Nanda's Great IPL Auction 2014 ! Congrats to winners - See OP for details

gaurav92

No' date=' in this competition owner is allowed to pick only 11 players, not a single more, not a single less. He can use wild card to exchange a player with an unsold player. One cannot selected 18 players in the team.[/quote'] Wow!!!! that'll be really, really difficult. You have a total of 118 players in the pool and just 5 teams so why not allow each team a squad a 17 or 18 - this will give everyone some choice and make it more interesting.

Troll the other team by dropping your hat and refuse to strike a bid further :hatsoff: The number of players one can buy is 11. So yes there is a limit, but you can't keep a lid on the number of players to bid for. If one trollls, he takes his own risk of ending up buying that player too :cantstop:
That is a must from my previous experience in auctions in fantasy leagues like these. Anyway its your choice.

Wow!!!! that'll be really, really difficult. You have a total of 118 players in the pool and just 5 teams so why not allow each team a squad a 17 or 18 - this will give everyone some choice and make it more interesting.
15 at max imo

Wow!!!! that'll be really, really difficult. You have a total of 118 players in the pool and just 5 teams so why not allow each team a squad a 17 or 18 - this will give everyone some choice and make it more interesting.
I wanted it to be tough. If all players are gonna be selected, the fun element is less, but if more players are needed, we can think about it. So, should I keep it to 15 players X 5 teams making it 75. We shall have max 5 star players, minimum 6 Home players and maximum 5 overseas players. What say ?

I wanted it to be tough. If all players are gonna be selected, the fun element is less, but if more players are needed, we can think about it. So, should I keep it to 15 players X 5 teams making it 75. We shall have max 5 star players, minimum 6 Home players and maximum 5 overseas players. What say ?
sounds good to me

15 theek hai.

another small suggestion - since in this game the owner will have to remain involved every single day for around 2 months, you should ask the applicants to go for joint ownership only - if one is not present for any reason (which is highly likely considering its 2 months) for a few days then the team can still be managed by the other owner. Also, those who already own teams in your league should be given less preference (or should be allowed to apply only as joint owners) - agar unko phir se team mili toh baaki logon ka kya hoga :--D
just buy the players that s it , they will perform for you though it is a new game I still agree that will ensure more Icfers participating

Any reply on this?
There are 32 star players who everyone will go for. The maximum one can select is 25. So if one triolls, there are options with other players. The thing here is if you are going with a mindset that you got to select these 5 players in your team with a maximum of so and so price, you can't do it. There will be times you end up paying much more for it, so this is basically the strategy that the team owners must develop to not fall for it. same things happen in real auctions too, it can't be stopped completely. A question for you, if I ask a player to bid on 25 bids max. and he has used 20 of his bids, and needs 3 players, he will be in a position that others may dictate him. Others will bid knowing that he needs certain number of players in the team and he doesn't have many bids left and the player left to be auctioned aren't any better, so troll him an he may end up paying 100 bilz to a single player. So the right can be misused even then.
Add my name in the owners :hitler:
Give me 100 bn :hitler: