Impressed with kohli's captaincy?

Blue Star

BK not given overs at the death or allowed to complete his quota? Blasphemous :--D Jokes aside, good start for Kohli. He will obviously not disturb too many things in the team to start with but may have to take a call on giving Mishra a run ahead of Ashwin and Pujara ahead of Rohit very soon. Will be interesting to see how he handles that.
But if kohli continues, your favorites vinnie kumar, mithun da, and dinda wont get back in the side :((
One thing really really impressed me was the way he handled varun aaron...lad had a torrid time but showed immense faith in him' date=' consistently spoke to him ( which dhoni hardly did as skipper with his fast bowlers), positive captaincy.[/quote'] Consistently talking to a bowler can add extra pressure! There are things bowlers can sort out themselves.
One thing really really impressed me was the way he handled varun aaron...lad had a torrid time but showed immense faith in him' date=' consistently spoke to him ( which dhoni hardly did as skipper with his fast bowlers), positive captaincy.[/quote'] I did not watch the game.But thats good to hear its better to speak to bowler on the field than through media.Kohli seems involved in the game and looking at the scorecard he seems to have not used part timers much.so all good.We need captain to apply common sense rather than try all sorts of things.
BK not given overs at the death or allowed to complete his quota? Blasphemous :--D Jokes aside, good start for Kohli. He will obviously not disturb too many things in the team to start with but may have to take a call on giving Mishra a run ahead of Ashwin and Pujara ahead of Rohit very soon. Will be interesting to see how he handles that.
bhuvi did bowl 4 ovrs in the death,bowled some good yorkers and according to the field
bhuvi did bowl 4 ovrs in the death' date='bowled some good yorkers and according to the field[/quote'] 2 overs, 47th and 49th, bowled some good yorkers too Absolutely no issues with him not completing his quota. Virat knew what he was doing. As I said, a very good start for him and that 100 will inspire the whole team to play at its best vs SL and Pak.

"I am very happy with the team performed,"says Man-of-the-Match Virat Kohli. "we bowled well today, there was an improvement in the death overs. Good to see everyone step up in the absence of MS Dhoni. I always thank amy dad everytime I achieve something. He worked very hard to help me get where I am. It was very important for someone like Ajinkya to bat through the innings - he was playing so well in NZ and SA and he played beautifully here too. He is a very positive guy - works very hard. So it was good for us to stay together till the end" Honest at least. Refreshing. "Well you know i thought the bowlers bowled really well, stuck to the plans (conceded 300+), the death bowling was good, ball came onto bat really well.. its important to play proper cricketing shots (he slogs everywhere)" - typical msd interview