'MapMyIndia' - How accurate is it?

Bublu Bhuyan

Think twice before getting dedicated GPS system. car mounts are available for all mobiles and tablets now a days.. u can connect the aux and attned the calls as well. My xperia has a saperate app called car mode, where I can download all the maps to SD card, which would work like a dedicated GPS device. I m thinking to throw that away and get a car mount like this for a dormant ipad i have. Lot of third party car gps apps are available. ipad-2-windshield-mount-ipmcf-cm117.jpg

Think twice before getting dedicated GPS system. car mounts are available for all mobiles and tablets now a days.. u can connect the aux and attned the calls as well. My xperia has a saperate app called car mode, where I can download all the maps to SD card, which would work like a dedicated GPS device. I m thinking to throw that away and get a car mount like this for a dormant ipad i have. Lot of third party car gps apps are available. ipad-2-windshield-mount-ipmcf-cm117.jpg
You have a dormant iPad? What a rich arsol.

You have a dormant iPad? What a rich arsol.
lol i don't have ipad air, it's a first gen ipad. it's a gift to my mom from my brother, but my mom has only fruit ninja in that. :winky: I m one of the poorest guys in ICF. If u call me rich, then those NRI's and globe traverllers will be offended. :giggle:

its pretty accurate .If I'm right Garmin is better in terms of map updates because you get free map updates ' date='whereas in mapmyindia you need to pay for the same .[/quote'] The biggest difference is MMI maps can be updated into Garmin devices. Any garmin device will support the latest MMI database. MMI devices dont get latest software updates, u need to buy a new device for latest maps. They will say like "You will receive update till 2014 if u use Road Pilot, get the latest device to get the new maps for FREE" Although a petty jailbreak can be done to get the latest database.