Impressed with kohli's captaincy?

Blue Star

I'm certainly impressed to be honest. Kept a slip for spinners and had a pretty proactive approach unlike dhoni. Yes, he used part timers but again varun Aaron was going for plenty and he had to use them. Best thing was he allowed the faster bowlers to bowl a long spell and gave them full chance to get into a good rhythm. His 100 shows captaincy hasn't affected his batting. Champion cricketer.:hatsoff:

whats wrong with Dhoni's approach in SC matches?
Hardly keeps a slip for the spinners, his approach of having fast bowlers at gully and this theory "everyone everywhere" doesn't work out. Kohli kept right fielders at the right position. Gave the faster bowlers a long spell and allowed them to settle into a good rhythm( if they hadn't, that's not his fault). He kept talking to the bowlers which we always wanted to see from dhoni.
Hardly keeps a slip for the spinners' date=' his approach of having fast bowlers at gully and this theory "everyone everywhere" doesn't work out. Kohli kept right fielders at the right position. Gave the faster bowlers a long spell and allowed them to settle into a good rhythm( if they hadn't, that's not his fault). He kept talking to the bowlers which we always wanted to see from dhoni.[/quote'] He always keeps a slip for spinners to start with.Obviously if they are getting hammered one would remove it. Fast bowlers at gully? can you give example of right fielder in right position?Field setting pretty much looked the same to me How did giving fast bowler a longer spell help?He held back Jaddu for that and brought him on when they were well settled.If Jaddu had been brought earlier we might have seen a wicket instead of partnership. Keeper can't talk to bowlers every ball.Anyway it doesnt have to be captain to talk to them every ball.Any senior player can do it(Sachin used to do under Dhoni) Kohli brought Aaron in batting PP when it was clear that he was struggling.Did not bowl out BK I don't want to criticise Kohli from one match,he'll get better but its far from great.At the end of the day,we conceded 280 v a team like BD despite having a decent bowling attack
He always keeps a slip for spinners to start with.Obviously if they are getting hammered one would remove it. Fast bowlers at gully? can you give example of right fielder in right position?Field setting pretty much looked the same to me How did giving fast bowler a longer spell help?He held back Jaddu for that and brought him on when they were well settled.If Jaddu had been brought earlier we might have seen a wicket instead of partnership. Keeper can't talk to bowlers every ball.Anyway it doesnt have to be captain to talk to them every ball.Any senior player can do it(Sachin used to do under Dhoni) Kohli brought Aaron in batting PP when it was clear that he was struggling.Did not bowl out BK I don't want to criticise Kohli from one match,he'll get better but its far from great.At the end of the day,we conceded 280 v a team like BD despite having a decent bowling attack
I was glad he kept varun in pp because that show he values wickets more than saving runs. Will pay off in the long run
He always keeps a slip for spinners to start with.Obviously if they are getting hammered one would remove it. Fast bowlers at gully? can you give example of right fielder in right position?Field setting pretty much looked the same to me How did giving fast bowler a longer spell help?He held back Jaddu for that and brought him on when they were well settled.If Jaddu had been brought earlier we might have seen a wicket instead of partnership. Keeper can't talk to bowlers every ball.Anyway it doesnt have to be captain to talk to them every ball.Any senior player can do it(Sachin used to do under Dhoni) Kohli brought Aaron in batting PP when it was clear that he was struggling.Did not bowl out BK I don't want to criticise Kohli from one match,he'll get better but its far from great.At the end of the day,we conceded 280 v a team like BD despite having a decent bowling attack
How many times we have seen dhoni not having a slip for a new batsman? Kohli kept a slip for the new batsman. Don't you remember dhoni keeping zak , ishanth , ashwin at square leg or gully? Dhoni wants an athletic team because he has this theory of" everyone everywhere" which results in having fielders at the wrong position. At least kohli didn't kept the slow movers inside the circle. Fast bowlers always need longer spells to settle into a good rhythm. I'm surprised you are not aware of it. Best thing about kohli is he used the fastest bowler in the power play, varun may have gone for plenty, but you always gotta give the benefit of the doubt that a team like Bangladesh would struggle against a bowler who is bowling at 145 plus. We don't expect dhoni to talk to bowlers all the time, but he hardly says anything to them and gives a mouthful to the likes of jaddu and ojha who are basically his slaves. Lol.

BK not given overs at the death or allowed to complete his quota? Blasphemous :--D Jokes aside, good start for Kohli. He will obviously not disturb too many things in the team to start with but may have to take a call on giving Mishra a run ahead of Ashwin and Pujara ahead of Rohit very soon. Will be interesting to see how he handles that.