Conditions apply in Indian Premier League 2014

Switchblade

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/conditions-apply-in-indian-premier-league-2014/ The format notorious for its unpredictability wasn’t desperate for another ‘uncontrollable’ but IPL Season 7 managed to add a blind turn to the T20 rollercoaster. So last month, when the best cricketing brains sat at the auction, they had at hand an unenviable task. They were to pick a team without knowing where the IPL was headed. With South Africa too in the fray, along with UAE and Bangladesh, to co-host season 7, it was wise to have a Plan B. Stacking the team with express bowlers was a way to deal with the half-expected contingency keeping in mind the hard South African tracks. So when on Tuesday it was finally announced that the IPL would be played in mostly India-like conditions — Bangladesh and UAE too have slow and low tracks — the franchise strategists would have been glumly calculating the losses incurred over their South Africa speculation. Given a chance, every team would have been ready to trade their expensive pacers for a slow and stingy spinner. At the auction, serious cash was splurged on those who could bowl in the 140s. Mitchell Starc had his lucky day as he went under the hammer first. With most team keen to fill up their pace department, Starc got Rs 5 cr. The Indian pacers Mohammad Sami (4.5 cr), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (4.5 cr), Vinay Kumar (2.8 cr), Umesh Yadav (2.6 cr), Ishant Sharma (2.6 cr) and Ashok Dinda (1.5 cr) too saw hectic bidding. Pace bowling all-rounder Corey Anderson at 4.5 cr was seen as a smart buy. Mitchell Johnson and Dale Steyn came with the biggest tags for their teams. Eight fast bowlers making it to the Top 20 highest earners at the two-day auction, an unprecedented trend. Come April, it will be proved if the money spent on them was worth it. The South Africa whisper was bad for spinners. Wrist spinners Amit Mishra, Piyush Chawla and Karan Sharma — those expected to turn the ball on any surface — got good money but the finger tweakers were out of favour. Ajantha Mendis, Johan Botha, Suraj Randiv and Rangana Herath went unsold. Royal Challengers, Delhi Daredevials and Kings XI Punjab will be the most hit by the schedule. They don’t seem to have the bowling for local conditions. And like always, Chennai Super Kings seems to have got it right. They have the likes of Ashwin and Jadeja and they haven’t spent much on pacers. Their most-expensive new pacer this season is Ashish Nehra at Rs 2 crore.

MJ won't be that effective in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi plus I think he will take it easy as he won't like to get injured.
he has a good record in ODIs there. Don't think he'll take it easy.doesnt seem that kind of player Anyway we got Perera as backup :musicman:

usko select nahi karege team me :pray:
You need Srini to bully them as him and Malinga are the players who play in the current 11 of Srilankan team.Plus I see a lot of them struggling in UAE,Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.The likes of Warner,Viru,DK,KP,Ross,Maxwell,Pollard,Anderson will :emc: that's what I think.IPL should have been in South Africa but $$$$$ was the issue.

Lol. KXIP bowlers. Lord :sad: Even RCB bowlers would get caned. Starc might do well but Dinda with those short ones on these wickets would be even worse than he already is.
they should allow to change one player and get a spinner from those unsold ones :protest: KXIP got Murali Kartik.hopefully does well. Maxwell might play ahead of Miller too due to his off spin thing.though I think it'll be wrong:((

Lol. KXIP bowlers. Lord :sad: Even RCB bowlers would get caned. Starc might do well but Dinda with those short ones on these wickets would be even worse than he already is.
KKR bowling wise are good Chawla and Sunil are there for them then Shakib and Yusuf can also contribute with the ball.Delhi is another team that will be in trouble.

KKR bowling wise are good Chawla and Sunil are there for them then Shakib and Yusuf can also contribute with the ball.Delhi is another team that will be in trouble.
Delhi got Rahul and Nadeem.thats enough imo even Duminy can be handy

they should allow to change one player and get a spinner from those unsold ones :protest: KXIP got Murali Kartik.hopefully does well. Maxwell might play ahead of Miller too due to his off spin thing.though I think it'll be wrong:((
Can't you fit in Maxwell, Bailey, Johnson and Miller in the XI? Would be a very strong middle order.

Wow! KKR has a very good attack + Gambhir to tackle spinners. Which spinners have you guys got? RR has a decent attack here. Not bad, not that good either.

Tambe' date='Abdullah and?[/quote'] There is an another domestic spinner, IIRC. Not a bad attack but as I said, nothing great either. Marsh should sit out but yeah, that won't happen.Miller, Bailey and Maxwell would have been a gun line up. :afraid: