Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014

Raghav_12

Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014  

1. 1.

• Rafael Nadal
    • Novak Djokovic
    • Andy Murray
    • None of the above

A lot of people are taking these 500 wins too seriously. Fed won a 500 just before Wimbledon last year if memory serves me right and he got dumped out in round 2/3 of Wimbledon. 500 events are just that, 4th tier events that the top guys (which Fed hasn't been for 18 months) will not try to use too much energy. Indian Wells starts next week, I think the qualifiers start on the 6th. That will give us a better idea of Fed's resurgance and whether Dimitrov can really tug it with the big boys. No doubt the winniner will have to beat 3 top 10 players along the way. IW was the slowest HC last year, the stats indicate this. There's no official statement, but you can go by the average rally length, the ace count, returns made etc to get an idea. Monte Carlo was the slowest of them all, IW was the slowest HC. So it will be very tough for Fed and Murray. Can't see past Novak or Rafa for IW though, conditions suit them there.

A lot of people are taking these 500 wins too seriously. Fed won a 500 just before Wimbledon last year if memory serves me right and he got dumped out in round 2/3 of Wimbledon. 500 events are just that, 4th tier events that the top guys (which Fed hasn't been for 18 months) will not try to use too much energy.
Goes to show your incredible tennis knowledge. :cantstop: There is no ATP 500 on grass. From next year onward they will upgrade Halle and Queens from 250 to 500. Federer is looking a lot better this year than last year. He is playing like he did in 2012. I would not bet my money against him at Wimbledon if he continues to play like this.

Indian Wells draw is out. Nadal, Murray, Wawrinka, Federer on the same half. We might have a Nadal-Murray match after 2.5 years. The good thing about this draw is that it should save us from a bones' meltdown. :haha: Nadal's possible opponents 1st round: Bye 2nd round: Stepanek/Istomin 3rd round: Dolgopolov 4th round: Monfils/Fognini Quarter-final: Murray/Raonic Semi-final: Federer/Wawrinka Final: Djokovic/Berdych/Del Potro/Tsonga Federer's possible opponents 1st round: Bye 2nd round: Qualifier 3rd round: Tursunov/Monaco 4th round: Nishikori/Haas Quarter-final: Wawrinka Semi-final: Nadal/Murray Final: Djokovic/Berdych/Del Potro/Tsonga Djokovic's possible opponents 1st round: Bye 2nd round: Hanescu/Qualifier 3rd round: Dodig 4th round: Robredo/Cilic Quarter-final: Tsonga/Del Potro/Simon/Pospisil Semi-final: Berdych/Gasquet/Isner/Dimitrov Final: Nadal/Federer/Murray/Wawrinka Murray's possible opponents 1st round: Bye 2nd round: Rosol/Qualifier 3rd round: Andujar 4th round: Raonic/Janowicz Quarter-final: Nadal Semi-final: Federer/Wawrinka Final: Djokovic/Berdych/Del Potro/Tsonga The full draw-- http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2014&Draw=ms

Goes to show your incredible tennis knowledge. :cantstop:
You seem really bitter, I said a 250 event was a 500 event, wow, that must mean I never watch tennis right? I don't know anythign abotu the sport because I didn't know one of the lower tier events was even lower than I thought. Grow up clown. Afor Fed being better than last year, yes he is, he's moving better and his ploy of coming to the net and pushing further towards and playing inside the baseline is getting the desired results. However and this is quite a big however, he got owned well and truly by Rafa in the AO, so he was playing well and it still wasn't good enough. Can he win Wimbledon? Sure, but I don't think he's got the game to beat Rafa anywhere and he will probably have to face Murray at some point too and I'd take Murray over him on grass at this moment.

Draw is easier on Del Potro this time round, thank good ness, last year he was spent by the time he got to the final, after having to come back from a set down against Murray and Djokovic in consecutive days. Another top heavy draw for sure. Nadal's luck in draws ain't happening this year it seems.

I've just been reading on one of the news sites and found a funny comment, even zep1706 the miserable **** might smile reading it. "El Tio's reign was supreme. Lord Becker has the powers of a wizard too. The Aus Open and IW draws are evidence that El Tio's rigging stands no chance against Lord Becker's sorcery."

You seem really bitter, I said a 250 event was a 500 event, wow, that must mean I never watch tennis right? I don't know anythign abotu the sport because I didn't know one of the lower tier events was even lower than I thought. Grow up clown.
There is a reason why I said that buffoon. The lack of >250 tournaments on grass has been a big talking point among tennis enthusiasts over the years and it along with the extra added week on grass were the big news when the 2015 calendar came out. The fact that you have no idea about that shows your ignorance. Of course I wouldn't have any problem if someone else made that mistake, but you have claimed to be someone who even watches challengers and stuff. So had to expose your fraud. Also after the way you have posted on this forum, you asking others to grow up is like a prostitute giving others lectures on celibacy.
Afor Fed being better than last year, yes he is, he's moving better and his ploy of coming to the net and pushing further towards and playing inside the baseline is getting the desired results. However and this is quite a big however, he got owned well and truly by Rafa in the AO, so he was playing well and it still wasn't good enough. Can he win Wimbledon? Sure, but I don't think he's got the game to beat Rafa anywhere and he will probably have to face Murray at some point too and I'd take Murray over him on grass at this moment.
Agreed except I am not too sure about Murray right now. Murray has to improve a lot from the way he is playing now. I guess IW would be a good indicator.

I've just been reading on one of the news sites and found a funny comment, even zep1706 the miserable **** might smile reading it. "El Tio's reign was supreme. Lord Becker has the powers of a wizard too. The Aus Open and IW draws are evidence that El Tio's rigging stands no chance against Lord Becker's sorcery."
Of course has to be a copied one. You are not capable of writing something that funny yourself. I have read it already on some other forum.

Tsonga, Berdych out, Del Potro withdrew all from the bottom half. If it wasn't easy enough for Novak already now he can sleepwalk to the final. I am surprised to see bones not posting his angry reaction yet as to how lopsided the draw is. Oh wait! :P

It's very disappointing, The draw looks very easy for Novak, which means by the time he has to face a top quality player, he will still not be in peak form. The courts are ridiculously slow, too too slow and it's putting me off it. Nadal is slight favourite for me, balls are bouncing so high and he'll have all the time in the world on this surface. From what I did see over the weekend, it'll be a fairly open tournament and it's one of the toughest to calla winner for, normally, you'd pick Nole, Rafa or Murray for these masters events, but in this one, it could be any of about 8 players. The draw is disgusting and Del Po has made it even worse, It's now even more top heavy than it was before.

The way Nadal played against Stepanek I don't see him reaching the final. I don't understand Del Potro. He has been clearly struggling all year. Why don't he take a break and come back fit? He said he would try to play Miami. It is only going to make it worse playing half fit all the time.

Tennis players have a shelf life of about 10 years , most players who are not Fed or Rafa, can only play at the top of the mens game for about maybe 5/6 years? That's the time to make money. Sure DelPo is rushing it, but you can see why.