. The biggest problem might be that he wont be able to concentrate purely as a batsman like he is doing ATM
its not like pujara is being asked to field like jadeja. we know pujara isnt the best or worst of fielders but its fine to have more than one role. give VK vice-captaincy and captaincy in ODIs/t20s so that they support each other and think critically. take the chance, whats the worst that will happen? we lose another test? going to happen anyway

Kohli looks super agressive...but what I like is his hatered to defeat no matter the type of match he is playing. He can get over agressive at times...as seen in IPL captaincy period....but I guess only experience can get that under control. IMO his batting will not be affected...but every batsman goes through up & down...& I hope his down is not during his captaincy period.

Kohli looks super agressive...but what I like is his hatered to defeat no matter the type of match he is playing. He can get over agressive at times...as seen in IPL captaincy period....but I guess only experience can get that under control. IMO his batting will not be affected...but every batsman goes through up & down...& I hope his down is not during his captaincy period.
Look at Clarke! He has become a better batsman after getting more responsibility. Might happen with Kohli too. He is too good a batsman to have regular failures.