Dump called Indian cricket.

jf1gp_1

If you look at how things have gone in the past 2-3 years, one has to admire how a person in power can play with players career and convert a team destined to go place to a team in shamble. There is no single person to blame, everyone did there part including the media and fans. Ganguly should have been dropped before Pak visited India almost a year before he actually was dropped. He continued all thanks to Dalmiya and once dalmiya was gone and for a change ganguly was actually scoring runs, he was dropped. The way ganguly handled akash chopra, murli kartik, deepdas gupta i think ganguly in return deserved what he got. Incame Chappell he created more bullshit, ganguly played his cards Dravid mr nice guy was made to act in a manner he cant. More was an idiot, spoke and acted like an a$$ in media and ofcourse in that selection room. I was expecting something better from Vengy but he is just the same ,Sachin as VC, can someone explain this to me. Don?t care what explaination vengy is giving, Sachin as VC to me means Rahul may not captain in WC if we fail in the next 8 games. Great job by vengy 8 weeks before WC. Indian dressing room is a place where 7-8 seniors sit hating each other, hoping and praying the other scores less than him. This is a team which almost won in Aus, Won in Pak, reached WC final, Won 17 ODIs chasing setting a new record, Won in WI and almost won in SA. If we had aussie management this team would have got the kind of results we see from aussies. Can someone in BCCI atleast pretend that they have some plan for this team ?

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. Good post. But don't think Ganguly deserved to be dropped before Pak tour, probably right after. While I agree that the BCCI creates a mess whenever and wherever it can, the selected players (atleast the so called deserving ones) add to the mess by some repeated sub-par performances.

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. vengsarkar has sucked big time jaffer in, jaffer out laxman in as vice-captain, laxman out mongia in, mongia out raina in, raina out, raina in. sehwag as vc, laxman as vc, and now tendulkar (btw, easily the worst choice) as vc kumble in, kumble rested??? i have never used an emoticon, and this is going to be the first :tired:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Dump called Indian cricket.

The way ganguly handled akash chopra, murli kartik, deepdas gupta i think ganguly in return deserved what he got.
Aaksh Chopra's pinnacle of performance used to be 50, so if anyone is to blame it has to be chopra himself, and moreover he was dropped when even that fifity was not forthcoming and some domestic contenders were knocking at the door. Deepdas Gupta, some said he came into team on ganguly's sifarish but later on allegation of diametrically opposite hue were thrown. there is nary a truth in any of these accusations.. fact is he was good batsman but ashambolic keeper hence had to go .. Murali Karthik: well I don't see how can karthik or anyone can find place in a team where kumble and bhajji warm benches in succession..

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. Agree with the original post, everyone has had a hand in leaving the team in its current state. Unfortunately now we also have Ganguly commenting in the media what the tactics should be for the upcoming ODIs. Why the heck is he hell bent of showing off his X-Captain skills in the media? It is stupid to have firstly named Sehwag the vice captain and now dump him. Laxman was named the vice captain in the test series and was dumped from the ODIs. Now Sachin of all is named as the vice captain :shrug: Sachin has been one of the worst captains ever in the history of Indian cricket. Now his batting is a bit wobbly too but why would anyone want to pressure him more by appointing him as vice captain. If Sachin takes up captaincy then that's pretty much good bye to Sachin Tendulkar the batsman IMO.

vengsarkar has sucked big time jaffer in, jaffer out laxman in as vice-captain, laxman out mongia in, mongia out raina in, raina out, raina in. sehwag as vc, laxman as vc, and now tendulkar (btw, easily the worst choice) as vc kumble in, kumble rested??? i have never used an emoticon, and this is going to be the first :tired:
I'm not a fan of Vengsarkar and his selection policy but I can at least try to find reason behind some of those erratic selections. Jaffer: Was selected purely for SA tour as a horses for courses policy. I'm glad that the moment SA tour got over, he was dropped. Laxman: I think Laxman was made the VC of test team only. If I remember correctly, Sehwag captained the 5th ODI even though Laxman played in it in SA. So Laxman's selection for the ODI in SA was an act of desperation because all the young guns and even the seniors were failing miserably in the ODIs there. Mongia: I think Mongia was selected especially for WI tour where his slow left arm bowling could prove handy but he failed miserably with bat. Still that was SA. WC is to be played at WI where pitches are low and slow. Mongia should have got chance for first 2 ODIs at least. Raina: I just wonder how he could be selected!! He can be bounced out by good pacers even on a slow & low pitch. VC saga: In the absence of Sehwag, Laxman and Yuvraj, who could have held this position? My personal vote would have gone to Dhoni, but perhaps selectors are not convinced with his keeping as yet, though I can't see why. So Sachin was an obvious choice once he agreed. He'll be VC only till WC as I learnt. Kumble: One must not forget that the guy is 36+ and India needs his services in the WC. So he needs to be fit; in fact fully fit. I'd have preferred to rest him for the entire series vs WI and would've brought him back against Lankans. These are my views.

Shouldn't a VC be someone who the team management feels is a natural leader and can be nurtured in way that one day he would take over the captaincy?
Of course they should be. So who do you recommend to be VC from the players selected for first 2 ODIs?

Shouldn't a VC be someone who the team management feels is a natural leader and can be nurtured in way that one day he would take over the captaincy?
Of course they should be. So who do you recommend to be VC from the players selected for first 2 ODIs?
It's very hard for an outsider to gauge a player's leadership qualities so it is totally up to the team management to decide but it should be someone relatively young.

It's very hard for an outsider to gauge a player's leadership qualities so it is totally up to the team management to decide but it should be someone relatively young.
Absolutely spot on. The VC is not for someone that is going to last very few years. It is for someone that is going to take the mantle in the future and in the course learns the nuances of captaincy. It is a shame for Tendulkar to be named vice captain particularly having captained twice before for a reasonable period of time.

Absolutely spot on. The VC is not for someone that is going to last very few years. It is for someone that is going to take the mantle in the future and in the course learns the nuances of captaincy. It is a shame for Tendulkar to be named vice captain particularly having captained twice before for a reasonable period of time.
Hmm.. So you tell me who could have been the VC in the team announced?

Hmm.. So you tell me who could have been the VC in the team announced?
Ideally Yuvraj Singh would be my choice. While Yuvraj Singh is not available Dhoni would probably be an automatic choice as I can't think of anyone else that can hold thier own in both formats of cricket and is young enough to one day go on to become a captain. For the record VVS Laxman would be my candidate for VC in both formats.

Ideally Yuvraj Singh would be my choice. While Yuvraj Singh is not available Dhoni would probably be an automatic choice
They've not gone for a long term solution here. Its only till the WC. After that we're not even sure if Dravid remain the captain or not, what to talk of any VC!!!! I'm sure though that once the WC squad is announced, there will be different VC, most probably Yuvraj.

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. SRT for VC ? Selectors have set a very bad example IMO. On one hand, they claim performance and not reputation that counts, and drop Sehwag. OTOH, they make an old man, whose place in either team is questionable, a VC ? If Laxman's example is anything to go by, Tendu may soon be dropped from the ODI squad, after being VC :hic: Dhoni should have been made VC, in the short term, with Yuvraj being the long term candidate.