PCB, the crybaby of world cricket

Dhondy

Within the space of three days of a single Test match, the PCB has lodged 2 separate complaints to the match referee, both regarding SA players. The first complaint was lodged regarding Nel's sledging of Pakistani batsmen. Apparently, the delicate darlings couldn't handle it and went crying to the team management. On the second occasion, the stump mike overheard a SA player mutter, "these people are bloody animals" or something to that effect. The comment was directed at three Pakistani spectators who had been shamelessly abusing Paul Harris, a player of Jewish origin, in Urdu, while the latter was fielding on the boundary. They were subsequently thrown out of the ground by stewards. However, PCB took this as a personal affront to the nation of Pakistan, and fired another tearful missive to Papa Chris Broad. What delicious irony that Broad himself is regarded as the "white man's referee", known for consistently giving biased adjudications in favour of the Caucasian cricket playing teams! Nobody has of course forgotten the Pakistan team's massive tantrum in the Oval Test that led to the ouster of Darrel Hair. Looking at things, it would appear that this cricket team believes that there's a conspiracy afoot by all and sundry to subjugate them to British Raj type slavery. Or come to think of it, it may be just a ploy to divert the attention of cricket followers from their woeful performance away from the subcontinent. After all, it's no coincidence that these complaints always crop up when the team is doing badly on alien shores.

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket And then look at this gem from PCB's director for cricket Saleem Altaf for a supreme example of double speak: "Sledging is acceptable but if it is tainted with racist comments it is unacceptable. Anyone making racist taunts is liable to be punished under the International Cricket Council Code of Conduct. We have let the manager proactively handle the issue." Dear oh dear, what hypocrisy! PCB wants matters to be dealt with as per the ICC's code of conduct when it suits them, after blatantly flouting it in the nandrolone affair, and letting drug cheats turn out in national colours in the face of an international uproar. The mind boggles.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Ham to bas khush hain jannab.. bas agale mathc mein when that other thug returns I want one more thrashing that will be icing on the cake..

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket I applaud the PCB for taking pride in their own country unlike us who got shafted in our behind with umpiring and called the umpiring pretty decent (as quoted by Rahul Dravid). If the spectators did something bad (as they did), it is the job of the local police to handle them, not some racist saffie player. I would be glad if our own board did more of these "so called" crying than just showing our behind and get shafted time and again.

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Gibbs should be fined for the verbal abuse. You have to maintain certain amount of decency while playing as an International Cricketer. If PCB complained that means they are proactive and makes it clear that they wont take any bad mouthing from anyone. If india failed to do so that is the fault of Indian officials. If you are an Indian fan that doesnt mean you support bad mouthing against Pakistan or any other country. That is not the way our Country is build and how the founding fathers of the country envisioned it to be. So Indian fans please restrain when making any comments against Pakistan or any other country to that matter...

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket

I would be glad if our own board did more of these "so called" crying than just showing our behind and get shafted time and again.
Ditto. In my living memory of watching cricket I have not seen Indian cricketers work as a unit ready to fight with opposition when need be. No team in the world takes the tag of its a gentleman's game better than team India. Imagine yourself as Paul Harris. A newbie in an International team playing in one of his first games, trying to find his feet in International arena when he gets sledged. Then imagine senior pros abusing those who have sledged him from the stands. If you were Paul, wouldnt you get a feeling of immediate commaderie? That there are seniors who are willing to walk on fire for you? That Gibbs was banned for 2 tests would only lend steel to Paul Harris and his teammanship with other Saffies. On the other hand Pakistanis are also to be applauded for not taking it like chickens. Granted it showed them a bit as cry-baby but come on which proud citizen of any country would stand to hear a "Effing XYZians"? I am reminded of the time Kapil made his debut against Pakistan in Pakistan. He was relentlessly sledged by Pakistanis. Amongst others that sledged him was one of his hero - Majid Khan. When Majid came to bat Kapil upped the ante and abused him relentlessly with maa-behan. Ditto for other Pakistani players. At the end of the day Pakistani skipper Mushtaq Mohammed told Bedi, "Yeh accha larka mila hai aapko, hisaab chukta karna jaanta hai". Bedi replied with a beaming smile, "Hun aayega majaa". Compare this today to the likes of Sachin, Dravid, Kumble and the lot. Great players all but are they the kind ready to wringle the neck of the opposition if need be? Maybe that is the reason why we have never been able to dominate world cricket. Wish we had a few more of Kapil Devs. xxxx
Guest dada_rocks

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Dada did exactly that whole India still whinges on that issue , how come Dada break the indian tradition.. :wall:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Captain Graeme Smith said he could not condone Gibbs' action but he made strong comments about the circumstances which led to the incident.

"There was quite a lot of racial abuse from the Pakistan fans towards our players and I think that provoked a lot of what happened," he said. "Herschelle was down at third man and he was copping a lot of abuse and I think even racial abuse. "The worrying thing is that Pakistan always have a large support base around the world. Security needs to be looked at. "There was an incident where Makhaya [Ntini] was hit on the head by a Pakistan flag going up the stairs. "The guys were provoked and that is why they are angry but we understand that what Herschelle did was wrong."
Well what goes around comes around
Guest dada_rocks

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Never got this half black proclaiming themselves black with aplomb and downplaying white gene.....Well u are as white as u are black so why highlight one and hide the other.

Re: PCB, the crybaby of world cricket Fair enough Gibbs should be taken to task by his own board for the misbehavior. I have no problems with it but I think PCB should shut up for a while and fix their own house before anything. Who the heck knows what are they saying to the Saffie players in their own language? I have seen some really gross behaviour in the recent years by the Pakis. Even the likes of Faisal Iqbal isn't a saint. If you know to give some you should be man enough to take some. We have seen enough of the cry baby Shoaib Akthar over the years and the way he goes on to behave when dealt with like wise. This reminds me of the ICC trophy 2004 when Rahul Dravid struck into Shoaib and Shoaib started to behave like a sissy. Simply put the Pakis just don't know how to take and their chest thumping aggression drama is just a freakin farce. Simply put they are freakin scared of the likes of Nel and the rest that are always in your face. The Indians dealt it a lot better and gave back as much as they got. Moreover the Indian players barring one or two are big men compared to the Pakistanis you see :hic: This Pakistan team barring one or two are pretty puny physically and don't look very dominant in the field unlike their previous teams :lol: The yesteryear Pakistani players were fairly big physically and could stand up to bullies but this team is pretty meek. The Paksitani players want their Board to fight it out rather than they take on the opponents in a manly fashion.

Fair enough Gibbs should be taken to task by his own board for the misbehavior. I have no problems with it but I think PCB should shut up for a while and fix their own house before anything. Who the heck knows what are they saying to the Saffie players in their own language? I have seen some really gross behaviour in the recent years by the pakistanis. Even the likes of Faisal Iqbal isn't a saint. If you know to give some you should be man enough to take some. We have seen enough of the cry baby Shoaib Akthar over the years and the way he goes on to behave when dealt with like wise. This reminds me of the ICC trophy 2004 when Rahul Dravid struck into Shoaib and Shoaib started to behave like a sissy. Simply put the pakistanis just don't know how to take and their chest thumping aggression drama is just a freakin farce. Simply put they are freakin scared of the likes of Nel and the rest that are always in your face. The Indians dealt it a lot better and gave back as much as they got. Moreover the Indian players barring one or two are big men compared to the Pakistanis you see :hic: This Pakistan team barring one or two are pretty puny physically and don't look very dominant in the field unlike their previous teams :lol: The yesteryear Pakistani players were fairly big physically and could stand up to bullies but this team is pretty meek. The Paksitani players want their Board to fight it out rather than they take on the opponents in a manly fashion.
I agree with most of what you say but i will say this, that the main complaints about Gibbs came from viewers who heard the abuse on the stump microphone. Also the PCB does have a right to intervene in this case if Gibbs was abusing the players. Also i agree that this current side seems to be mentally and physically weak. What happened to the Punjabi and Pathan 'pelwaans' that we used to churn out like a never ending machine? Aside from Inzy, Younis and a couple of the seamers i can't remember a Pakistan side so weak physically. Oh well we'll have Shoaib 'Nando' Akhtar back to beef up the team soon. :lmao:

Moreover the Indian players barring one or two are big men compared to the Pakistanis you see hic This Pakistan team barring one or two are pretty puny physically and don't look very dominant in the field unlike their previous teams lol The yesteryear Pakistani players were fairly big physically and could stand up to bullies but this team is pretty meek.
my view exactly....

Fair enough Gibbs should be taken to task by his own board for the misbehavior. I have no problems with it but I think PCB should shut up for a while and fix their own house before anything. Who the heck knows what are they saying to the Saffie players in their own language? I have seen some really gross behaviour in the recent years by the pakistanis. Even the likes of Faisal Iqbal isn't a saint. If you know to give some you should be man enough to take some. We have seen enough of the cry baby Shoaib Akthar over the years and the way he goes on to behave when dealt with like wise. This reminds me of the ICC trophy 2004 when Rahul Dravid struck into Shoaib and Shoaib started to behave like a sissy. Simply put the pakistanis just don't know how to take and their chest thumping aggression drama is just a freakin farce. Simply put they are freakin scared of the likes of Nel and the rest that are always in your face. The Indians dealt it a lot better and gave back as much as they got. Moreover the Indian players barring one or two are big men compared to the Pakistanis you see :hic: This Pakistan team barring one or two are pretty puny physically and don't look very dominant in the field unlike their previous teams :lol: The yesteryear Pakistani players were fairly big physically and could stand up to bullies but this team is pretty meek. The Paksitani players want their Board to fight it out rather than they take on the opponents in a manly fashion.
I agree with most of what you say but i will say this, that the main complaints about Gibbs came from viewers who heard the abuse on the stump microphone. Also the PCB does have a right to intervene in this case if Gibbs was abusing the players. Also i agree that this current side seems to be mentally and physically weak. What happened to the Punjabi and Pathan 'pelwaans' that we used to churn out like a never ending machine? Aside from Inzy, Younis and a couple of the seamers i can't remember a Pakistan side so weak physically. Oh well we'll have Shoaib 'Nando' Akhtar back to beef up the team soon. :lmao:
Gibbs deserves this and I have absolutely no sympath for him. I was referring to PCB taking up the Andrew Nel issue with ICC. I know Nel is irritating but as long as he is not abusing the players racially the PCB should lie low on this one otherwise it will look like the players are way too intimidated by Nel. Akthar, Gul, Asif clearly have the looks of the fast bowlers. Gul is a bit too gentle by the looks but is a good bowler. Asif looks quite good on aggression although not too pacy. As I said yesteryear Pakistani players when walked on to the ground looked mean and aggressive. I have watched a lot of Pakistani teams in the past and always thought they are a very aggressive unit. They carried certain aura and looked very tough. I think they are a bit too soft these days and not the ruthless Pakistani teams I have come to know of in the past.