'I'm at my best,' says Vinay Kumar

currently i would take him over Aaron.
OMG PLEASE see my thread on trundlers, it shall enlighten you http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=310143 Vinay over Aaron? When did Vinay ever threaten international batsmen? He gets wickets when batsmen go after him. Sure Aaron had a bad game but he has the tools to be a success. Look at cricket history: Lee, McGrath, Akhtar, Akram, Waqar to name a few - they had pace and control, some more than others. Once aaron improves and becomes more disciplined, which he will after playing more games, then you will praise him. Trundler fans don't stop :hysterical:

54 wickets in last 2 months across formats, including 27 wickets in 7 list A matches! Almost like a batsman scoring 1000+ runs in a similar period If Karnataka win the Ranji one dayers as well, he would have led them to a clean sweep in both FC and List A cricket. A real giant in domestic cricket. May not have done much at international level, doesn't take anything away from his domestic achievements.

54 wickets in last 2 months across formats, including 27 wickets in 7 list A matches! Almost like a batsman scoring 1000+ runs in a similar period If Karnataka win the Ranji one dayers as well, he would have led them to a clean sweep in both FC and List A cricket. A real giant in domestic cricket. May not have done much at international level, doesn't take anything away from his domestic achievements.
He deserves a come back.
This is sad in so many ways...Vinay is a class apart from his team mates likes of Mithun and Sharat(from what i have seen of him)....I have seen Pankaj and Pandey(only in IPL TBF,hardly bowled) and Vinay even looks better than them. and we know Vinay's worth in the big leagues SO now I am worried about or bowling stocks. Hope bumrah is good :pray: Else sorry to break it to you guys but Vinay may get a comeback given our resources
This is sad in so many ways...Vinay is a class apart from his team mates likes of Mithun and Sharat(from what i have seen of him)....I have seen Pankaj and Pandey(only in IPL TBF,hardly bowled) and Vinay even looks better than them. and we know Vinay's worth in the big leagues SO now I am worried about or bowling stocks. Hope bumrah is good :pray: Else sorry to break it to you guys but Vinay may get a comeback given our resources
Vinay has been thrashed in knockouts. He only got wickets when batsmen went after him chasing a big total in slog overs. He conceded 75 runs yesterday but got 4 wickets in bargain as batsmen were slogging blindly. It can happen in domestic cricket batsmen miss-hitting as they are all not that good but international batsmen hit him out of the park rather than miss-hitting. Regarding IPL, if you compare Pandey and Pankaj bowling of IPL to Vinay's bowling in FC then that is unfair. Compare Vinay's bowling in IPL with them and he is as poor. He takes wickets when batsmen slog but goes for a lot of runs. There are a lot of bowlers like Vinay who has been great at domestic level but not good enough at international level. You can see them slog it out in county cricket and Shaffield shield, likes of Trent Copeland, Jon Lewis, etc. Copeland averages 19 at FC level but could not do much when he played tests. Same of Jon Lewis who has been so successful at FC level but failed at international level. Some times, you must have thought that Vinay looks even better than Shami in FC but Shami is better than him in international cricket.
ahh we have a vinee fan here :woot:
Vinay has been thrashed in knockouts. He only got wickets when batsmen went after him chasing a big total in slog overs. He conceded 75 runs yesterday but got 4 wickets in bargain as batsmen were slogging blindly. It can happen in domestic cricket batsmen miss-hitting as they are all not that good but international batsmen hit him out of the park rather than miss-hitting. Regarding IPL, if you compare Pandey and Pankaj bowling of IPL to Vinay's bowling in FC then that is unfair. Compare Vinay's bowling in IPL with them and he is as poor. He takes wickets when batsmen slog but goes for a lot of runs. There are a lot of bowlers like Vinay who has been great at domestic level but not good enough at international level. You can see them slog it out in county cricket and Shaffield shield, likes of Trent Copeland, Jon Lewis, etc. Copeland averages 19 at FC level but could not do much when he played tests. Same of Jon Lewis who has been so successful at FC level but failed at international level. Some times, you must have thought that Vinay looks even better than Shami in FC but Shami is better than him in international cricket.
Shami gets most of his wickets during the batting PP and death overs, should that be not counted at all? Also, other bowlers don't get slogged in end overs? 2 wickets in 2 balls yesterday won Karnataka the game. I don't know why his poor international record has to be looked at when discussing his domestic performances.
ahh we have a vinee fan here :woot:
As someone who follows domestic cricket with passion, am a fan of anyone who gives it all at the domestic level, especially someone with a lucrative IPL contract who can so easily not take these games seriously at all. He got his chances at international level, wasn't good enough for that level. That happens, doesn't demeans his domestic performances